What's the funniest thing you've ever seen at Pki?

Columbus coasternut

I work metal detection, and grad nite, a guy was comming through my line and told me he might set it off, and his answer when i asked him why, he says "because i have a bullet in me," and proceeds to lift up his shirt and show me the scar where they did surgury on him.

LOL laugh.gif What are the odds of that happening. Did he tell you anything else about it and did he set them off.

I work metal detection, and grad nite, a guy was comming through my line and told me he might set it off, and his answer when i asked him why, he says "because i have a bullet in me," and proceeds to lift up his shirt and show me the scar where they did surgury on him.

I have a large metal implant running down the back of my right hand, I've never set it off. Did he?

A short conversation when I was checking restraints on Dodgems:

*me walking by*

Kid: Squish, Squish!!

Me: What did you say?

Kid: Squish, Squish!

Me: Okay...

Kid: I'm going to make this car go backwards and squish you! *Laughs meniacally*

Different kid at different time: Have you guys ever had a hit and run here?

Me: No.

Kid2: Because I'm going to hit you and run you over when I get this car going.

Kid #1: Isn't Beast the biggest coaster?

Kid #2: Well yeah it's the longest actual wood one.

Kid #1: Oh I thought it was tallest. What's the tallest steel?

Kid #2: That one there, [points to Vortex] Vortex.

i dont get it dry.gif

lets see here... so many things i could say... so few are appropriate...

well one day i broke choo.... if anyone knows what ride that is... well to break it is bad enough...

also i was in school one day and my teacher was absent and later when i went back to work my supervisor who is a graduate of my school said he was on my ride...

watching people as they watch scooters when there are ACErs on it and how they get all mad at us for letting the people snap the cables...

side tracking The Beast and when i went to stop it before it got to the end of the track puting the train away Bub pulled me away and said to let it hit... that thing made the lil side track shack like no other...

also me and a few other people were putting trains on and we almost pushed a train off the track... Josh and John(trtr) who were supervising almost died when they saw what happened... we stoped 3 inches from the edge of the track...

UntamedBeast, what are you talking about? I caught something about The Beast and the Eagles in your post, but I didn`t catch much else. Try using some grammer and avoid run on sentences, becuase I have no idea what you are trying to say (something about a train almost coming off on The Beast?)

lol... It's like Boomhauer (sp?) from King of the Hill. Please read over your posts so we can all hear what you've had to say!

Oh yeah, funny story. A couple of weeks ago, a bunch of us PKICers were in line for the Eagles and a little kid behind us kept rambling off random Price is Right lines... something like "What could he win, Roy? A new car!! Is the number 6? Nooo! Sorry, see you at the showcase showdown!"

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to my friend and I ran inro this huge lady and really thought she was going to explode because her face was so red it looked like someone painted it.

There was this other time when a man was just scratching himself and my friend said got an itch and the man said yes want to scratch it.

Hey guys, employees- remember to be careful about what you say on here. Also, please don't use the signals the park uses, if the managers see it, then can, and possibly will write people up....I've seen it done in years past.

I, too have Titanium rods in my back. I wonder if I'll set off the metal detectors? I'll find out next Monday when I'm there.

I have another one. (this one happened today, too).

I was doing unload at SDATHC when this kid yells to his dad,

"Oooh, look, another villain!" , then begins to shoot at me.

The dad leaned over to his son and said, "I don't think you can get extra points for shooting the ride attendant, here, let me try..."

then he shot at me.

Of course, as anyone who has ridden the ride knows, no harm was done.

(that ride was extremely fun to work, just to let u guys know)

Well hmmm, there was the time I went to KI with my Girl Scout troop back in August of 1992 and a friend of mine decided to bring her NKOTB bookbag full of NKOTB pictures and posters and toss it off The Racer as we were headed down the first hill. Luckily she was sitting on the left so she chucked it were she couldn't have hit anyone, but it was still stupid on her part.

I went to KI once with my best friend back in 1993, and we rode The Racer 8 times in a row and once there was a couple who made out the entire ride.

I just went to KI yesterday with my brother and we decided to take a disposable camera to get some pics. Well we decided to be dorks and take pictures of ourselves on the rides. They turned out GREAT! My brother took an excellent shot of himself on The Beast as we were going through the tunnels. If I can get my scanner to work I'll post them here. When we were waiting in line for The Beast there was this guy behind us telling the people they were with how they have redid the layout of The Beast 5 times since it opened because so many people didn't like it. He said the last time they redid it was back in 2002. My brother and I just burst out laughing.

My brother used to be all about posing for the ride photos but yesterday he refused to. He was telling me how PKI is in cohoots with the government to sell the ride photos to the CIA and FBI. The funny part was he was so serious. (He's 18 BTW)

Well hmmm, there was the time I went to KI with my Girl Scout troop back in August of 1992 and a friend of mine decided to bring her NKOTB bookbag full of NKOTB pictures and posters and toss it off The Racer as we were headed down the first hill. Luckily she was sitting on the left so she chucked it were she couldn't have hit anyone, but it was still stupid on her part.

I just went to KI yesterday with my brother and we decided to take a disposable camera to get some pics. Well we decided to be dorks and take pictures of ourselves on the rides. They turned out GREAT! My brother took an excellent shot of himself on The Beast as we were going through the tunnels. If I can get my scanner to work I'll post them here.

That's illegal, so I would advise not posting them here, and also probably not do that anymore since you're being just as stupid as that Girl Scout friend of yours (well actually not quite but you catch my drift).

Hmmm didn't know it was illegal. I know they ask you not to take pictures on rides but I always thought that was for safety reasons. What about the pictures I took while we were riding the bumper cars and antique cars? Are those safe to post? If not I will just post the pictures we took with Patrick and the Fairly Odd Parents.

Here is a kind of gross one for the books. I think it was Thursday I had a double shift and some kid I was talking to while he was in line said he just came back from Festhaus and he had eaten lunch etc. I said are you sure you can hold all that down? He was like "Yea I'll be fine I haven't ever gotten sick and I have been here, Cedar Point, and alot of other parks and i have rode on a full stomach and never got sick" I was like all rightie have fun. Well he rides, train leaves, other train comes in, we check bars, we send it. Train with the kid comes into the brakes before the station... as the train was pulling in to the station I see him lean out of the car and hurl up everything that he just mentioned eating, he gets out of the train checks himself for vomit and then checks the car to point out if we have to clean up anything and says "Well I guess there's a first time for everything, have a nice day" as he then shouted to his buddies "Hey guys lets go do delerium!!!!"Sprayed the wood part of the station, sprayed the car, sent it out to dry, wiped it down, and we were good to go. I think that was my grossest experiance yet...

Here is another good one though... i had to pull out a guys fake foot on SOB because it got stuck in the car. Im sorry you had from your knee down cut off whoever you were but I think it was funny that he was saying "Pull as hard as you want, it wont hurt, it aint real!!!!"

Here is another good one though... i had to pull out a guys fake foot on SOB because it got stuck in the car. Im sorry you had from your knee down cut off whoever you were but I think it was funny that he was saying "Pull as hard as you want, it wont hurt, it aint real!!!!"

That sounds like something else but i ain't going there.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, employees- remember to be careful about what you say on here. Also, please don't use the signals the park uses, if the managers see it, then can, and possibly will write people up....I've seen it done in years past.

Yeah I know sorry. The thing is, I'm not an employee and I know what it means. I looked up the codes on the Internet one time and saved them somewhere just for reference. The site is no longer up, and I don't think they're on the internet anywhere anymore. And I think it was posted on here one time in a thread titled "Signs you know you've been working at PKI for too long" or something like that I can't remember.