What's the funniest thing you've ever seen at Pki?

Columbus coasternut

- I was working greeter at Delirium this past Saturday, and I had a guest who was most likely in their 30s or so. She stepped on the height scale and said jokingly, "You sure I'm tall enough?". So I had her do the whole lineup thing (Feet together, stand up straight, head forward), and I might have laughed for a good 4 or 5 minutes. For those who were wondering, yes she was tall enough.

something like that happened to me yesterday, too. This guy comes up, and asks how tall the tallest person can be to still ride, and I told him to stand against the pole where the red tape is on the top, and he is at least two feet shorter than that red tape. I told him that he could ride. As soon as I said that, he got up on his toes, and stood against it, and asked,"how about now"? He was still at least a foot and a half shorter than the height limit.

Actually, not only would you be kicked out of the park for throwing objects off of Drop Zone, but according to Ohio Law, you could be arrested and charged with a misdameanor for throwing objects off of any ride. Part of the Ohio Revised Code dealing with rider safe conduct.

At Coney last year, we fished a radio out of Lake Como with a net when we were looking for glasses that someone dropped into the lake. We never found the glasses but we did find a radio, which I believe still worked, despite being submerged in four feet of muddy, gasoline filled stinky water.

I know that he probably did not throw a pop can off the tower. That is one reason why I believe they used to (I don`t recall them doing this the last time I rode) tell all riders to put their hands up, palms out when the operators check their bars so that they can check to make sure they don`t have any objects to throw off of the ride on the way up or down.

You guys have a point. If it actually happened, someone here would have known about it. AND, if a penny falling from Slingshot can break open someone's head, then a full popcan can kill someone instantly(and explode on impact).

Not so. Watch the episode of Mythbusters on Discovery Channel about that very saying. They threw pennies off the Empire State Building, and it didn't crack any cement. So how could a penny crack someone's head open? tongue.gif

Now a popcan... I dunno about that... unsure.gif

~S~

Are you sure he's lying. I'm sure waldo seat strapper for drop zone going to go running to his or her supervisor and say it's raining pop cans from drop zone . So the super can say didnt you give them the standard body cavity search for pop cans, Then your fired speach. Those kids strap people in so much they probably do it in their sleep. I think anything like that is possible and some bodys going to try because he or she is a graduate of the waldo billy bob school of idiots.

what's to stop somebody from throwing something off the effel tower surely not the new paint job or the 4 inch gap in the bars.

What stops people from throwing stuff off of the Eiffel Tower is not the bars, although they do prevent the larger objects from being thrown. What stops people is the reminder in the elevator that dropping objects off of the tower is illegal. Additionally, there is signage on the top that reminds guests not to toss anything from the tower. If that was not enough, there is an operator stationed at the top who is in charge of walking around the platform to make sure that the guests are behaving and following the rules. While there is still a chance for someone to break the law, there, hopefully is enough of a deterrent in place to prevent them from doing so.

Are you sure he's lying. I'm sure waldo seat strapper for drop zone going to go running to his or her supervisor and say it's raining pop cans from drop zone . So the super can say didnt you give them the standard body cavity search for pop cans, Then your fired speach. Those kids strap people in so much they probably do it in their sleep. I think anything like that is possible and some bodys going to try because he or she is a graduate of the waldo billy bob school of idiots.

what's to stop somebody from throwing something off the effel tower surely not the new paint job or the 4 inch gap in the bars.

O........pain...........cant........understand..........WHAT YOUR SAYING.

OK Yogi just like Boo Boo talks to you.

Not every infraction in the park is reported to a supervisor.

And the workers are straping so many people in the seats their going to get

tired of looking for throwable objects, and let someting like a popcan slip by.

Now say the guy that claim to have thrown the can , does get it by the attendent

and drops it from 300ft up. do you think Mr or Miss attendent going to run to her suppervisor saying I didn't check for objects.

I understand there's signs saying don't throw object's from the tower.

there's signs on the highway saying the speed limit 55 mph but everybody out there's doing 90 mph. the tower has one attendent up there from what I've seen

and there's 4 sides to the top, at best they can see 2 sides standing at a corner.

the bar slots or anything bigger than mesh is going to let somebody to drop something off the tower. so how would you remendy the situation.

sorry yogi I get a little colorful somtimes .