CF shake up

windshawne

Oh, I well know about the eagles, but why suddenly mention them in that context and then?

It is the age of social media.

Just a small nugget of info about the park keeps followers interested in the off-season and keeps them coming back looking for more.

Bald eagles are quite majestic in the the wild. We had one outside of work a few years back eating a rabbit. We watched & snapped pics for quite some time in pure awe. Many of us posted what we saw on our own FB page.

It is fun to look back and decipher a tweet like this, but you know what they say about hindsight.

Some info about bald eagles & their nest:

Q. How do eagles find their old nest?

A. Since the nests are so large, it's probably pretty easy, especially if they haven't gone too far! I suspect though, that you are asking about birds that migrate long distances to and from their nests. In that case, since eagles are diurnal (daytime) fliers, we believe they use familiar landmarks to guide them to the general area, and once there, use more familiar and specific cues to find their particular lake and then the nest tree. Such cues as extensive mountain ranges or large water bodies or the coastline might first be used. These birds obviously "store" great amounts of information or "memory" of the landscapes in their lives, as they easily move 50 - 100 miles in a winter day in search of food.

http://www.learner.org/jnorth/www/critters/eagle/826572782.html
  • Like 1

https://twitter.com/#!/KIGMGREG

And with the same Twitter handle format. Methinks this more than a coincidence.

@KIGMGreg

@DPGMMcClure

@CPGMJohn

But will there be a @CWGMKinzel?

What was that Ouimet said about being more engaging with visitors? More accessible online presence? And this season, Cedar Point will feature never-frozen burgers, an open line of sight down the Millennium midway, and a nighttime light show that (in true Disney styling) is called "Luminosity" that is expected to trickle to other parks as success is proven. And no one could overlook the other "Disney-esque" benefit for people staying onsite, who get into the park a half hour early...

I like it that they are more engaging. I like to be able to point at a picture and say, "Hey, I know who that guy is."

• 1 year later...

An earlier tweet by John Hildebrandt:

"Driving into CP this morning saw 2 beautiful bald eagles flying toward Millennium Force. I hope they enjoy the view."

Hmmm.. both tweets mention views of Millenium Force, one mentions eagles...

GASP!!! Flying Eagles in view of Millenium Force!!

A joke, of course.

Hmm... Is it possible to see Millennium Force from Lake Erie Eagles?

• Like 2

An earlier tweet by John Hildebrandt:

"Driving into CP this morning saw 2 beautiful bald eagles flying toward Millennium Force. I hope they enjoy the view."

Hmmm.. both tweets mention views of Millenium Force, one mentions eagles...

GASP!!! Flying Eagles in view of Millenium Force!!

A joke, of course.

Hmm... Is it possible to see Millennium Force from Lake Erie Eagles?

Kinda... You can vaguely see the turnaround that sits over Dinosaurs Alive, but even that is tough. That midway is a lot busier than it used to be and visibility of other parts of the park has decreased a bit. That said, it's a massive improvement. That midway is awesome.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I am personally a fan of what the top management is doing in the company. 

Besides slow food service, most of the times, I have had the best 30 (or so) days of my life ever with friends, family and myself in this and last season at Kings Island.

Whatever training or incentives they offer to front line employees is working, because they are great.

• Like 5

We have taken multiple day trips to the Point and have had no problem with Food Services on any trips. We ate at a variety of food stands and restaurants which had lines yes but service, speed and attitudes were great. We did not make it to KI this year so I can't speak to that.

I don't have a problem with the food or service per se....the food is a good value and the front line employees are generally upbeat and friendly.  It is the speed of service and the perceived lack of urgency by the back line employees (and sometimes the front line employees) that I have an issue with.

• 3 weeks later...

We are having serious convos about not renewing our meal plans. The price is right but it's not worth it to wait in line for 45 minutes to get 2 cheese coneys...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can use your meal plan on certain items at Reds at KI.

So...what did you decide?

Terp..."people gotta eat..."

We ended up renewing only one meal plan. The thought is that with a little guy it will be worth it to grab food he likes (Chic Fil A) without having to run out to the car or down the street.

It was honestly something we did and wasn't 100% happy about it. It was a well we do have t eat so this is no better than the alternative....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 6 months later...