Color Me Surprised

BoddaH1994

I'm darn near in love with the colors of FACE/OFF when they're fresh. I never saw it as "yellow and red," but as a maroon and mac-n-cheese that I thought were dramatic, attention-grabbing, and appropriate for Action Zone. That being said, their faded counterparts are less than awe-inspiring.

FaceOff.jpg

The Stinger colors at Dorney Park have me a little undecided. In promotional images (in which the color was Photoshopped), I like how the track comes across as a seafoam color. But in reality, it's blue on top of a different blue, which I don't like near as much. Since that particular ride is the first people notice when entering Kings Island, it would be weird to see it a different color.

64404252.jpg

(PHOTOSHOPPED COLORS)

DPOffSeason2012e.jpg

(ACTUAL COLORS)

• Like 1

Just saw the image on their Facebook. I had not been keeping up with this topic so I thought it may have been a photoshop joke, but alas it is not. I personally wish that they would have just gave it a better red and yellow paint scheme. It is going to look strange at first walking up to the gate and seeing a newly painted Invertigo. Does anyone know if the trains are being painted as well.

(Shucks, there goes any memories of Face/Off I had in my head.)

I like it and I'm tired of ignorant people posting on the picture on Facebook, "UGH FIX THE SUN OF BEEST INSTEAD".

Do they realize that this is just a paint job? Its like when you build a new house...costs a lot of money and painting the walls is one of the smaller parts of this...people think that they can just fix Son of Beast for the same price as giving a 1000 foot roller coaster a paint job?

The only reason why I complain about this is I just wish people on Facebook would stop talking about Son of Beast. You can't just ask Kings Island to do something and they'll do it...

• Like 1

Do yourself a favor and don't go on Kings Island's Facebook. Or any theme parks' (though Six Flags and many others are smart enough to not have the "fan" discussion be visible from the main page, instead opting for only official status updates to be initially visible). We're talking about a population who can't be corrected. Tell them all you want that Backlot Stunt Coaster does not go upside down - they'll say you're wrong. And with the anonymity of the internet, they'll likely insult you in the process.

It's best to just stay off of the Facebook page of something you find great personal enjoyment in - you'll only upset yourself by seeing the opinions and naïveté. Truthfully, it's probably best to stay off of Facebook altogether.

• Like 2