Soak City Construction Continues

First thing is doesn't anyone feel we need a relaxing river too? Will there be one added in the future? Also the names soon would be nice, I'm sure they have them.

Also when will be the next year for a water park expansion with new slides, without removal of old ones?

Also doesn't anyone else feel the removal of something like the nestea plunge was a mistake?

water coaster longest and best in the world 2013! You could only hope.

Really? Thats all you care about? Its not like the slides in the water park haven`t been renamed once already. So its not like a name of a water slide is that important. I`m just looking forward to amusement parks opening up again. And seeing what changes they do to the water park in terms of sprucing it up. Cedar Fair has done a nice job with Rivertown, and Coney Mall so far.

Removal of the nestea plunge? What was that?

Well, those were removed with the last renovation to the water park. Personally, I never went on the previous incarnation of those water slides...The racing slide (formerly Coolangatta Racers), is a fun water slide.

I still think its ashame that they aren`t adding another water slide or two to the water park. I do think the new pathway connecting back to Snowy River Rampage (the four person family raft ride at the back of the original water park) will be a big improvement.

Guest TombraiderTy

Are you guys talking about Fast Tracks?

1f8pb7.jpg

Regarding westcoaster's question, asking whether FT's removal was a mistake, I'd have to say that it wasn't. Sure, it may have been one of the more thrilling attractions, but its replacement (Coolangatta Racer) looks nicer and is a better family attraction. Plus, I think it requires one less lifeguard to operate, cutting costs for the park.

First thing is doesn't anyone feel we need a relaxing river too?

They need a slow river for sure.

If an "action river" is what I think it is, it can also be relaxing. The comparison that comes to mind is the lazy river at the Fort Rapids indoor waterpark in Columbus, which I've been to a few times. There are water fountains that randomly spray, a long stretch of refilling-dumping-then refilling buckets perched overhead to spontaneously soak you, hanging hoses to grab and spray at one another, etc. Half of it is entirely optional, and the parts that aren't (like the buckets) have "bypass streams" you can take to avoid them entirely. You aren't forced to partake in any of the "action" if you don't want to.

I don't know if KI's will be similar at all, but if I had to guess, I'd say it'll be along the same lines.

Had'nt been to the fort wilderness, done great wolf, the ones up north in sandusky, and the pirate one that is indoor above holiday world, that was not too bad.

I live out in vegas, but try to get in to KI, our park minutes from where our live is suppose to open Memorial day and so much of it seems not even to be started on .

It will be a hawaiin falls, owned park.

But thanks for the action river explanation, the volleyball will be cool too at Kings Island,

Could they ever make the wet side a seperate park, does anyone think that could happen?

Guest TombraiderTy

Regarding the park's log flume being "too wet" because of the elephant/Snoopy, I feel like that's saying Diamondback is "too scary" because of the drop. Just like the drop makes Diamondback scarier (something many people want), the elephant/Snoopy makes the log flume wetter (again, something a lot of people want).

Regarding the park's log flume being "too wet" because of the elephant/Snoopy... the elephant/Snoopy makes the log flume wetter (again, something a lot of people want).

As for squirting Snoopy...on a hot day I say bring it on! My problem is on the chillier days MOST people do not want to get wet...but they like the ride enough to gamble not getting too wet only to have their fate sealed by Snoopy...which on a chilly day/evening is neither fun nor necessary. Call me a wuss if you want...but I feel confidant that I am not alone in my "wussyness". :P

Another scenerio that has played out in my life for the last 4 years is that my young nephews want to ride it no matter what the weather...and I can't say no...so I am the one who leans forward to take the full Snoopy squirt so that they do not have to be cold & wet.

Maybe a good rule of thumb for the park should be is that if the photo booth isn't open (Because it's a chilly low ridership time period.) then Snoopy should also be turned off.

How's the beach doing in Cincy would KI /Cedar Fair ever buy them if they had the opportunity, I do like some of the attractions at the beach.

Will they add some new stuff?

The Beach still seems to be doing quite well, though they don't release sales/attendance figures (at least not that I know of), so it's hard to say. I doubt CF would be interested in the park though - there's a lot more money to be made at KI, and The Beach would go broke if they tried some of the stuff CF has done (overpriced food/lockers, turning the waterpark into more of a concrete jungle, etc.).

As far as adding new stuff, they just opened a new area last year where "Snake River Rapids" was (back corner of the park): http://www.fox19.com/story/14910661/new-attractions-open-wednesday-at-the-beach

So the beach winter event that they had locked up really except competing with the zoo, and a drive thru sharon woods was cancelled because of finances?

That seems like it would make money for them to me atleast.

Will the beach be here in 5 years?

Hope they make it, as i kind of wish Surf Cincinnati would have made it too, even as a night time /Caddy's fun it was interesting.

I know we tried the caddy's / night time water park it was cool, to relax with drinks, and some club atmosphere.

Guest TombraiderTy

...and The Beach would go broke if they tried some of the stuff CF has done (overpriced food/lockers, turning the waterpark into more of a concrete jungle, etc.).

I haven't been to The Beach in a few years, but I distinctly recall food prices on par - if not more inflated - than Kings Island's. I also remember a "Roller Bowler" style game, similar to what KI has, but at four times the cost with smaller prizes. The whole atmosphere reminded me of a cheap fair or carnival, only with a lot more water.

I could be wrong, as I haven't been there in several years either. I just remember that in 2006, when I worked at Dippin Dots, their small Dippin Dots was cheaper than the equivalent size at KI (though at the time, that was also the only size they offered - they started selling three sizes in 2007 as I recall).