Cincy Company Producing Old KI Ride Logo T-Shirts

WesReviews

I looked and couldn't believe there wasn't a thread for this already.

Comedian Creates Line of Local Shirts

That love of Cincinnati has prompted his newest venture called CincyShirts.com, where he and partner Darin Overholser sell and market shirts with the vintage and modern logos of famous Cincinnati people, brands and places. In coming months, he’ll expand the concept to Indianapolis and Cleveland through a site called HomeShirts.com. Eventually, more cities will be added.

The business sounds simple enough, but it required months of research and planning. After a poll of family and friends to determine the most memorable local brands, the two men tracked down the copyright information for hundreds of old stores, restaurants and sports teams.

In many cases, those rights had expired, freeing the men to print the logos on shirts. Owners of some marks, like Pete Rose and Kings Island parent Cedar Fair, gave LookAtMe permission to reprint old ride logos and photos of Rose playing ball.

The Bat - Logo T-Shirt

King Cobra - Logo T-Shirt

Screamin' Demon - Logo T-Shirt

These look great! I know I plan on ordering a couple of these.

We need a Phantom Theater shirt!

I was thinking this, too!

Also, if Cedar Fair let all their trademarks expire on King Cobra and the older rides, why (according to the article) would they still have to give their permission for these shirts? If they no longer have claim to the names/logos. Just something that crossed my mind.

There are also some old Winterfest logos that they are selling as well: http://www.cincyshirts.com/cincyshirts/vintage-cincinnati-shirts/winterfest-shirt.html

They also have an old Coney (when it was dubbed Ohio Grove) advertisement on a t-shirt: http://www.cincyshirts.com/cincyshirts/vintage-cincinnati-shirts/vintage-ohio-grove-poster-shirt.html

They also have a shirt of Surf Cincinnati, and several old Cincinnati relics that I remember from when I was a kid (Cincinnati Mighty Ducks, and Swallen`s to name a few).

Okay, so I ordered my shirt as I posted a while ago. I received a confirmation email immediately after I placed the order, but I never received a tracking number. I chalked this up to it being delivered USPS, as my order said, rather than FedEx, which the site says it normally uses. Then today, the order disappeared from my credit card statement. I ordered it Wednesday night, and I live about an hour and a half from Mason. Maybe I'm jumping the gun and it'll arrive Monday or Tuesday, but it seems weird that the order would have disappeared from my statement... Anyone else have this happen? I'm going to try to contact them tomorrow.

^ I contacted them a few days after ordering mine and they told me it would probably take about a week for them to make the shirt and ship it. I got a confirmation email saying it had shipped a couple of days ago and got my shirts delivered today. I was pleasantly surprised, they were wrapped nicely in the box, had a few French Chews thrown in and an additional shirt for free.

^ Yeah, I got mine today, too. It was also wrapped pretty nicely, and while mine had some French Chews in it, it had a random Bob Ross postcard in it instead of another shirt. I totally don't understand the connection between Cincinnati and the Ross postcard, but the French Chews were delicious, haha.

The shirt itself was comfortable and fit really nicely! It was thinner fabric than I'd expected, but it looked nice, in my opinion.