Greg Scheid on Twitter

KIfan73

He might've meant you can get into the park and get more rides than ever on your favorite attractions. It may still only be two attractions.

Posted on the KI FB page today.

More details to come, but wanted to share with our Gold & Platinum season passholders that you will be able to enjoy one (1) hour of early ride time every public operating day this year, with an expanded lineup of rides!

Kings Island are getting Coke Freestyle machines for this season. With what these machines cost does anybody else think Coke is here to stay?

Not trying to look too far into this like people are with Invertigo's paint job. Just putting stuff together.

THe freestyle Coke machine sounds awesome. I wonder what they will charge. $4.00-$5.50 for a 20oz?

I've always wanted to try one of these! can't wait. but yeah hopefully they aren't too expensive

Yeah, they are an awesome machine, and give you many choices.. but the main issue with them.. is only offering one valve to get your desired beverage from. With the "old-style" fountain machines.. if you are getting Coke, and someone wants Diet Coke.. they just hop up beside you and use the Diet Coke nozzle.

Not to mention that most partrons take much longer, choosing, playing, tasting, and refilling. I don't see self service Freestyle working in a park environment unless the drinks are very expensive or not self serve. 95 drinks an hour is also the rated maximum capacity.

http://fastfood.ocregister.com/coca-cola-freestyle-test-locations-in-socal/

Not to mention that most partrons take much longer, choosing, playing, tasting, and refilling. I don't see self service Freestyle working in a park environment unless the drinks are very expensive or not self serve. 95 drinks an hour is also the rated maximum.

http://fastfood.ocregister.com/2009/07/21/video-coca-cola-freestyle-demo-how-it-works/29053/

http://fastfood.ocregister.com/2009/07/20/coca-cola-to-test-freestyle-100-drink-beverage-bar-in-oc/28765/

Can't say I'm a big fan of these machines. I went to try Firehouse Subs a few months back and they had one. The whole novelty of it was cool and I liked all the different kinds of drinks you could make, but the machine itself was disgusting. You could tell it needed to be wiped down and there were hints of what the last customer had in my drink.

Regardless, I'm happy to see the emphasis on food coming this year. These machines are still pretty rare and unique in this area, just another thing that will make the KI experience unique. I never understood why as theme parks became more like corporate chain locations, they de-emphasized the food. The food should be part of the "experience."

Fresh, never frozen burgers are nice, but come on - get some German food in the FestHaus! Have you seen the lines for food at Oktoberfest? Potato pancakes, sausage, saurkraut - get some of that going!

Edit to clraify: Oktoberfest as in the event downtown, not the area of the park.

Skyline is a local favorite so is LaRosas (why? I'll never know), but the locals can get these things anywhere and the visitors can get their hand stamped and have those products much cheaper and with good, full service down the street.

Instead of any rides in a season, I'd rather see them make International Street "international" again, but this time really emphasize the area's local heritage.

• Like 7

That's a very good thought TRFTW, I had not thought about the fact they have those self service machines in there.. There are also self serve machines in the International restaurant, and the backyard barbecue. Now that I mention backyard barbecue, hasn't there been mention of the picnic grove receiving some improvements?