Adventures for Wish Kids 5K

0-120

I was going through the PKI website and saw that they had a 5K, so I was wondering if anyone's done this before, and was wondering if you run through the park or what? I think that would be really fun to do, although making the entire 5K might require quite a bit of weaving.

I remember awhile back, I was doing this walk for some charity and we walked AROUND the park! We started near the road behind timberwolf and walk totally AROUND the park! We never once stepped foot inside the park until we got back around near the water park area. Just thinking maybe that is it!?

I don't remember that walk being the "Wish Kids" walk. This walk usually takes place in the fall right after the park closes for the full season. We normally offer hot dogs, chips, water and stuff afterwards once they get to the waterpark. Though, this usually is little kids walking with their parents or someone to raise money for other kid problems I believe.

I checked today. The Adventures for Wish Kids 5k is on May 8th. This is not the same walk as ones done in the past years. The other walk does occur latter on in the year. This walk does use the same route on the back roads and is just an additional walk/fund raiser sponsered by the park and other corporations.

• 2 weeks later...

2 of my friends from school ran in the 5k...matt clark a junior soccer play who is in my 2nd 4th and 5th bells at amelia high school finish the race in 25 something and got 5th in his age group and ashley spencer a junior soccer player who was in my first bell english class until i got kicked out of it..long story dont ask...unless you want to know hehe..finish second in her age group at 30 something and could have won her group if she would not have walked