Ed Alonzo’s Psycho Circus- Magic and Mayhem

TylerRider

I saw the 7:00 showing yesterday and thought the show was great. The theater was packed and everyone seemed to be enjoying it. The jokes were funny and honestly it was just nice to see a show that isn't a musical revue. The tricks were also very good. I've seen the videos from Knott's Haunt and I really hope Kings Island is planning on having the slightly more "adult" version of the show this October.

If you're talking about Alonzo's show at KI Haunt, it just got confirmed by Knott's via FB he will be back there by Haunt time for "Ed Alonzo's Funhouse", so no KI Haunt show just yet.

• Like 1

I saw the show when I went to the park on Thursday. I thought it was very entertaining and fun. I really like watching the shows at the park, but the musical revues all start to blend together and aren't really worth seeing multiple times. I did really enjoy British Invasion, which I also saw for the first time on Thursday, but I'm pretty sure that's because I'm a big Beatles fan... Anyways, I think the park needs more shows like this- not necessarily magic, but something other than the 60s 70s 80 etc music revues....

• Like 1

I saw the show when I went to the park on Thursday. I thought it was very entertaining and fun. I really like watching the shows at the park, but the musical revues all start to blend together and aren't really worth seeing multiple times. I did really enjoy British Invasion, which I also saw for the first time on Thursday, but I'm pretty sure that's because I'm a big Beatles fan... Anyways, I think the park needs more shows like this- not necessarily magic, but something other than the 60s 70s 80 etc music revues....

Agreed. Shows that are not musical are actually entertaining and fun. Music is good, but after a while.. it just gets... blah.... I miss the dolphins..

• Like 1

In reference to an earlier post by Soak City - the gag in which he pulls the long cloth out of a kid's shirt with a bra at the end was back tonight. A lot of his show is impromptu, so a lot of it depends on whether or not the kid stays on stage and it also depends on the kind of shirt he's wearing.

• Like 1

In reference to an earlier post by Soak City - the gag in which he pulls the long cloth out of a kid's shirt with a bra at the end was back tonight. A lot of his show is impromptu, so a lot of it depends on whether or not the kid stays on stage and it also depends on the kind of shirt he's wearing.

SoakCity can confirm that the toilet paper/bra gag is still occasionally used in the show, dependent upon whether or not the kid volunteer from the audience stays on stage long enough after having been handed the "10 of Clubs" poster. Alonzo does NOT do a good job here in keeping the kid on stage. He gives all indication that the kid's portion of the show is up and the kid leaves. What's the kid supposed to do??

SoakCity has seen an additional seven (7) performances of this show and is happy to report that the shows are successively getting better, although they are not perfect and SHOULD BE at this stage in the game. There are still too many technical issues occurring.

Hey, anyone wanna know how the final illusion works? You know, the with the all the girl dancers stepping into the ticket booth, only to "disappear" from the booth and reappear through a side theater door??

The answer coming soon...

Peace, Magic & Mayhem,

SoakCity

Edited by Avatar
Please do not post show secrets on here I have suspended you for 2 days for this and next time it will be a IP ban Thanks.

Hey, anyone wanna know how the final illusion with the all the girl dancers stepping into the ticket booth, only to "disappear" fromt he booth and reappear through a side theater door??

Peace & Fun,

SoakCity

Me personally, I don't know and don't care to know how the tricks work. I was rather entertained by the show as always.

• Like 1

I think that many, if not most of the people posting on this forum page would rather not hear your ideas on how the tricks work......whether accurate or not. I think most of us would rather just go on continuing to enjoy the show, or choosing to not participate in watching.

It doesn't matter if you know how things are done or not, you don't need to ruin it for other people. I personally know how all of the tricks are performed, but yet I would NEVER even begin to think about telling someone, if they are really that interested in knowing the answers then they should do some research.

Now back to the side topic of Stunt Shows....Ryan, you are correct there was the short lived tower stunt show the first year of Action Zone, complete with fire from the top of the water tower, then there was also the short touring production of the Tomb Raider stunt show at Showplace the year Tomb Raider opened, complete with a Zip Line onto the stage (sound familiar?) and the motorcross bike jump onto the stage.

Many people tend to forget their was also a short summer stunt show (also at Showplace) that was themed as a Western one year, I forget the year on that one....maybe 1997(ish), that year also had a small "Hollywood Animal Actor" show (not the one with the tigers and lion) and if I remember correctly a Magic School Bus themed show, all at showplace...each show ran for around 3 weeks and then they switched.

• Like 1

Hey, anyone wanna know how the final illusion with the all the girl dancers stepping into the ticket booth, only to "disappear" fromt he booth and reappear through a side theater door??

Peace & Fun,

SoakCity

Me personally, I don't know and don't care to know how the tricks work. I was rather entertained by the show as always.

Yeah, me neither. I'm ok not knowing.

• Like 1

What exactly do you feel you'll accomplish by telling how Ed's tricks are done? You're clearly obsessed with this show(supported by the brags of how many times you state you've seen it) why ruin it for others who haven't seen it? Do you hold a grudge of some form for not getting to sit at the "cool" lunch table? I promise, it wasn't that big of a deal.

Lay back, enjoy the show. If you're trying to make new friends, you're going about it the wrong way.

I do hope a site administrator will monitor SC posts, and please consider anything he/she writes that reveals any secrets of a very hard working man and his livelihood as pre-FLAGGED and reported by me.

• Like 3