Soak City Construction Continues

Well, that's what they were called when constructed, no?

Yes.

What I was meaning was that its great to see people say BB names again, I'm sure I will hear more on my Carowinds trip!

• Like 1

Yes.

What I was meaning was that its great to see people say BB names again, I'm sure I will hear more on my Carowinds trip!

I also liked Boomerang Bay and saw no need for an expansion to the waterpark but Everything at Kings Island changes one day.

• Like 1

Yes.

I also liked Boomerang Bay and saw no need for an expansion to the waterpark but Everything at Kings Island changes one day.

You sir made my day!

• Like 1

I never really thought about that! In essence, it's the same waterpark, just without the laziness of the lazy river, the faded slides, and the faded fiberglass animals. Don't forget, Rendezvous Run and Mondo Monsoon have [new names and] the old Boomerang Bay paintjobs (I wish they got new paint... :( )

There isn't a need to delete this thread. Why don't we delete every thread prior to 2006, because that was Paramount and it doesn't matter anymore?

Maybe we should keep this thread open, because people still have an interest in reading it? Also, years from now, someone may want to come back to this thread because you can see pictures and great ideas (not the one above). One more thing, how about we delete all the construction pictures from the photo gallery because "construction has already been completed"?

• Like 5

I honestly could never understand why some people despise Soak City. It's the same park, all they did was spruce up the bland themeing, change the names of the slides, and add a few more things...... Oh and change the name of the park itself.

• Like 5

Why did you enjoy Boomerang Bay so much?

Its because it was a new idea for the waterpark industry. Look at all the waterparks around the world, all of them have themes like wild west, tropical, medieval, etc, Boomerang Bay was the first of the Australian themes in the US. It had a great motion picture to go along with it, which I believe that BB was better than the CF era. I personally like australian themed things, I like many places that are themed like australia, like Outback (Great food+great decor), and BB (just great). It had that certain ring that I like, it wasnt too over whelming, and it was not too under decorated. When it first opened, I knew I would love it, which I did it was a great theme with great ideas/colors added into it, upon which you could tell what theme it is (Unlike SC where it looks like Miami, but also like the carribean islands). Its like that love for coasters you have CoasterGeek, its just a passion that some gain with certain things.

EDIT: Also I really dont like the whole "beach bum" feel/talk that I hear at SC.

I'd rather it look like Miami than a faded, depressing version of Australia......

Well lets take it to another point BB begining was a great themed area, with more than what we had last year, with new slides. SC has no relative theme, with a new wavepool, but less walking space. Taking all of that into consideration, lets talk about last year to this year.

BB- More walking space, a bit of older looking style, great theme

SC-Less walking space, a bit newer, but with less theme, new wavepool

All in all its a give give situation, being on the "Renovate it" side (which it would be now "Return it!"), I understand that it was a bit outdated, but a touch of paint could work, with the new wavepool (See Carowinds).

• Like 1

And that's how Paramount was with themeing. I will agree with you that the water park is a pain to navigate through and they didn't have to remove the Australian themeing. But the atmosphere has greatly improved. With the band playing, volley ball courts, cabanas, and architecture style you feel like your at a beach, a feeling you didn't get at BB. There were pluses and negatives to the renovation. There are still a lot of things that could be improved, but refreshing the whole area was a great start. You like BB better and I like SC better. Those are our opinions. Neither is right or wrong. I'm not trying to tell you that BB was a terrible water park and that you can't like it. I'm just stating my opinions. And like I said in the post above, when two people have different opinions they are going to clash.

We're not arguing, we're debating. We are different people with different opinions that are clashing together. If you don't like it then why did you join a forum in the first place?

Everyone on here picks on BB1 constantly about his love for Boomerang Bay. I'm not telling you to stop debating about your opinion. But you can stop picking on BB1 now, it's going to be OK.

• Like 3

To tell you the truth, I see it as different discussions about certain dislikes and likes, not "picking on" upon which if anyone does/is doing that, you are very childish. Like Titan said, its a debate, its a forum which persons like I talk about opinions and ideas.

• Like 1

I'd rather it look like Miami than a faded, depressing version of Australia......

All it needed was some sprucing up and it would have been back to 100% Aussie style. I loved the theme of Boomerang Bay and I'll always miss it... Just like when we had Hannah barberra land and scooby doo

• Like 2

(my first mobile post!) I actualy thought Bomerang Bay's naming of the park was really cooll. I thought Bomerang Bay's naming was creative. Unlike Soak City, it sounds like they went withvthe first name they came up with. Dont get me wrong, I love the upgrades that came with Soak City, i just wish that they could of camevup with somthing better.

• Like 1

^^ I agree, but it doesn't really matter what it's called at the end of the day. At least it can't be taken out of context.

My only complaint with the new water park is mainly how instead of adding a new path, they basically just moved one. (not literally)

The path by the old lazy river entrance is blocked off and now if I'm in that corner of the park, it's just a little bit of a nuisance to get to the back end of the water park.

• 3 weeks later...

(my first mobile post!) I actualy thought Bomerang Bay's naming of the park was really cooll. I thought Bomerang Bay's naming was creative. Unlike Soak City, it sounds like they went withvthe first name they came up with. Dont get me wrong, I love the upgrades that came with Soak City, i just wish that they could of camevup with somthing better.

I don't really like the name Soak City because you can go up to Cedar Point and see it, Also if you go to California to a place called Knotts Berry Farm, They too, have Soak City. I actually like the name Water-Works better than Boomerang Bay and Soak City....

• Like 1

I personally like the Boomerang Bay theme better than Soak City. BB was no Disney park, but it has a good little theme going on. Soak City still is "themed", but its just a beach theme. Obviously the new paint, wave pool, entrance, and lazy river are great additions to the park, I just like the old name better. I would much rather have Soak City 2012 than Boomerang Bay 2011 though.

• Like 2