Color Me Surprised

BoddaH1994

The only problem I see (if it's considered a problem), is that Action Zone sort of has a specific color scheme; red, blue, and yellow. So with Invertigo's new flashy colors I'm afraid it will stand out like a sore thumb. It will look nice coming in from the entrance, but I'm not sure it will when you're viewing it from Action Zone. I don't think this will be a major problem, I guess I'm just thinking too hard..........

Adventure Express could use new paint (not changing the color) and the landscape of Adventure Express is terrible. Firehawk could use it,

...Isn't Adventure Express supposed to look like that? And what's wrong with the landscape?

And Firehawk was repainted in (I think) 2010. Whatever paint they used in the initial de-X-Flighting was chipping off pretty quickly. The new paint's coming off in places, too, but this coat's working a lot better than the original.

(This isn't supposed to sound argumentative, so sorry about that! :) Just making conversation.)

The color scheme in Action Zone? I don't think it'll be too horribly noticed. Most people probably didn't ever realize that a color scheme was purposely done, and the only rides to actually have the red or blue and yellow scheme in recent years is Delerium, and Invertigo (prior to 2012), and... what? the grill/ open-air eating area, and the restrooms.

I think it'll be fine; still blue!

Your right. The more and more I go on the more and more I get impatient with these people. Also I hate when people ask questions like, "Are you open then?" "Whens opening day?" "How much do tickets cost?" or something like that. Thats what the website is for....

I totally agree with you on this. Unfortunately, it's a sign of the times in regards to society these days. People expect everybody else to do the work for them. Nobody likes to take the initiative anymore and do it themselves. I am completely different. I always try to find the information myself and only after exhausting all of my options and coming up empty would I actually call them up to ask about things such ticket prices or opening day. I don't know, I guess that's how I was raised. But I guess I'm part of a dying breed. And I'm not even that old!

• Like 4

^Trust me, I got you and liked the sarcasm.

I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but I just find it annoying when every other post on this site is about nitpicking at little things and believing they have some hidden meaning.

Folks, sometimes paint is just paint.

Agreed. The ride looked sunbaked so they're repainting it. When has any other ride's new paint job foreshadowed some grand scheme?

• Like 2

For some reason, when I started reading this thread, the song "I Adore Mi Amore" got stuck in my head. :wacko: [think deeeeep]

They repainted the Eiffel Tower way, way back in the middle of the last decade. Since that long-distant, faded era, not much else seems to have happened to the park's signature landmark. The park, however, is so, so much different in many, many ways.

Indeed, the Tower was last repainted for the 2005 season. Too bad the lights that line the International Street buildings that were also replaced in 2005 are becoming less and less present. I still love how the building`s roofs are outlined with lights along International Street. Adds so much character to the grand entrance of the park, especially when leaving after a long day of fun at the park.

I know! Someone at Kings Island just decided a few days ago to re-paint Invertigo! So they ran down to the local Lowe's and bought some paint and started painting it. ;)

Kings Island (and Cedar Fair) has a long-term plan they use, and a short-term plan as well. Sometimes things in the long-term plan will change to short-term, if necessary. This was not a spur-of-the-moment decison by any stretch of the imagination. It was planned. No doubt, it was a company plan to bring cohesion to the park chain by making this certain ride's colors match the other similar rides at other parks. I expect to see more of this in the future. They will want visitors to multiple Cedar Fair parks to know they are in a Cedar Fair park. Similar rides with matching color schemes is one simple way to help accomplish this.

As I stated before, I am happy to see anything that takes us further away from the Paramount days, lol.

... No doubt, it was a company plan to bring cohesion to the park chain by making this certain ride's colors match the other similar rides at other parks. I expect to see more of this in the future. They will want visitors to multiple Cedar Fair parks to know they are in a Cedar Fair park. Similar rides with matching color schemes is one simple way to help accomplish this.

This may have been Kinzle's plan, but the big guy is in town now. I would expect to see the complete opposite of this in the near future.

I know! Someone at Kings Island just decided a few days ago to re-paint Invertigo! So they ran down to the local Lowe's and bought some paint and started painting it. ;)

Kings Island (and Cedar Fair) has a long-term plan they use, and a short-term plan as well. Sometimes things in the long-term plan will change to short-term, if necessary. This was not a spur-of-the-moment decison by any stretch of the imagination. It was planned. No doubt, it was a company plan to bring cohesion to the park chain by making this certain ride's colors match the other similar rides at other parks. I expect to see more of this in the future. They will want visitors to multiple Cedar Fair parks to know they are in a Cedar Fair park. Similar rides with matching color schemes is one simple way to help accomplish this.

As I stated before, I am happy to see anything that takes us further away from the Paramount days, lol.

Or MAYBE the ride needed a paint job and they just happened to like the colors a sister park chose. Why does their always have to be a conspiracy? I doubt it has anything to do with cohesion or branding. The ride needed a new paint job. Someone liked those colors. They pained it.

It has nothing to do with long time corporate plans or the future of the company. Seriously people, it was just a paint job.

A plan underway may not appear to make much sense during its early implementation. The wise may even see Blue's Clues.

...but I just find it annoying when every other post on this site is about nitpicking at little things and believing they have some hidden meaning.

Folks, sometimes paint is just paint.

Two respected members...two different points of view...is it any wonder some members are not sure what kind of frame of mind to have around here?! :blink:

It has nothing to do with long time corporate plans or the future of the company. Seriously people, it was just a paint job.

Then of course I could throw the old "Those who know don't talk..." theory about Gordon's post...but I have NEVER believed that old theory! :P

I could also throw in that we have been told over and over that the park plans everything years in advance...but once again, I have never quite believed that either.

I guess the point of my post is no one should get TOO upset when people are taking guesses of what the paint job does/doesn't mean...blame all of the past posts.

• Like 1

Last summer at VF's coaster event someone asked why the Corksrew was painted the same in the same scheme as Corksrew at MIA. The director of maintanence explained that all color choices for repainting rides are made by the corporate planning and design office in Sandusky.

So I imagine the same person/group of people chose the colors for both Stinger and Invertigo.