Soak City Construction Continues

Absolutely no chance any of those slides make their way to KI.

Why is there no chance? It's the closest place to transport them. At least one.

You can't say that there's "no chance", because we don't have anywhere near enough information to make that call right now. We have no idea what the future holds for The Beach, nor do we know if KI/CF is even interested in the slides. At this point we just know that The Beach won't be opening for this season.

Actually I can pretty confidently say that they will not be purchased by Cedar Fair. I'd be willing to wager pretty heavily on that.

Cedar Fair would be nice, but someone with the wallet, the money and the vision could make a go at it.

Lets hope for the best!!!,

As for the Soak City as the 2nd gated admission area that would really put lots of Season Pass holders up in arms.

It would be difficult to do at this stage in the game.

Absolutely no chance any of those slides make their way to KI.

Why is there no chance? It's the closest place to transport them. At least one.

You can't say that there's "no chance", because we don't have anywhere near enough information to make that call right now. We have no idea what the future holds for The Beach, nor do we know if KI/CF is even interested in the slides. At this point we just know that The Beach won't be opening for this season.

Actually I can pretty confidently say that they will not be purchased by Cedar Fair. I'd be willing to wager pretty heavily on that.

Coming from the same person who said The Crypt WOULD be open this season.

• Like 1

Wyandot wasn't in that bad of shape honestly, but the neighboring Columbus Zoo that owned the land (it was leased to Six Flags for operation, and they pulled out after the 2006 season) wanted to build an all-new waterpark and small dry amusement park of their own, so they auctioned off all the movable waterpark hardware and most of the rides. It's called Zoombezi Bay now.

Pics, more pics, and pics of the auction open-house.

• 3 weeks later...

Wyandot wasn't in that bad of shape honestly, but the neighboring Columbus Zoo that owned the land (it was leased to Six Flags for operation, and they pulled out after the 2006 season) wanted to build an all-new waterpark and small dry amusement park of their own, so they auctioned off all the movable waterpark hardware and most of the rides. It's called Zoombezi Bay now.

I really need to get the Sea-Dragon credit. It's by far the closest roller coaster to where I live, yet I've never taken a ride on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Posted on KI's Facebook page:

537818_10150939365098368_155893938367_12908518_59430960_n.jpg

The new Splash River, currently under construction in Soak City, is an attraction that will entertain and excite the entire family. Whether you are floating along on a tube or standing on a bridge watching people pass by, countless interactive features offer plenty of surprises! Water cannons, spray features, and some white-water rapids take this attraction to the extreme.

If The Crypt moniker is re-used, then I can either see the suffix "Haunted Attraction" added below, or, as a nod to the event's past, the prefix " Curse of" added above.

Either way the wind blows, people are going to be confused regardless due to the fact that the attraction will reside in, and, from what should be expected, use the same set pieces of the former ride itself. I'm pretty sure people were confused when Wolf Pack debuted thinking they were going to ride SBNO after exiting the maze.

Having gone to the park to process my pass yesterday, words can not describe how happy I am to see that most of the old, plain slides are being repainted in bright colors. I noticed that Down Under Thunder (the 4 slides with wooden supports) were being repainted, each in a new color. The water park will be really nice to look at now, it's a welcome addition.

• Like 1

Seeing those photos brings back a lot of memories, used to love that place.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish that KI would do like CP did and make an Adults only area with a hot tub and swim up bar. The best thing about the hot tub at CP is the view of Magnum. Waving at the guests as they go by and them waving back is cool.

• Like 2

I wish that KI would do like CP did and make an Adults only area with a hot tub and swim up bar. The best thing about the hot tub at CP is the view of Magnum. Waving at the guests as they go by and them waving back is cool.

A few of us enjoyed that area of the CP water park last year. That would be a nice addition to SC at KI in the future!

I'd like that, too. I quit the Beach when they made the Pearl all ages. You don't want a warm water attraction and little kids in the same place.

I'd like that, too. I quit the Beach when they made the Pearl all ages. You don't want a warm water attraction and little kids in the same place.

Yeah, I'm not attracted to the warm water areas around kids :)

The new sign is great! The waterpark entrance will be much nicer than it was as BB.

I actually like the old one better, rugged things are more appealing to me, do not know why.