Joncars05

I want to know if anyone else has any goals for the 2012 season for KI and other theme parks... My 2012 goals are as follows:

1. Ride the Diamondback 75 times this year.

2. Get "Inverted" 300 times this year. (should be easy with Invertigo, Vortex, and FoF)

3. Ride all of the flats at KI for the first time.

4. Ride The Voyage, The Legend, and The Raven, 10 times at night (Holiwood Nights)

5. Add 3 new theme parks to my parks visited list. (Busch Gardens, Indiana Beach, Cedar Point)

6. Add 15 more roller coasters to my ride list.

I hope I can knock the first three off the list this summer for sure. But we will see. Let me know what your goals are for this year. I want to see what other people have planned for this year!

I want to know if anyone else has any goals for the 2012 season for KI and other theme parks... My 2012 goals are as follows:

2. Get "Inverted" 300 times this year. (should be easy with Invertigo, Vortex, and FoF)

4. Ride The Voyage, The Legend, and The Raven, 10 times at night (Holiwood Nights)

5. Add 3 new theme parks to my parks visited list. (Busch Gardens, Indiana Beach, Cedar Point)

I hope I can knock the first three off the list this summer for sure. But we will see. Let me know what your goals are for this year. I want to see what other people have planned for this year!

7. Ride every roller coaster at KI during the night.

I've got three main goals:

* ride all of the "big" new for 2012 coasters in the US and Canada (Wild Eagle, Verbolten, Skyrush, Leviathan, X-Flight...I probably won't get around to the new coaster at Discovery Kingdom unless something unexpectedly comes together)

* ride the coasters that opened in 2011 (Wooden Warrior, new Texas Giant, and Green Lantern at SFMM)

* beat 3 Point Challenge at least half of the parks I visit this year

I don't really have any goals for myself this year since money's tighter than it was last year, when I was able to visit more parks than ever before and got my milestone 100th coaster credit, Lightning Racer (Thunder side), and I'm now up to 117. I plan on getting my 118th with Wild Eagle, but for now that's looking like the only new one for me this year. So just having fun with family & friends is my main goal in the parks this year...

... except for when it comes to GatorGirl. Last year she got her milestone 10th coaster credit, Space Mountain, and now she's up to 16. Not bad for being 6 years old at the end of last season. This year, she will be breaking that magical height requirement, 48". So, depending on how things work out, we could possibly get her up to the next milestone, 25 coasters.

1) Introduce three of my best friends and my mother to Disneyland Resort this May.

2) Not cry during World of Color, but bait my friends into crying.

3) Take plenty of photos of us, not rides.

4) Not stress out about wait times, closures, or prices, but simply enjoy the short time I have with the people who mean so much to me.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

1) Wood coaster credit #50 (need 2 more).

2) Steel coaster credit #150 (need 14 more).

3) Overall coaster credit #200 (need 12 more, have 4 liquid coaster credits).

4) Park credit #35 (need 5 more).

5) Get my 1,000 "career" Diamondback ride(need around 50 more).

6) Visit KI for the 300th time since I moved to Ohio in 2007 (need 40 more visits, currently averaging 52 a year).

7) Leviathan

Tylersville Road is a few miles west of KI, but quite easy to get to - just head south on KI Drive, hang a right on Western Row Road and keep going west.

I'm not sure when the Jack in the Box is supposed to open. When the news first came out a couple months ago, they were saying that it would probably open sometime in the summer. I'm sure we'll hear more about it as they get closer to opening since it's the first one in this state.

My Goals for KI 2012:

1) Take at least 1000 photographs to play with in the off season on Photoshop

2) Encourage my fiance' that rides without over the shoulder harnesses are just as safe. (she won't ride The Beast) :(

3) Learn how to swim to enjoy the new Soak City with my new family.

4) And watch all the shows in the park at least once and try potatoe works....Never had it.

• 2 months later...

Seeing as it is the middle of July I just wanted to check in and see how is everyone doing on their park goals so far this year?

1. 22/75

2.183/300

3. Not doing so hot this year (Haven't been on a flat yet :unsure:, I might just take a day and ride the flats instead of the coasters)

4. Accoplished. Voyage:21 Raven:11 Legend: 10

5. 1 out of 3 BGT is added. IB is planned

6. 8/15

Well, since my last post in this topic back in February, Mrs. Gator surprised me a few months ago and said "Let's go to Kennywood this year." So I hadn't originally planned on any new (to me) parks, but now we'll be getting a few new credits there next month.

And GatorGirl has gotten 13 new coasters this year, bringing her count up to 29 (so far). Ask her what her favorite ride is, and she'll tell you "The Beast at night!" Yeah, I'm a proud papa! :D

• Like 1

Well, I didn't originally post in this topic so I'll just lost what I have done so far.

Visited Discovery Cove, Sea World, Islands of Adventure, and Universal Studios in February. (First time I have ever been to Discovery Cove and IoA)

Visited Holiday World for the first time ever in June.

Have been to Cedar Point and Kings Island a total of 10 times, so far, including a VIP tour at KI.

And finally on August 13th, Coasterfanatic2012 and I will be taking a road trip to Canada's Wonderland and will be stopping at Niagra Falls on the way home.

And then of course many more trips to Cp and KI for Halloweekends/Haunt.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

7. Ride every roller coaster at KI during the night.

OK I know someone else posted a similar topic a little while back but I'm gonna post my results here since I am done visiting parks this year.

1. Only got to ride DB 42 times this year.

2. I was "inverted" 309 times this year. Inversion list as follows: Cheetah Hunt: 2 Kumba: 35 Montu: 28 Scorpion: 2 Sheikra: 5 Firehawk: 45 Flight of Fear: 48 Invertigo: 72 Vortex: 72

3. Fell a bit short on this one. I saved WindSeeker (idk if you would classify it as a flat, I would) for the end of the season, but it was closed when I was planning on riding it...

4. All of these rides are tremendous in the dark. If you cannot make it out to HW for Holiwood Nights make it to the halloween weekend events that they host. You will love their three coasters at night! Mission accomplished!

5. Added Busch Gardens Tampa to the list, IB and CP will have to wait until next year. It rained on the weekend we decided to go to IB and we now have platinum passes for CF so CP will be on the list next year for sure.

6. Added only 8 because of the limited travels this year.

7. I met this goal. DB and Beast are both awesome at night. Third on the list surprisingly is Adventure Express!

Hope you guys had a fun 2012, I know I did. If you had some goals list them here and let us know if you made them or not!

• Like 1

I've got three main goals:

* ride all of the "big" new for 2012 coasters in the US and Canada (Wild Eagle, Verbolten, Skyrush, Leviathan, X-Flight...I probably won't get around to the new coaster at Discovery Kingdom unless something unexpectedly comes together)

* ride the coasters that opened in 2011 (Wooden Warrior, new Texas Giant, and Green Lantern at SFMM)

* beat 3 Point Challenge at least half of the parks I visit this year

I ended up getting on four of the new coasters: Wild Eagle, Verbolten, Skyrush & X-Flight. Skyrush was definitely the best of the bunch and if they get the restraint issues sorted out it likely will be in my top 5. The wing coasters were fun (I preferred Wild Eagle to X-Flight). Verbolten was just a more elaborate Backlot Stunt Coaster. It's a coaster Busch needed and was well-received by the GP but was by far the weakest of the new for 2012 crop IMO.

I did have a chance to ride Green Lantern at SFMM but skipped it due to the long line. New Texas Giant will be on the agenda next year in conjunction with the opening of Iron Rattler at Fiesta Texas. Wooden Warrior...well, we'll get there eventually!

I did fall just short of the beat 3 Point Challenge goal (8 of 17 parks). My friend did manage to get a few of those runs on video though so that was cool (thanks Dave!).

• Like 1