Ed Alonzo’s Psycho Circus- Magic and Mayhem

TylerRider

Seriously folks - stop feeding the troll. Soak City obviously has an issue with the Ed show for some reason. Ignore his whining and it'll eventually dry up.

Btw - nice to see some posting by Uncle Henry again. Hopefully, you will also join in a positive way in some other discussions.

• Like 2

Seriously folks - stop feeding the troll. Soak City obviously has an issue with the Ed show for some reason. Ignore his whining and it'll eventually dry up.

Btw - nice to see some posting by Uncle Henry again. Hopefully, you will also join in a positive way in some other discussions.

Sadly no, I've moved away from Ohio, and even before then I've been less and less a "fan" of the park. Came in here again only because I heard about the troll digging his hole deeper and deeper.

• Like 1

And now comes the time where I talk!

I did see the show today and it seemed.... confused. It would alternate between odd dancing sequences and potty jokes. I'm okay if it's raunchy but if there are three year olds in the audience, make it innuendos and double entendres, watch some clips of The Pee-Wee Herman Show on Broadway or better yet, Pee-Wee's Playhouse as that was meant a little bit more for kids than the former, but it could still be enjoyable to watch even if you're older, but I digress.

Point is, the show while not as horrible as some people are saying it to be, as it's actually pretty enjoyable, Ed Alonzo is great onstage, the show itself could be better if it evened out the juvenile parts and the more raunchy parts. 5/10

Now I know that it's not good to feed the troll as it'll just lead to him posting even more, and the last time I tried this sort of thing it didn't end well, so the following is kind of sort of a joke, but it does contain both my actual opinion and a few over exaggerations. (If the following should not be posted inform me and I will cut it out. )

SoakCity, even if you are an "expert" (*coughbullcrapcough*) in the business of entertainment, I think it'd matter a bit more of you were an expert in the magic business. But hey, what do I know, I don't have the apparent backstage pass of the gods to entertainment that you do! :P

Also, I have found that one should never ever ever ever ever ever ever that they "know about what they speak" because they are an "expert" in a particular field, because unless you are the person who created it, you don't sound like an "expert" and nobody thinks of you as an "expert", they think of you as ungodly annoying.

However you were right about the toilet paper bra trick being gone today, it really was gone. 1 point for you!

• Like 1

I kind of wish that that SC's review didn't go into so much detail. I would have liked at least one surprise.

I'm going to to go see this show, anyway, so SC didn't accomplish his goal.

Perhaps SC is a fourth rate magician, angry that they trucked in this out of town act instead of hiring him?

• Like 1

Or is Ed Alonzo, knowing that the more people talk about his show.....

Terp, who adored the old Scooby show in Enchanted Theater, and saw it dozens and dozens of times....in his forties!

That's a possibility. At least you didn't see the alleged Fred Flintstone Dancing with a Carrot Show.

• Like 1

Terp, who adored the old Scooby show in Enchanted Theater, and saw it dozens and dozens of times....in his forties!

I loved the old scooby show! I was very young at the time, and I still remember most of it. The guy who played Shaggy was always very nice and would lift me up on his shoulder.

• Like 1

That's a possibility. At least you didn't see the alleged Fred Flintstone Dancing with a Carrot Show.

But I did. Once. That was enough.

I wonder if SC is a displaced ice skater. Obviously there are some rough edges on this show, but if it turns out anywhere near as good as the 'Sideshow: A Carnival fo Magic" show at CP it should be fun to watch. Anyone who watched the first run of Pint-sized Brawlers would have said the same thing. My first thought was "What was KI thinking?!?!?", but they worked on it, polished it up, and made it a hoot to watch. So much so that on at least one evening the Festhaus was full to capacity. I don't think I've *ever* seen that before. So, there's reason for optimism...

• Like 1

I'm probably going to get clobbered for this but I would like to say something in defense of Soak City. I have been reviewing Soak City's posts and, yes, I do disagree with them. However, as offbeat as they might be ( yes, it is crazy to hate a show yet see it 5 times) at no point did I see any personal attacks by him against anyone. As long as a person does not engage in personal attacks, they have a right to express their opinion and I think we should respect that difference of opinion no matter how offbeat. Just my two cents. ( Or nickels as Terpie would say.)

• Like 4

I'm probably going to get clobbered for this but I would like to say something in defense of Soak City. I have been reviewing Soak City's posts and, yes, I do disagree with them. However, as offbeat as they might be ( yes, it is crazy to hate a show yet see it 5 times) at no point did I see any personal attacks by him against anyone. As long as a person does not engage in personal attacks, they have a right to express their opinion and I think we should respect that difference of opinion no matter how offbeat. Just my two cents. ( Or nickels as Terpie would say.)

Thanks, "markr", for your civil words.

I will continue to give constructive criticism on this show. Yes, I've seen it 5 times and will likely see it many more times before its run is up.

I'm seriously rooting for it to IMPROVE!! As I stated in an earlier post, I'm in the entertainment biz and am pretty well-versed on all aspects from content to talent to technical production and marketing. I literally cringe when something doesn't go right because I know what it's like MYSELF (yes, from personal experience!!) when things go wrong.

This is a NEW show and I saw it on the FIRST DAY. And like any NEW show, there were bound to be problems. There's always a grace period, but to many audience members there is NO grace period as that is the ONLY TIME they will see that show.

I then saw the show 2 days later--on Monday--and unfortunately the production mistakes were still numerous. Also, there were serious talent issues with the card trick going horribly wrong. The "circus curtain" fabric that is pulled away at the beginning of show would not fully detach prompting the production crew to bring down another curtain so that it could be manually detached.

Also, yours truly was NEARLY CHOKED BY THE STRING of one illusion after it went terribly wrong on Monday. You see, the fabric that is shot out of the light stand actually follows a string (shhhhh...a secret!) that is randomly attached to various points in the theater and then returns to the stage and goes into the paint roller pan attached to the ladder. For some reason, that string got pulled down into the audience and audience members started pulling on it. At one point it became VERY TIGHT up against SoakCity's neck until people tugging on it finally snapped the string.

It's possible SoakCity will see the show again today (Thur. 6/7) and, if so, will report back with a full report.

Stay tuned...

SC

...I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time believing that you were choked by the "string".

Further, you must like it, even if you claim you don't, to see it 5+ times is a little over kill if you don't like the show and find "numerous production mistakes". Besides, have you ever talked to Guest Relations about your experience?

• Like 1

I will continue to give constructive criticism on this show.

Constructive criticism involves giving ways to improve the show, unless I missed something (and I probably did) all you've done is rant about how horrible it is. Is there really not a single positive in this show for you? Or a suggestion you could make to have the show be better? Because I really want to hear that, what would you do to make it better? This seems to be one of the worst shows you've ever seen, so what would you do make it better?

• Like 1

SoakCity & Co. has attended the 2 p.m. showing and awaiting the start of the 3:30 p.m. show.

Please check back in near future for a full REVIEW...

SoakCity

UPDATE: There was little improvement in Thursday's 2 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. showings. Some of the tricks/illusions did NOT work such as the monitor with the guy in it to start the show. There was audio but the screen was BLANK (not turned on??)

Also, the fabric shot out of the light stand into audience did NOT return to the paint roller ban on ladder.

sounds like this production must have inherited the same curse that plagued "Spiderman Turn Off the Dark" on Broadway! Just bring back the days where you could see a fun band like Duran Duran at Timberwolf after a fun day in the park!

• Like 1

Perhaps this is the part of the thread where I bring up the fact that Ed Alonzo's magic shows are notorious for being raunchy and/or juvenile, as he has been a staple of Knott's Halloween Haunt for years (faeriewench will back me up on this one). The show's supposed to be geared more towards an older audience what with ze dancing girls and the potty humor. How KI managed to bring this show to a regular seasonal audience (rife with families and younger folk) is beyond me.

Let me also bring up the fact that I have yet to visit the park, therefore I have yet to see his show in person, and I have only seen his show via YouTube. But it sounds as if they still have quite a number of kinks to work out before M&M gets to 100%.

- Me, who only knows much ado about nothing...

• Like 2

This would be like me going to see Twilight over and over and over and over, a movie in which I abhor (tried to watch it as a favor to my wife, did make it thru the first 45 minutes, my wife let me leave thankfully, even she said it was horrible), and posting incessantly about it.

Why bother? I'd rip my heart right out of my ribcage with my bare hands and then throw it on the floor and stomp on it 'til I die rather than do that.

• Like 1

SoakCity & Co. has attended the 2 p.m. showing and awaiting the start of the 3:30 p.m. show.

Please check back in near future for a full REVIEW...

SoakCity

Why do you keep watching it if you hate it so much, and apparently you almost died in the last show? Seems fishy to me....

• Like 1

Thanks, "markr", for your civil words.

I will continue to give constructive criticism on this show. Yes, I've seen it 5 times and will likely see it many more times before its run is up.

I'm seriously rooting for it to IMPROVE!! As I stated in an earlier post, I'm in the entertainment biz and am pretty well-versed on all aspects from content to talent to technical production and marketing. I literally cringe when something doesn't go right because I know what it's like MYSELF (yes, from personal experience!!) when things go wrong.

This is a NEW show and I saw it on the FIRST DAY. And like any NEW show, there were bound to be problems. There's always a grace period, but to many audience members there is NO grace period as that is the ONLY TIME they will see that show.

I then saw the show 2 days later--on Monday--and unfortunately the production mistakes were still numerous. Also, there were serious talent issues with the card trick going horribly wrong. The "circus curtain" fabric that is pulled away at the beginning of show would not fully detach prompting the production crew to bring down another curtain so that it could be manually detached.

Also, yours truly was NEARLY CHOKED BY THE STRING of one illusion after it went terribly wrong on Monday. You see, the fabric that is shot out of the light stand actually follows a string (shhhhh...a secret!) that is randomly attached to various points in the theater and then returns to the stage and goes into the paint roller pan attached to the ladder. For some reason, that string got pulled down into the audience and audience members started pulling on it. At one point it became VERY TIGHT up against SoakCity's neck until people tugging on it finally snapped the string.

It's possible SoakCity will see the show again today (Thur. 6/7) and, if so, will report back with a full report.

Stay tuned...

SC

Again. Spoiler thing. Cute.

"Somehow' the string got pulled down, and lo and behold, it was in your vicinity. So, if the string were not interfered with, your neck would not have been tangled with it, yes? And fancy that the interference was in such close proximity to you?

I know I shouldn't feed trolls, but buddy? Really?

Messing with another guy's act is very unprofessional, no matter how long one has been in the entertainment business. Either that, or perhaps Alonzo truly is magic, and is sending you the message that he's tired of seeing your sour mug in his audience.

Sc, too much time on your hands.

• Like 1

This brings back memories of Magican's Mayhem, a little bit of info upon the things said. 1. Do not use the troll spray, bad juju will be cursed upon you! 2. CF reputation of the most provacative ideas, has my doubts about this "puppet show", if its any good, I hope its enjoyable to the people that see it. 3. I can see another waterpark enthusiast is on the forums now, fun..Yes....fun.... 5. Welcome to KIC SC, where magical unicorns prance in medows, BB1 talks about his likes of a certain place, and Interpreter is a comedian for his day job!

• Like 1