Classic KI Pics

rcs

I'm glad you like the photo. I wish both signs were clearly in the shot. I guess mom was more concerned about getting the Banana Split guy in the shot. lol

Your right, it doesn't really look like Hokey Wolf on that sign, Maybe someone else can come along and clear that up for us. And who in the heck is Blabber Mouse? Thats another H-B character I have never heard of.

1.jpg

Here is Blabber Mouse who's the sidekick of Super Snoop

I feel like slapping myself in the forehead! Of course I know who Blabber Mouse is! I now remember seeing alot of those Super Snoop cartoons as a kid. It took that picture to jog my memory. Thanks for posting it!

And who in the heck is Blabber Mouse? Thats another H-B character I have never heard of.

He was in the short 5 minute type cartoons. I have such fond memories of watching tons of Hanna-Barbera cartoons on WTTV back in the day.

Kids of today really missed out not being able to sit down every day to watch cartoons with a host who introduced the cartoons...read letters from the viewers...

My favorite was Cowboy Bob at lunch-time...there was also Janie in the mornings before school.

Good times. (Which I am guessing Avatar, IndyGuy4KI 7 many others on here can attest too.)

Growing up, I watched Mr. Cartoon on WSAZ out of Huntington, WV. I don't think he showed any H-B cartoons. I remember seeing lot of Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig, Popeye, and Mighty Mouse on his show. Fond memories.

I grew up in Huntington too. I now live across the river in Proctorville. I loved Mr. Cartoon. My uncle, who owns Magic Makers Costumes, remade "Beeper" costume, when it needed updating. For those who do not know, Beeper was a mascot character in the vain of the Banana Splits. I wish I had a photo to share.

Here is a pic of Mr. Cartoon and Beeper.

wsaz_watn_jule_mrcartoon_01.jpg

Mr. Cartoon was also the weatherman on WSAZ, Jule Huffman. Sadly, he passed away several years ago.

rcs, this is by FAR my favorite photo that you have posted so far! What a great shot! :)

I have never been able to remember all of the old Hanna-Barbera parking lot names. Looking at your picture I tried to figure them all out...the ones is yellow were either a guess, or some that I wasn't 100% positive were right. Anyone out there want to verify or correct any of the yellow ones? The toughest one for me was the second one down on the left. It appears to me that the second word starts with a "W". I google'd a list of HB characters...the only 2 that had a capitol W in the second word were Hokey Wolf & Ding-A-Ling Wolf. My problem that I have with my guess is that in your photo, the word preceeding the capitol W word does not look like it ends in either a "y" or a "g"...anyone know what the answer(s) are?

spli.jpg

Thanks again for the photos!

It was Winnie Witch. ( P.S.-I remember parking in the Penelope Pitstop section.)

Here is a pic of Mr. Cartoon and Beeper.

wsaz_watn_jule_mrcartoon_01.jpg

Mr. Cartoon was also the weatherman on WSAZ, Jule Huffman. Sadly, he passed away several years ago.

I grew up in Chesapeke, Ohio and watched Mr. Cartoon daily. My sister and I appeared on the show in the spring of 1987. Where did you hear that Jule had passed? There are no records stating that he had died and I even searched the Herald Dispatch obituaries and it yielded no results. I read an article about his reflections as one of the last children show hosts just a year or so back.

~Josh

Jule's wife died last May. As far as I know, he's still alive.

http://www.wsaz.com/...storyid=9069941

The announcer who played the original Mr. Cartoon at WSAZ, George Lewis, recently died. Perhaps that is what he heard.

http://www.highbeam....2-18976816.html

You are correct, my mistake. I remember hearing several years ago that Mr. Cartoon had died and I had no idea that there was someone else who played the role before Mr. Huffman. Thanks for the info.

Awesome pics. Regarding the puppet tree from a few days ago, is that the one that's now at Jungle Jim's in the British food section?

The puppet tree was moved to a private home. When the homeowner moved, the tree was left behind and the new homeowners took it out and had it scrapped. Here's a link of that shows photos of it being moved from the park to the home: http://www.puppethub...ngs-island-tree