Greg Scheid on Twitter

KIfan73

Ah, but that is not always true. I remember in 2006-07 everyone knew Maverick's details and layout before the announcement. Even last year we all knew about WindSeeker. Stuff does come out.

But how many wrong claims are there for each right one?

And none of us really knew about WindSeeker. It was just easy to guess since Cedar Point, Knott's Berry Farm, and Canada's Wonderland had all announced theirs when suddenly there became last minute scuttlebutt that Kings Island would receive something medium-sized...

The point is, do we think pizzababy / dreamer / whatever is indeed ahold of insider information?

• Like 1

No, I don't believe that person has information. I was just pointing out that info does leak, and quite often.

To clear things up, I was talking about Cedar Point's WindSeeker. I realize now I didn't say that, but Cedar Point's WindSeeker was known about a month before the announcement.

True, but I think that was more in line with people noticing the trademark filing for the name "Stratosoar" and quickly surmising that Cedar Point would get a 400-foot StarFlyer (which, of course, ended up not being the case, but close enough). That's not so much a leak as it is a guess based on investigative work.

For example, if Disney does end up building the multi-ringed carousel that Terp posted the trademark filing of earlier this week, it doesn't mean Disney's plans leaked. It means someone found a patent filing, then Disney actually used its own patent to build an attraction. For information to "leak" implies to me that it was well guarded, but someone on the inside secretly let it slip. For example, the recent "leak" of Universal Studios Florida's Harry Potter land. But finding a public patent or trademark that speaks for itself doesn't mean the same thing, in my opinion.

People like pizzababy try to "leak" information that they got from unreliable sources to begin with, causing mass confusion on sites like Facebook and mass eye-rolling on sites like this one.

• Like 1

I'm constantly amazed that people seem to think that nothing ever leaks out, especially now that enthusiasts are on to finding capital improvement applications that parks are required to make to local zoning admin or whoever deals with that stuff.

Just saying, because I don't really have a point

And again, a park filing a zoning permit to build a roller coaster is not a "leak." That's a publicly-accessible document that clearly states the park's intentions. Same with anything visually accessible.

Verbolten's information wasn't "leaked" when people guessed (correctly) that it's "America's first" element was drop track, and it's information wasn't "leaked" when people got pictures of its drop track. It wasn't "leaked" thereafter when Facebook fans Googled the ride's name and saw pictures of that drop track, then spouted it out on Facebook as though they were insiders (even though it probably felt like a "leak" to those Facebook fans who don't know any better). It certainly wasn't "leaked" when the park announced the drop track on the recent construction tour, and it won't be "leaked" when people standing in line rant and rave to their friends about how cool the drop track is.

Now, if we saw Cedar Fair's financial plan for the next five years and saw the roller coasters that it planned to scatter across its parks, that would be a leak. Information that was not supposed to be seen ends up being seen, and in far more detail than a park would probably prefer.

That's in my opinion, at least.

So around here, users can be blocked, then return with two, three, four, infinite different user names freely? I'll be the first to say I don't like this or think it's conducive to a very bright atmosphere here...

Secondly, Rivertown was entirely remodeled. Then Planet Snoopy. Then Coney Mall. Action Zone is literally the last sizable themed area in the park, so it's quite obvious to most everyone here that it would soon receive the repainting / repaving work that the rest of the park got just to maintain the infrastructure that is now "the norm." You divined nothing. And worse, the guesses you did make were paired with outlandish Son of Beast fodder that circulates well on the park's Facebook, but has no place here.

The reason you were banned - if I were to venture a guess - is because you're an outrageously loud know-it-all who is no more informed than the least informed of us here. Pizzababy, Dreamer, or whatever the third one is... You really submit no more positive, constructive conversation here than the worst of the Facebook users spouting things they heard from friends of friends and pretending that being a seasonal, minimum wage employee at an establishment affords you inside information on the inner workings and multi-million dollar decisions.

For example, if I work at Taco Bell, no one comes down from the home office to personally give me tidbits of information, giving me insight into tens of millions of dollars of financial information and telling me everything that the Taco Bell corporation has planned for the next five years. Even if they did, how long ago was your tenure at the park? Because there's a new head honcho in town, so even if you did overhear something from an actually credible source (read, not another seasonal employee working a food stand), then there's every chance in the world that the plan has changed.

You contribute so little here, and you seem intent on sticking around despite official removals just so that you can continue to cause unease and discomfort. Is it not obvious enough that your current style of communication has won you no victories and earned you no friends? So why continue...?

I have noticed KI has disabled fans postings on their FB page

I have noticed KI has disabled fans postings on their FB page

They haven't. It's just not as noticeable with the new "timeline" layout for pages. On the right side (third box down) you'll see "Recent Posts by Others on Kings Island". In addition, if you click "Highlights" (top center above the timeline boxes), you can select "Posts by Others" to see what others have posted.

Guest rcfreak339

All the GMs have Twitter because I have Greg's Personal Twitter that I follow to. its a Thing Matt wants so he can see how the guest Experience is :) Pat Jones has one to from KD She's a Crack up if you have not met her in real life shes not use to her Iphone 4s yet lol!! and she's coming from a Blackberry Curve!!

From this quote it sounds like you don't know how to use a cell phone either.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Did you also see the all new food items they will have in the park as well? This is including Coca-Cola Freestyle Machines.

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/what-s-new/new-upgraded-food-options

I'm excited about the offers! I have to wonder what they could possibly offer, maybe food coupons or free fast lanes? The one tweet that sounded interesting was the new 18" churro! Almost every park I visit these days has them, and I can't resist them! :)

• 2 weeks later...