Soak City Construction Continues

At all the Cedar Fair parks with a free attached water park, you'll find them swamped most summer days. Some parks like Michigan's Adventure actively market the water park more than they do the dry park, as though it were a water park with a small family park attached. I'm not a big water park fan anyway, but Boomerang Bay at Kings Island was always way, way too full for me - blankets spread out on every hillside, people trying desperately to find a place to sit, 20 - 40 minute lines for water slides (water slides, mind you - 15 second long experience tops). I think it would benefit tremendously from being a separate gate, but with Gold Passes at rock bottom prices that wouldn't really help, either. And if they did manage to put in place some sort of program to limit water park attendance, who would pay for the unused locker space, the less highly-attended food outlets, etc.?

Wildwater Kingdom in Aurora is hardly ever full to bursting, but there are only two slide complexes in the whole park, plus an action river, a wave pool, and a family water play set. As a local, I would go three or four times a year and just relax in the sun with the free Wifi. It's not a park that I'd travel for, necessarily, but if you're in the area it's a nice half-day reprieve.

• Like 1

On very hot days, I do not want to spend all my time waiting in lines just to ride a water slide. I want to stay in the wave pool and stay cool from the water rather than have the raging sun beat down on my while waiting in lines. As for crowds, expect large crowds on hot, sunny days and especially on weekends. Perfect time to beat the crowds is to go on a cooler day during the week. Expect large crowds on the next major holiday, which is the 4th of July. I say go during the week if you live locally and have a season pass and beat the large crowds.

4th of July could be an interesting holiday crowd wise this year with the 4th itself being on a Wednesday. May reduce the weekend crowds (will be a split of which weekend people travel, and may limit travel for those who can't make a long weekend out of it).

• 2 weeks later...

Wildwater Kingdom in Aurora is hardly ever full to bursting, but there are only two slide complexes in the whole park, plus an action river, a wave pool, and a family water play set. As a local, I would go three or four times a year and just relax in the sun with the free Wifi. It's not a park that I'd travel for, necessarily, but if you're in the area it's a nice half-day reprieve.

Wildwater Kingdom does get very crowded though. Every time I go, it's pretty crowded. I could see it getting expanded sometime in the next couple years.

I love Geauga Lake (went there once--remember lapping the Big Dipper with my older sister). I hope Ouimet sees how small yet crowded the park gets and sees the value in it, hopefully to make a big expansion (bigger than what we saw). Hopefully they get a few new slide complexes, another wave pool, etc in coming years.

• 3 weeks later...

I kinds wish that they moved Invertigo over to Soak City because of its color scheme because it matches nothing over in the Action Zone. Unless the rumors are true and the Action Zone is goine to under go rehab.

You are suggesting a dry ride be moved to the waterpark, all because of its color?

• Like 3

Was this ideal of moving it to Soak City made only because it was repainted? It was the exact same ride before it was repainted from its former colors but now it would be a better fit because it would blend in to the water at SC? What if they repainted The Racer aqua marine and blue, would it be a perfect it over at Soak City? Think of all the money it would cost to move a ride to another location of the park for any reason.