Bring Back Phantom Theater

16gwoods

I know it probably wont work at all but me and my friend are making petitions (online and on paper) to bring back Phantom Theater. We will mail them to someone at K.I. (if anyone knows who we should mail it to please let me know) So sign this online petition if you want and if you dont think this will work please no negative comments :)

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-back-phantom-theater/

Guest TombraiderTy

How bout the canoes? They'd only need to knock-out The Beast to put them back in :P

In all seriousness, Phantom Theater's days are long gone. It's been nearly a decade since its removal and the attraction's components have found new life elsewhere - the characters as Haunt prop, the ride system as the current Boo Blasters on Boo Hill. Besides, to my knowledge, the cost to maintain the characters was extreme, the ridership was low, and the overall theme of the ride - an abandoned, haunted theater - wasn't suitable for the children's section of the park. Heck, I remember being terrified of the ride myself when I was seven years old.

• Like 1

As much as I admire your efforts, I have to agree with others in saying that I just don't see this petition doing much good. And I loved Phantom Theater as much as the next guy. However, here's another idea for you. It won't bring Phantom Theater back, but it may be the next best thing to Phantom Theater and probably actually would have a realistic chance of succeeding. A few years back at Halloween Haunt, they had a stage set up in front of the Eiffel Tower with all of the Phantom Theater figures on it. It almost brought me to tears just looking at it. I bet I stood there close to ten minutes just looking at it in awe. It was such an amazing set up and so haunting, yet magnificent. Why they decided to do away with that set up is beyond me. But, enough of that mushiness, lol. Anyways, you may want to think about starting a petition to have this set up brought back. At the very least, it brought all of the Phantom Theater characters into one place again instead of scattered all over the park like they have been for the past couple of seasons now. Believe me, I would be the first in line to sign it. Also, another idea is to start a petition asking to build a dark ride or put one in an existing building. Now, the chances of this succeeding are probably not that great either, but it's probably more realistic than them bringing Phantom Theater back. Just some ideas for you that may actually work.

Sad to say that Phantom Theater lives on only in youtube-land and anyone with the audio files.

So does IJST, TR:TR, AE, etc... lol

And holy crap I just posted on kic...

Lol, wow; it's been years; a lot of years. Have you ever posted on KIC or are you just around from PKIU?

No I used to post here for a tad after the merger/buyout w/e lol. Just havent been on here that much. This is my first post in at least 2-3 years. Possibly more...

Bottom line:

The only way you'll ever convince Cedar Fair to do anything, is if you can prove to them they will make money from it; lots of it.

And not just them!

No matter how one might romanticize Disney, Universal, etc., money has to be the basis for most every decision. If the boards don't demand it, the shareholders will. There's a reason for everything those companies do, and most lead back to money.

See the $1.2 billion poured in Disney California Adventure. That park has received easily $2 billion in upgrades in the eleven years that it's been open, and none of that was done only to make nostalgic visitors happy. It was done because Disney believes that in the long run, it will recoup that $2 billion and then some.

Business is business, but when you get too close and imagine it as something "personal," that's when feelings get hurt. Kings Island raises parking prices or charges for Dinosaurs Alive, and some here feel personally attacked, like a relative has stolen out of their wallet. When you become absorbed in a situation and build memories around it, it's hard to see it for what it really is. Visit micechat or any number of Disney message boards and you'll see how violently they pick apart the company and the way it runs the parks - similar to the way we pick apart Cedar Fair and Kings Island, seemingly forgetting that it has to come down to money. Pure and simple.

• Like 3

But see private companies such as Herschend. There, longer term horizons can be used and there is less emphasis on short term performance.

As for FUN and pre-bankruptcy SIX, the heavy debt load focuses the short term emphasis even more on money and brings heightened scrutiny, from creditors, what with their debt covenants bringing a large say into the business. Do you really think Dick Kinzel wanted to install identical 2011 WindSeekers in parks, including his beloved Cedar Point?

• Like 2

I liked PT too, but I would much rather see another dark ride put in. Something much more frightening and not intended to be in the kiddie section of the park. It's been sooo long since I've been on a dark ride that actually surprised and/or scared me. Then again, I really like being scared.