Color Me Surprised

BoddaH1994

Personally, I like the new color scheme. It not only gives the ride a new look, but will probably tie better into the colors and setting of the entrance plaza. Sure, it may be a little different for Action Zone, but at least it is no longer a light pink and beige color, with bird dropping and mouth fluid stains a la mode.

• Like 1

The color scheme of it and Drop Tower work well together. Even if they didn't, who cares? People would complain no matter how it's painted.

Good point, I completely forgot about DT, I just had that large target in the plaze in my head. I didn't mean that it would not fit in with AZ, I just meant that it will be different. The ride already looks much better with only the cobra roll covered.

The color scheme of it and Drop Tower work well together. Even if they didn't, who cares? People would complain no matter how it's painted.

Good point, I completely forgot about DT, I just had that large target in the plaze in my head. I didn't mean that it would not fit in with AZ, I just meant that it will be different. The ride already looks much better with only the cobra roll covered.

I gotcha. I didn't mean you specifically.

Do yourself a favor and don't go on Kings Island's Facebook. Or any theme parks' (though Six Flags and many others are smart enough to not have the "fan" discussion be visible from the main page, instead opting for only official status updates to be initially visible). We're talking about a population who can't be corrected. Tell them all you want that Backlot Stunt Coaster does not go upside down - they'll say you're wrong. And with the anonymity of the internet, they'll likely insult you in the process.

It's best to just stay off of the Facebook page of something you find great personal enjoyment in - you'll only upset yourself by seeing the opinions and naïveté. Truthfully, it's probably best to stay off of Facebook altogether.

Just like I was watching a pov just yesterday of Nitro and someone commented, and I quote, "dis da behemoth not nitro"... Even though it clearly says Nitro on the zero car. and when people try to correct him he insists it's still Behemoth and insults anyone who says otherwise.

• Like 1

Do yourself a favor and don't go on Kings Island's Facebook. Or any theme parks' (though Six Flags and many others are smart enough to not have the "fan" discussion be visible from the main page, instead opting for only official status updates to be initially visible). We're talking about a population who can't be corrected. Tell them all you want that Backlot Stunt Coaster does not go upside down - they'll say you're wrong. And with the anonymity of the internet, they'll likely insult you in the process.

It's best to just stay off of the Facebook page of something you find great personal enjoyment in - you'll only upset yourself by seeing the opinions and naïveté. Truthfully, it's probably best to stay off of Facebook altogether.

Just like I was watching a pov just yesterday of Nitro and someone commented, and I quote, "dis da behemoth not nitro"... Even though it clearly says Nitro on the zero car. and when people try to correct him he insists it's still Behemoth and insults anyone who says otherwise.

Those are what I like to call "trolls". They do it on purpose just to get under your skin >.> That's why I ignore comments on YT videos. I remember one time someone posted "I used to ride The Beast when it was at Six Flags" on a POV video for Beast (yes, he was talking about KI's)

I must be minority..I thought Invertigo was pretty in pink :P ok maybe not.

I hope they give Action Zone more love in general. I like the new paint job - even though it seems to be the paint of the year here for Cedar Fair, it's still much better than faded yellow and pink. It and the rest of AZ need a lot more attention, Action Zone seems like a flat sprawl of concrete with some neglected, under themed rides at random points along it's concrete radius. Boomerang Bay has been having similar underthemed and overpaved issues lately, I hope the Soak City overhaul fixes that.

• Like 1

I hope they give Action Zone more love in general. I like the new paint job - even though it seems to be the paint of the year here for Cedar Fair, it's still much better than faded yellow and pink. It and the rest of AZ need a lot more attention, Action Zone seems like a flat sprawl of concrete with some neglected, under themed rides at random points along it's concrete radius. Boomerang Bay has been having similar underthemed and overpaved issues lately, I hope the Soak City overhaul fixes that.

Re-painting Invertigo with new colors could be the first step in a multi-year revitalization plan for Action Zone... But I'm probably looking too far into this.

• Like 1

I am not really sure why they are painting Invertigo, of all of the coasters. Many of the coasters need new paint jobs, so why don't they do those roller coasters? Adventure Express could use new paint (not changing the color) and the landscape of Adventure Express is terrible. Firehawk could use it, Vortex could use it. And now, Stinger, Leviathan, and now Invertigo are the same colors. Why Cedar Fair? While Kings Island might need a new refreshing entrance, these colors are not the ones to do it.

I am not really sure why they are painting Invertigo, of all of the coasters. Many of the coasters need new paint jobs, so why don't they do those roller coasters? Adventure Express could use new paint (not changing the color) and the landscape of Adventure Express is terrible. Firehawk could use it, Vortex could use it. And now, Stinger, Leviathan, and now Invertigo are the same colors. Why Cedar Fair? While Kings Island might need a new refreshing entrance, these colors are not the ones to do it.

I feel like the reason Invertigo is being painted is because it's at the front of the park, so it is very visible. Just my thought on it.

Keep in mind that both Vortex (rails only) and Flight Deck had only their track painted. None of the supports were also painted. They are painting Invertigo for two reasons. The red was fading which made the ride look terrible. A ride that is not painted and looks "run down" can make guests question the park`s maintenance, even if it is a five star operation. It is all about looks, and painting is a part of routine maintenance. The second reason steel coasters are painted is to prevent corrosion which can eat away at the steel which is never a good thing for the structural integrity of the ride.

The next rides that could use some TLC for this very purpose are Delirium and Italian Job`s track.

And KI planned to paint this ride all along. They simply did not have "extra" paint left over from Dorney Park`s Stinger.