Ed Alonzo’s Psycho Circus- Magic and Mayhem

TylerRider

I certainly enjoyed the show...I never laughed so hard at several points in the show. Yes...it will be repetitive for a couple of weeks, but I'm sure he will change it up some as the season comes along to keep it fresh. It's part of his act to have the female dancers because they play such an important roll in his act and the park knew of this coming into it. Their outfits are just costumes. Very professional imo. I am so very very tired of first off: everybody whining that the park gets nothing new. Second: When we do get something new...everybody whines and finds something to nic/pic about that and still nobody is happy. Make up your minds people....Please.

7333275718_74072f1782_z.jpg

Psycho Circus by KingsIsland1972, on Flickr

• Like 1

Saw this show 2 more times today (Mon. 6/4) and honestly, it is SIMPLY DREADFUL!!

Ed Alonzo is hideous and the show's content is even worse.

I am usually very positive on KI shows, but so far this show is THE WORST!! There is no doubt KI management spent VERY LITTLE money on acquiring this show.

Sorry. Just the truth. :(

If I thought a show was so bad the first 3 times, I wouldn't go back, let alone 2 more times. Why waste 50 minutes of your time In the park if it is that bad? What is so bad? I saw it. The girls costumes are no worse then old KI shows in the 80's and 90's. His magic aren't thembiggest of tricks, but I thought! With the exception of the balloon trick, that it was fine. Maybe I just have a bit more tolerance.

• Like 3

SoakCity, I think you have been spending way to much time in the eastern part of the USA, try taking a trip to the west coast then tell us what's not acceptable.

First of all, I am and have ALWAYS been in the entertainment industry, so I know about what I speak. I know a high quality show when I see one. I have nothing bad to say about any of the ice shows the past several years. They were entertaining and well done (note: most of the talent came from OUTSIDE this area).

When I say this show is bad, I'm not talking about the appropriateness of the content (i.e. matter that may not be suitable for families and a Midwest audience). Although, I must tell that you that one act has already been ELIMINATED from the show -- where Alonzo pulls "toilet paper" out of the young boys shirt which is attach to a woman's bra at the end.

Here's what happened today: The circus curtain didn't completely come down at the very beginning, so a stagehand runs out and physically holds it back until Alonzo appears, walks to the front of the stage and a main stage curtain could be closed, so that it could be detached.

Alonzo's microphone was clipped at the beginning and he was on stage pointing to his mic so the audio board op could turn it on.

Alonzo's card trick went horribly wrong. The card that the audience member picks out is ALWAYS the 10 of clubs, but Alonzo drops one of the cards and it messes everything up....and up....and up....and up....until he tells the boy "here's the card you picked" when the boy was saying "No, I picked the 2 of diamonds". Alonzo was clearly embarrassed and sweat poured down his face.

When Alonzo first appears on stage, he's SUPPOSED to walk out of an upright box with a bright flash and puff of smoke, but that effect has only worked 2 times out of the 5 times I've seen it.

There is NOTHING wrong with the girl dancers. They are the best part of the show. Unfortunately, it's a MAGIC SHOW and that is the part that is severely lacking.

The tricks and illusions are VERY child-like and amateurish. It reminds me of a friend in grade school who just got a magic set for his birthday and he's trying out the new tricks on his family members.

So far, audiences have been very sparce which, in some part, is a reflection of the overall very sparce crowds at Kings Island this season. Did you know the daily walk-up single-day admission charge is now a whopping $53.99?? Are they serious?? I enjoy Kings Island, but Kings Island is no Walt Disney World.

Trolling much?

First off, the crowds have been the highest I've seen in awhile, so I don't know what you're talking about. Also, guess what? Disney World (which I am actually going to be at tomorrow, sorry that seemed like I think I'm so cool...) is so much different than Kings Island. Kings Island is an amusement park with thrill rides and flat rides and roller coasters. Disney is a theme park with dark rides, and is a place with 17 million visitors annually ... BIG difference.

• Like 1

By the way, I saw Forbidden Magic: Secrets of the Mummy's Tomb several years ago and liked it. Immensely!

I'm absolutely certain Kings Island is saving lots of $$$ by doing away with ice show and replacing it with this low-grade Alonzo magic show. Just sayin'.

Trolling much?

First off, the crowds have been the highest I've seen in awhile, so I don't know what you're talking about. Also, guess what? Disney World (which I am actually going to be at tomorrow, sorry that seemed like I think I'm so cool...) is so much different than Kings Island. Kings Island is an amusement park with thrill rides and flat rides and roller coasters. Disney is a theme park with dark rides, and is a place with 17 million visitors annually ... BIG difference.

Thanks for making my point: why are Kings Island tickets DISNEY-LIKE? Kings Island is no Walt Disney.

1 - I talked to a member of the entertainment department, the bra gag is still in the show... So I'm not sure where you came up with that info..

2 - The show has averaged a lot more than the ice shows did.

Are you sure you really saw the show?

• Like 2

Dear SoakCity, go **** yourself (self edited). Try spending time in Orlando or Anaheim before you compare KI prices to Disney prices. And from what I have seen from the show online, you're just making this crap up. Make like a tree, and get outta here.

• Like 3

I seen the show again today,this time in the back so my boy isnt so close to all the legs ! He is to young to fall in love,haha. It was a bigger train wreck than saturdays show,which makes it more funny to me!! I never have seen that baloon trick before,i like it. Some of the magic is a little out dated but the kids had fun.One thing i notice alot is all the microphone and sound issues KI has at almost all there shows around the park,i hope they get these issues corrected soon. I will keep going to Ed's show for all the wrong reasons,whats gonna screw up next!!! I think he is great! You also can tell those girls bust there butts,and work very hard on there craft.The girls out front,im still a bit lost on whats going on there?

• Like 1

In the show I attended, almost every seat was filled. I think it was an alright show, and due to my love for Saved by the Bell, it was cool seeing Ed. Every effect seemed to work correctly, and even if the magic wasn't the best I've seen, it was enjoyable. I thought Ed swallowing the balloon was impressive, I have never seen anyone do that before!

• Like 1

The girls costumes are no worse then old KI shows in the 80's and 90's.

I agree guy1115!

My fiance' and I spent a night together watching old VHS tapes that her father recorded in 1983 before he passed away a few years later and low and behold there was a trip to Kings Island. He was so proud of his new video recorder that he recorder ALL the shows for the day. We are going to get them to digital so we can share these treasures with everyone but I must say that the clothing worn then was much skimpier than today, but that was the style then and it was acceptable. If you go to the water park in Soak City I swear you'll find MUCH MUCH LESS on women and teen girls that I'm sure if you were to ask them to perform on stage in their bikini's everyone would have a MAJOR FIT! The girls' outfits were perfect for the style of magic performed. Everyone needs to honestly think about really what they are complaining about. There are far worse things to worry about than the performers outfits.

• Like 1

1 - I talked to a member of the entertainment department, the bra gag is still in the show... So I'm not sure where you came up with that info..

2 - The show has averaged a lot more than the ice shows did.

Are you sure you really saw the show?

I'm not sure how you could make any of those statements.

The "bra gag" was NOT in ANY of today's performances. Maybe your "contact" in the "entertainment department" does not know??

Let's see...the show has ONLY been on 3 days, so how can you make a statement that "it has averaged a lot more than the ice shows"?? Haha! That's ridiculous. No way. I've been there 2 of the 3 days and seen 5 performances and there have been very, very few people in the audience. Wanna first row seat? No problem - just show up a minute before the show starts and it's yours!

I will see this show again and will report back with ACCURATE observations.

I seen the show again today,this time in the back so my boy isnt so close to all the legs ! He is to young to fall in love,haha. It was a bigger train wreck than saturdays show,which makes it more funny to me!! I never have seen that baloon trick before,i like it. Some of the magic is a little out dated but the kids had fun.One thing i notice alot is all the microphone and sound issues KI has at almost all there shows around the park,i hope they get these issues corrected soon. I will keep going to Ed's show for all the wrong reasons,whats gonna screw up next!!! I think he is great! You also can tell those girls bust there butts,and work very hard on there craft.The girls out front,im still a bit lost on whats going on there?

Thanks for your truthful observations. I know we're not alone. It is indeed a train wreck and I agree it's quite comical at times. But I do a lot of cringing at the same time. :unsure:

You only spend the full price for a ticket if you did not bother to buy a ticket online or were too lazy. If you thought the show stunk, why did you even bother to go a second time? Soak City might be in the entertainment business, then he should know this is only the third day of the show and even the best shows had a couple quirks when they first opened. So unless you are Copperfield or a Chris Angel or some other famous magician, you don't know what goes on in a magic show. Now did you walk up the the ticket booth and ask for a full price ticket or did you elect to get a 2 day ticket for the same price? Can you go to Disney World for two days and only spend $53.99? I think not.

• Like 1

Trolling much?

Thanks for making my point: why are Kings Island tickets DISNEY-LIKE? Kings Island is no Walt Disney.

Do you actually know how much Disney tickets cost?

2 Day WDW ticket, no park hopper: $176.00

2 Day KI ticket, KI and Soak City both included: $53.99

WDW Annual Pass: $574.00

KI Gold Pass: $99.99

• Like 1

I hate magic shows, but the dancing girls made it enjoyable. No not really.

Titan who took the role of a teenage boy with raging hormones for a split second.

However the younger audience seemed to enjoy and I guess that's what counts right? Remember family matters!

• Like 1