Color Me Surprised

BoddaH1994

Guest thekidwholives

i was actually on King's Island facebook page, and I saw someone had posted some pictures of the Invertigo itself, the track is already painted, but not the supports. ^_^ anyone else excited as i am?

Guest thekidwholives

oh oh oh, and I will bet everyone here, that with this new paint job, comes a lot more people, which means longer lines, and less amount of time to ride other rides D:

oh oh oh, and I will bet everyone here, that with this new paint job, comes a lot more people, which means longer lines, and less amount of time to ride other rides D:

You will be correct. It is actually a wonderful marketing ploy, even the smallest change can have big affects. The re-release of movies in 3D, or phones that are updated in different color skins, or in this case the change of a color scheme on a coaster. While the original product has not been changed, people tend to be attracted to anything that appears 'new'. So I would not be surprised to see Invertigo having an increase in ridership this year.

I wonder, new paint job mean could be up for sale? I like the ride but it has been around awhile and such a short ride experience. Maybe ????

I highly doubt that. Although King Cobra had been painted before it was dismantled, it had its own reasoning behind it in the form of inferior steel (plus, maybe a few possible other reasons). Just because a coaster has recieved a fresh coat of paint doesn't mean anything spectacular is going to happen to said coaster. Like many have said, good paint is important in the same sense as someone with very sensitive skin wearing new layers of sunscreen at the beach. Anything is possible though.

I'm just waiting on the inevitable rumors spread by guests that Invertigo had been removed and replaced by an updated model, despite all the information and pictures posted by Don on Facebook.......

They are, however, updating it, as this was posted a short bit ago:

394110_10150799888078368_155893938367_12381641_88541132_n.jpg

Painters spent today putting the finishing touches on the new aqua-colored track on the Invertigo roller coaster. Painting of the supports to royal blue also began this afternoon.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150799888078368&set=a.226729858367.174830.155893938367&type=1&theater

I do say, I like the light blue/red combo that it has at the moment, it reminds me of Serial Thriller and is very striking. I'm sure the light blue on dark blue will look much more calm.

That's the slogan for Stinger at Dorney Park, not Invertigo at Kings Island.

Probably 90% of the patrons of Dorney Park won't even known it's an old ride from a park in California, and those who do won't care much about the slogan since it was called "Invertigo" from its opening day at Paramount's Great America. Only Kings Island's was called "FACE/OFF."

Invertigo opens at Paramount's Great Amerca (1998) -----> moved to Dorney Park / repainted / renamed Stinger (2012)

FACE/OFF opens at Paramount's Kings Island (1999) -----> renamed Invertigo (2008) ------> repainted (2012)

I wouldn't be surprised if they renamed our Invertigo to Stinger, as well. All it would take is one additional sign being made. The park map is already being changed anyway to reflect the new colors, so a new label would be simple. Then, just like that, the ride would have an all-new identity. Wouldn't necessarily match Action Zone, but I don't think that's a priority (or at least, it wasn't under the old regime).

Thinking outside the box here...but IF (as some here have speculated) Action Zone is due for a re-theme/makeover the Stinger name could fit theme wise with Congo Falls if some sort of new jungle themed area were to be created.

Prior to 1999, that area did have a jungle theme. Congo Falls is what remains of it, and Adventure Express was annexed to the Oktoberfest section when the Paramount Action Zone debuted.

The problem is, that would require new identities for Flight Deck, Drop Zone, Delirium, Thunder Alley, and Invertigo (and Son of Beast?), plus substantial landscape changes. Just adding enough pre-grown trees to justify a jungle theme would seem way out of budget, especially when that money could be spent elsewhere. You're right that a scorpion and jungle river right next to each other would make sense, though...

My thought (fantasy is probably a better word) was more along the lines of only a part of the area being rethemed. Rename Invertigo, add some more foliage, re-theme the eatery (whose name currently escapes me) and you could have a nice little area. Little being the key word there. Will it happen? No, but these are the sorts of thoughts the off-season brings.

Anyone else see that Worlds of Fun is painting their Boomerang as well? Don't know what colors yet but I called it.

http://www.worldsoff...-Springlike-Day

In an answer to one of the questions posted under the blog entry they state that it will be re-painted its original colors.

GYK: Drop Zone?

What's that?

Drop zone (n.): an area into which paratroopers, soldiers, or suppliers are landed from an aircraft for a military operation. Abbreviation: DZ.

But really, that's one of the few "new" names I won't concede to.

Invertigo is a Vekoma Invertigo. Drop Tower is a Drop Tower. While we're at it, Top Gun ought to have been named Suspended Coaster. It's just silly, and to me, remains a testament to the lack of vision at Cedar Fair [of old]. I absolutely refuse to consider that a group of people came together in a room and truly decided that the best alternative to the name "Top Gun: The Jet Coaster" was "Flight Deck." It's just not possible. And in fact, I imagine that there was no group of people together in a room. Someone just placed the order for a new sign coming up with the most generic replacement they could think of. Drop Tower is no different.

And in my (flawed and biased) opinion, it does matter. Drop Zone: Stunt Tower had torches, a dramatic and chaotic logo lording over the plaza, etc. Drop Tower removed the torches (why?), replaced the once-powerful logo with a cartoonish, dropping "o," etc. It's little things, but somehow I truly think it matters. It has nothing to do with the movie, in my opinion. I'd guess that most people polled wouldn't know a movie called Drop Zone ever existed, much less connect it to the ride at their local amusement park.

End rant.