Bluegrass Boardwalk Or Kentucky Kingdom

I don't want to burst your bubble, but frequently when a company/asset is targeted for acquisition, code names are used in the study and even acquisition documents. That being said, the name Kentucky Kingdom comes with a great deal of baggage and very little, if any, positive brand equity.

That all being said, I fear if this goes through, it will eventually be known as Koch's Folly and may even result in either a new name for the Santa Claus park: Closed, or perhaps: Under New Ownership.

• Like 1

Very true. Even Coney Island suffered a similar fate once it entered its third generation of family ownership. George Schott, followed by Ed Schott and then George`s son-in law Ralph Wachs. He was foloowed by Gary Wachs who late had the vision to create Kings Island and ended up selling the park to Taft Broadcasting so that they could help build Kings Island. And of course Coney eventually continued on under new management.

I`m still surprised they are going after this. Especially when their park has benefited from the closure of Kentiucky Kingdom. I guess they see some potential value to this if they are doing their due dilligence and trying to line up investors for this endeavor.

Bluegrass Boardwalk sounds too... bluegrassy. As in the music genre. I for one would never visit an amusement park if I even suspected I'd have to hear banjo and fiddle music 24/7.

Kentucky Kingdom doesn't have the best positive brand recognition, but it's by far the more superior name. Good, consistent ownership can undo any negative feelings brought upon by past incidents.

That said, I wouldn't be opposed to changing it to something more generic in line with their other park... Holiday Kingdom or Holiday Land or something like that.

Kentucky Kingdom really does seem like a boardwalk if you think about it. I would rather perfer Louie's Kingdom or Louie's Boardwalk. Bluegrass Boardwalk doesn't sound that much fun or entertaining. Louisville doesn't even have kentucky bluegrass! smh

I kinda thought Bluegrass Boardwalk was one of the more creatively appropriate names the amusement industry's come up with lately, but apparently I'm the only one. It carries the same charm with it that I associate with Jazzland: appropriate for the area, but without seeming cheesy. (Then again, I've never been to Jazzland or Kentucky Kingdom, so maybe I'm off base. Six Flags was nice enough to announce KK's closure about an hour after I bought my 2010 pass, and I'm still waiting on my refund.)