2012 KI Gay Pride Info!

Cody

snapshot4d.png

Tickets:

staricon.pngBuy Your 2012 Pride Tickets here!staricon.pngOnly $40!

SEASON PASSES WILL NOT GRANT YOU ENTRY FOR THE EVENT, YOU DO NEED TO PURCHASE A PRIDE TICKET TO GAIN ENTRY TO THE PARK. Also discount coupons will not work for this event.

Private event:

Closed to the general public(This really means closed for people who do not support GLBT community, All ages are welcome but Snoopy part of KI & Water Park will be closed.)

This will be our 16th year of celebrating Gay Pride at King Island!!

Last year, we had just about 3,000 people(record is 3,400) Lets get some more people this year!

This is a great night to come out and have fun!

Ride waiting times are short!

Live Dj music is streamed throughout the park!

Even if you're not gay you can still come out and support and celebrate pride!

Also there is no age limit for this event.

*Any post that reflect a negative outlook or response for this event or towards homosexuals, will be removed*

*simple if you don't like what I'm posting, don't reply*

Also, Any questions about this event, feel free to leave a comment here or PM me.

Pride Night proceeds help to cover the yearly operating expenses of the Community Center. This event is a unique night of fun, rides and entertainment

Sponsor Links:

http://www.cincyglbt.com/ Gay & Lesbian Community Center Of Greater Cincinnati

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/ Kings Island Amusement Park

http://www.the-word-online.com/ Southern Midwest Largest Gay & Lesbian Newspaper

http://scottknox.com/home.html Scott Knox Attorney At Law

http://www.belowzerolounge.com/ Below Zero Lounge

http://meetmindy.com/ Meet Mindy Lesbian Match Making

http://www.findfred.com/ Find Fred Gay Match Making

• Like 1

Okay Cody...I need to go. This time i have to go...

Yes! you must! whats holding ya back ;)

The event is all the way up in September and you guys have already decided when it will be AND announced it to the public...I wish you guys were in charge of deciding Son of Beast's fate.* :P

*All roads threads lead to Son of Beast!

lol'd I knew it was only a matter of time before the gay pride thread got the Son of Beast Virus!

Best night I've ever worked. Even with credit cards down, nobody swore/yelled/threw anything at me. Amazing.

+++ We respect the place that lets us be ourselves for a night of fun. Its like our 2nd home for a night.

I would love to attend one year and experience the fun. My Uncle is gay and I am proud of him. He is like my bigger brother that I never had. He would take me and my brother and sister every year to Kings Island we had a blast. He always encouraged me even through my adulthood, the man would give the last dollar in his pocket if you asked for it. He is my great friend.

We travel once a year to another theme park, to experience something new. We started two years ago. Our last trips have been Kennywood, and Kings Dominion. I may try to attend this year, and suprise him by purchasing his ticket for the event, who knows?

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have to go to Pride Night this year! I worked the event on Vortex and Monster back in 2005, and I have to say it was the most fun night I had there. I've always wanted to go again but struggled with how to explain it to my conservative family.

Last year I came out as trans, but didn't have the extra money to attend (lots of car trouble) on top of having an unreliable car. But this year, I'm going for sure! Can't wait!

• Like 2

I have to go to Pride Night this year! I worked the event on Vortex and Monster back in 2005, and I have to say it was the most fun night I had there. I've always wanted to go again but struggled with how to explain it to my conservative family.

Last year I came out as trans, but didn't have the extra money to attend (lots of car trouble) on top of having an unreliable car. But this year, I'm going for sure! Can't wait!

Really excited you can attend! A lot has changed since 05! The crowd is much bigger! A ton more entertainment through out the evening hours! More families go now!

• 2 weeks later...

What's the after party like?

I went to Cincinnati Pride (for a bit - had to work) this year (my first event of that type) and I was so lost. lol It was fun though! At least with KI I know what to do and where to go!

60 days sounds so far away!

Thank you for posting this. I am wanting to go if at all possible. I think it would be a blast!

Its one of the best nights to go to Kings Island. Best part is that it is closed to the general public & free of protesters.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I just saw this on the CincyGLBT website "This year, instead of an "after glow" party - check area taverns for Pride Night events." So I know it was stated above that the after party would still be at Kings Island Resort Inn but given that statement that doesn't seem so. So does anyone know more info, or have any on the other events? The after party was pretty much the only reason I planned on staying at the K.I.R.I. I'm traveling with a friend or two from Knoxville TN so not to in tune with the happenings in the Cincy area. On a somewhat unrelated note I think we will be going to Coney Island for the first time ever that following day which looks to be the last day of the season there should I expect large crowds at Coney?

Since my trip last Friday fell apart about half way to the park, Im definitely 100% going to be at Pride. I want a night Beast ride, and to say that weekends at a park and I dont agree with each other, is like saying a mongoose has a slight problem with a Cobra. In other words, being at a park with 3000-ish fun people, who are a part of the same community as I, is my kinda fun night :)

• Like 1

Ah thanks RumorSmasher. Given the park closes at midnight and the clubs at 2 n 230 respectively I think I'll pass on a rushed club experience and just linger and mingle, I expect there will be some celebratory experiences by other means, likely just having some drinks with friends at the room. BTW we have an odd number in our group so if anyone wants to meet up with us that would be pretty sweet. KICentral Pride Meetup?

• Like 1

Remember, if you do go for an after glow party at your local tavern, make sure you do not drink and drive. Police will be on the look out, as they always do at that time of night for drivers that have had too much to drink. You do not have to be falling down drunk to be arrested for impaired driving. So be safe and do not get behind the wheel.

• Like 3

Ah thanks RumorSmasher. Given the park closes at midnight and the clubs at 2 n 230 respectively I think I'll pass on a rushed club experience and just linger and mingle, I expect there will be some celebratory experiences by other means, likely just having some drinks with friends at the room. BTW we have an odd number in our group so if anyone wants to meet up with us that would be pretty sweet. KICentral Pride Meetup?

It is only 1/2 hour drive from Kings Island to the clubs in Cinicnnati according to Google Maps. So, even though myself and others are staying at hotels in the Kings Island area, we are planning to hit the after-parties at Below Zero Lounge and On Broadway Bar.

When Below Zero Lounge and On Broadway Bar closes at 2:00 AM / 2:30 AM, if we are up to it, we might head over to The Dock for after-hours. The Dock is advertising that it will be open 'til 4:00 AM with dancing and claims it will discount the cover if you present a Pride Night ticket stub.

Got my tickets and reserved my room. Got the room at Kings Island Resort Inn after all the closeness to the park and reasonable rate was just to hard to pass up even with no after party. Plus now that our group added Cedar Point on Saturday being close to the park means maybe a tad easier to get up early. We'll see how that works. Well if anyone wants to meet up just send me a message would love to meet some fellow KIC members.