Soak City Construction Continues

I hope at least in the years to come we get a water coaster. Also for the dry ride idea, too little space, too much money, im just glad there's no "games" to play like the Knotts Soak City.

I repeat. Never wanted it to really happen. Just thought it would look cool. it would be stupid to actually put a thrill ride in a water park.

Oh, so what about Zoom Flume? Or Mondo Monsoon? The moon wouldn't be swooning if Invertigo were were to be moving.

^To illuminate the pathways? If it's not broken, why fix it?

And I don't think Congo Falls stuck out too bad when "Action Zone" was rolled out. It had the Congo movie poster right by it and the tropical plants and such and kind of made sense. I think it fit a theme much better than Drop Zone or Face Off did. When that area debuted, granted I was pretty young, I had no idea they were "themed" after action movies. I eventually saw both films and then realized why I had never heard of them.

Oh, so is it a maintenence path or a pathway to Timberwolf? Also, I've never heard of Congo (the movie).

As a side note, why would Paramount "theme" a ride to something that nobody's heard of?

Congo was quite a big movie when it came out in the 90's. It was right after Jurassic Park and it was the next sort of Action/Sci-Fi movie to be based on a Michael Crichton novel. I think the film makers had high hopes for this movie, probably expecting it to be as successful as Jurassic Park. However, it was not. That's probably why some people haven't even heard of it. I've seen it a few times, not a bad movie, not a good movie lol.

When that area debuted, granted I was pretty young, I had no idea they were "themed" after action movies. I eventually saw both films and then realized why I had never heard of them.

Same here. Drop Zone, FACE/OFF, and Congo work far better as ride names than they do as films...

^Haha, yeah, the names "worked," but the "theme" didn't really. Aside from a few movie posters in the area, nothing really tied the rides to these dismal action films. Although, I do remember the first time I rode Drop Zone there used to be an automated spiel where some guy claiming to be the "director" of Drop Zone gave you the riding instructions under the guise of "filming the tower scene for Drop Zone."

Oh, so is it a maintenence path or a pathway to Timberwolf? Also, I've never heard of Congo (the movie).

As a side note, why would Paramount "theme" a ride to something that nobody's heard of?

You can see them on the regular pathway to Timberwolf when you enter the venue under Congo Falls to the right of Invertigo's entrance.

I would hardly say that the roller coaster FACE/OFF was in any way themed to the movie of the same name. Same with Drop Zone, Days of Thunder, etc. The movie posters in the plaza were the only indication that the movies existed to begin with. I think it was 30% a clever way to market the company's films and 70% just good use of the titles they had in their portfolio. "Drop Zone" was just a good name for a Drop Tower and they had the exclusive rights to use it, so why not? "FACE/OFF" made sense with the face-to-face seating, Top Gun had the aviation feel, and Days of Thunder was about racing, just like the film.

I would hardly say that the roller coaster FACE/OFF was in any way themed to the movie of the same name. Same with Drop Zone, Days of Thunder, etc. The movie posters in the plaza were the only indication that the movies existed to begin with. I think it was 30% a clever way to market the company's films and 70% just good use of the titles they had in their portfolio. "Drop Zone" was just a good name for a Drop Tower and they had the exclusive rights to use it, so why not? "FACE/OFF" made sense with the face-to-face seating, Top Gun had the aviation feel, and Days of Thunder was about racing, just like the film.

Face off was a movie about a guy who takes changes his face and drop zone was about a guy standing on top of a building.

No matter how many people may complain that the dry park hasn't gotten a HUGE MONDO THRILL MACHINE!!!!!!, Soak City is really due for a new water slide. When was the last time they got a slide, 2004? When was the last time we got an attraction in the dry park? 2011? 1 year versus 8 years [for a waterslide].

I'd be happy to see Soak City get a couple more water slides in the coming years. Let's hope it's that.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

No matter how many people may complain that the dry park hasn't gotten a HUGE MONDO THRILL MACHINE!!!!!!, Soak City is really due for a new water slide. When was the last time they got a slide, 2004? When was the last time we got an attraction in the dry park? 2011? 1 year versus 8 years [for a waterslide].

I'd be happy to see Soak City get a couple more water slides in the coming years. Let's hope it's that.

I do think that Kings Island is in need of some new waterslides but I also think they are in need of a new "Thrill Machine".

• Like 1

I do think that Kings Island is in need of some new waterslides but I also think they are in need of a new "Thrill Machine".

Exactly what I thought.

• Like 1

Um... Diamondback. 2009.

Um... Coolangatta Racer and Tasmanian Typhoon... 2004? Do the math.

I like your BB lingo! :D

On another note I was expecting a new hydro coaster (something like platypus run) in the area of the new wavepool.