What's the funniest thing you've ever seen at Pki?

Columbus coasternut

Hmmm didn't know it was illegal. I know they ask you not to take pictures on rides but I always thought that was for safety reasons.

According to Ohio law (ORC section 1711.551 to be exact), it is illegal to disobey a posted saftey warning on a ride. On just about every ride, there is a posted saftey warning saying not to take pictures on it. The saftey warnings are on the "Fun and Saftey Guidelines" posted at the enteraces and exits to the rides, as is the law stating that it is a crime to violate them.

And even if it wasn't, I'm not a lawyer, but I could see someone being charged with some sort of negligent injury crime if a person with a camera dropped it and it hit someone.

Isnt really counted as seeing but wow did i hear one for the books today, 2 girls, teenagers (13- 15 at most) were walking towards SOB. I was at greeter, and all of a sudden i hear one say to the other " Is this the line for the go carts?" I was like Oh my god..... they just so dissed my ride ( sorry sparky). Who actually thinks SOB is go carts?????

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

lol earlier this year, we were by Delirium, and it was running its cycle. all the sudden, we see this ping pong ball fly off the ride, hit the festhaus, and roll along the pathway till it stopped rolling in the middle. it was great. i picked up the ping pong ball cause i wanted it, odlly enough it had no scratches or dents on it whatsoever...

Wow.

This is an old topic!

I wasn't there to actually see it, but, the funniest thing would have to be when the couple got busted for doing a sexual act in the photo booth.

They were caught because the screen on the outside of the booth was showing everything they were doing on the inside, and they didn't know they were giving a show.

I'm sure someone can find the story somewhere.

EDIT: Found it! http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2000/08/1...verexposed.html

• Like 1

I know this topic is old but I feel the need to share this.

In probably 1997 (I am guessing, I know I was in junior high), I was in line for The Racer, when an elderly man walked throught the queues, took off his clothes (all of his clothes) and hung them on the rails for the queues. I was probably 11 or 12 when this happened and I was like "That old man is naked!" I rode the ride, the man was still there, naked, and by the time I was getting off the ride security was showing up saying "Sir, you have to wear your clothes" That old man did not see a problem with being naked, and he seemed quite mad that he needed to put his clothes back on. LOL!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
I wasn't working but on Gay Pride Night a "women" ;) lost her "boob" (fake) while riding Son of Beast but caught it and was holding it up yelling that she "caught her boob!" when "she" cam back into the station.

That reminds me of an incident on senior day in marching band ... some of the girls thought it would be funny to stuff their bras with water balloons before we went out to breakfast. In the middle of eating (this was at Bob Evan's), someone suddenly starts screaming "OH MY GOD MY BOOB JUST POPPED."

I almost passed out from laughing so hard.

• Like 1

one of the funniest things i seen at KI was walkin up to Invetigo(face/off) entrance and i was watching a train coming into the cobra roll, Someone on the ride had a full bottle of pop threw it @ the peak b4 it rolls and it flew over into the water of Congo Falls.

That is against KI policy, you will be thrown out for that.

I also remember being on Delirium during fearfest, and the guy next to me(stranger) had a hand full of pennys and launched them @ the peak by the festhaus.

That is against KI policy, you will be thrown out for that.

I hope for Saftey's sake that You did something about these people!

OK,

Last year, I was over in "kiddie" land putting my 4 year old on the bumper cars. Well this other kid that was a bit "pudgy" to put it nicely, was also getting on. The safety restraints on this ride is simply a cloth band that you slide down over your head and arms, leting it hold you around the chest area.Well, this little dude tried to put it over one arm, and under the other, kind of like a real car seatbelt. So here he is.....stuck.....crying at first, then screaming. He has his head tilted over to one side, pinned, and arm straight up in the air, flailing it around like crazy. Now, don't think I'm heartless. I felt so sorry for this kid. But, when the ride ops FINALLY came over to help him out, his mom was standing outside the railing yelling at them... "Just rub some butter on him, he'll come out!!!"

That got everyone laughing, including the kid. He got rescued, and enjoyed the ride. I'm sure he'll never forget his trip to Kings Island though.!!!

• Like 1

OK,

Last year, I was over in "kiddie" land putting my 4 year old on the bumper cars. Well this other kid that was a bit "pudgy" to put it nicely, was also getting on. The safety restraints on this ride is simply a cloth band that you slide down over your head and arms, leting it hold you around the chest area.Well, this little dude tried to put it over one arm, and under the other, kind of like a real car seatbelt. So here he is.....stuck.....crying at first, then screaming. He has his head tilted over to one side, pinned, and arm straight up in the air, flailing it around like crazy. Now, don't think I'm heartless. I felt so sorry for this kid. But, when the ride ops FINALLY came over to help him out, his mom was standing outside the railing yelling at them... "Just rub some butter on him, he'll come out!!!"

That got everyone laughing, including the kid. He got rescued, and enjoyed the ride. I'm sure he'll never forget his trip to Kings Island though.!!!

haha I worked there this year and it is funny how some kids try to put those things on before you get over to them. They only place one person at that ride so it takes a while to get to everyone. It is so funny to watch the kids get stuck and just stay in one spot or go around in a circle because they turned their wheel too much and have no idea what I'm saying when I say into the microphone "If you get stuck turn your wheel in a big circle!". I had to chuckle to myself.

• 4 weeks later...

i had mentioned before to numurous people that i am missing some teeth, well i have a partial, but i dont were it do to fear of loosing them on a ride. anyway what i have left makes me look like a vampire and i went to the haunt dressed in black from head to toe and i would walk thru the fog machines to see if i could scare anyone. suprisingly their were tons of people who didnt know weather i was an employee or a guest and it was funny to watch people react :P

• 7 years later...

I think the funniest thing I've ever witnessed was a couple of summers ago with my dad. We were against the railing closest to the ride while queuing for Drop Tower. We were watching it come down and as the ride slowed down at the breaks, a big black hairy thing fell from what looked like the sky. I initially thought it was a larger bird but once the ride stopped, we noticed a woman who had a cap like thing covering her real hair. She rushed over to what I finally realized was a wig. She dusted it off and put it back on her head and walked out of the ride. Definitely the funniest thing my dad and I had ever witnessed at the park.

• Like 5