Soak City Construction Continues

The old entrance was basically a hole in the fence. You prefer that to the new Soak City entrance?

Yeah! The cut outs, the board panneling, the old wooden paddles, all of it appealed to me, BB1 whom likes the old, not the new.

Has anyone been through the waterpark to talk about the locker situation? In the pictures, I'm seeing not locker one, much less the army of working lockers I specifically requested.

(Still mourning the loss of my neon green Kenneth Cole backpack, and the contents therein.)

The lockers in Soak City are the brand new electronic lockers that were put in the dry park. Lockers are $12 small, $15 medium, or $21 large. There's no deposit because there's no key to lose; you enter a code on a keypad instead to open the locker.

The lockers in Soak City are the brand new electronic lockers that were put in the dry park. Lockers are $12 small, $15 medium, or $21 large. There's no deposit because there's no key to lose; you enter a code on a keypad instead to open the locker.

Oh Thank you, I did get what I wanted! So Cool. St. Ouimet heard my prayer.

Oh Thank you, I did get what I wanted! So Cool. St. Ouimet heard my prayer.

Wait, the CEO is now a saint? I know he's doing a lot of good things for KI and CF overall, but methinks that just might be a tad over the top. :)

Would it kill them to have free lockers?

Like the free tubes in Tidal Wave Bay that people have been complaining about?

Can you take those tubes on the tube slides?

No, i actually saw a lifegaurd moving a tube from the other side of BB to the TWB(aka new bathroom!)

Isn't admission to Soak City free? Sure the locker prices are obnoxious, but if people are paying that and they're near capacity, the park seems like an intelligent business to me.

Let's not forget at parks like Cedar Point, Soak City is $32.99 in addition to the $51.99 admission.

Plus Cedar Point is constantly trying out dynamic pricing models: "Ride 'n' Slide 2-Day Ticket,' for example. A way to keep people in the area and reduce the crowding at one gate or another at one time or another... Not a bad idea, really...

At Cedar Point, there is no Gold Pass. Only regular and Platinum. The trumpeted benefits of the Platinum Pass are Soak City, Parking, and exclusive ride nights, not visits to any and all Cedar Fair parks the way it's advertised elsewhere (why would you care to go anywhere else if you're already at the flagship park, after all?)

I know, but you get my point. With the numbers of people reported on each side of the park, I think KI could easily charge separate gates.

Speaking of which... I have a Platinum Pass, so the separate gates of the water parks within the chain makes no difference to me. I really wanted to visit KI's new Soak City, but I've heard that it's pretty much always ridiculously swamped with people. The friends that would be going with me hate waiting in lines and crowds. With historical crowds countered with the expansion, should Soak City still be skipped in favor of another Cedar Fair water park like Wild Water Kingdom, Michigan's Adventure, Cedar Point's Soak City, Canada's Wonderland, etc.? Basically, I'm wanting to visit a Cedar Fair water park, comparable to KI's, without excessive crowds. Any recommendations?

Flagship park was Kings Island I thought they were meeting in Charlotte at old headquarters?

Is there something going on at Kings Island? Major 41st year expansion plans?

The old headquarters is gone.

The Paramount Parks leadership said the flagship was Carowinds. When Tim Fisher was GM at KI he was promoted to Carowinds. That locals liked to think Kings Island was the flagship under Paramount Parks does not make it so. It wasn't.