Songs That Remind You of KI

xXDrummerKiDXx

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j_i0KxjtDH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Modest Mouse- Dashboard reminds me of the Diamondback. I was so nervous the first time I was in the queue for this ride (HH Saturday night) this song calmed me down mainly because MM is awesome and took my mind off of what I was about to do haha.

Another one came to mind while I was driving back to work from lunch today. I heard a song by Red Hot Chili Peppers, and I got to thinking about other songs by them and their song "Zephyr" popped into my head. Easy to guess what ride I think of when I hear that song.

And in typing this, there's another song by them that makes me think of the park. It wasn't their's originally, but both the Peppers' cover and Ohio Players' original of "Love Rollercoaster" is it.

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot of some songs that i have forgotten to mention

Boys of summer - Don Henley

Barracuda - heart

Big Yellow Taxi - Counting Crows

King of Anything/Love Songs - Sara Bareilles

Heat Is On - Glen Frey

Kiss me/There She Goes - Sixpence

The best in music for one of the best parks in my personal top 10

Maybe I just don't pay attention, but there really aren't that many songs I relate to Kings Island. I know music is always playing, but the only place I ever listen/hear it to remember is on the train.

My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion (Titanic...)

I can't help but assume that for Gator, this song/movie soundtrack reminds him of The Beach more than KI :)

• Like 1

The Paramount movie soundtracks definitely invoke KI memories, and I always strangely think of walking through International Street to the tune of the Indiana Jones theme. Top Gun songs for obvious reasons. There have been countless songs I remember listening to on the way to, or hearing in line from QTV, or even just songs I used to listen to to psyche myself up for riding rides that I was scared of.

Well, there's Right Now by Van Halen, due to my utter surprise early last season when I learned that Drop Tower played one of my favorite songs of all time. Then there's Wheel in the Sky by Journey, which I still think should be in WindSeeker's lineup :P

And Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams, because the feelings he describes in that song describe to a tee my summer of 2010, and my fond memories at KI that year. 2011 was just not as good for me, maybe because of my bi-weekly trips not seeming quite as special as the 3 I enjoyed in 2010. That, and 2011 was when I lost my coaster buddy and KI was never the same after that. We shall see what 2012 brings in that regard. Anyway, lastly, I think the theme from Chariots of fire should go in my list too, because when I ride the first drop on The Beast, I can picture it in slow-mo with that music playing, lol.

"ray of light" - modonna , I remembering the music video playing while in line for WWC back in 98 i think.

also, "Wannabe"- spice girls, and "no Rain" -blind melon. I also rememer these music videos playiing while in line. Not real sure on the year but everytime i hear them, reminds me of Kings Island.

also, "Wannabe"- spice girls

They continued to play that video through the early and mid 2000s. I think the last time I saw the video was 2007 (2006 for sure). That song/video really does bring back a lot of KI memories.

I Want You by Savage Garden....anyone who had to spend extended period of time out in Boomerang Bay its first couple years should look it up and see if it jars some memory, lol. And for some strange reason "Spanish Harlem" by Ben E King (imo one of the most beautiful songs I ever heard) makes me think of KI now..

Curious anyone know who it was that sung the version of Waltzing Matilda that played in the water park? Now THAT would really make me think of KI, every once in awhile it still pops into my head.

A few more that remind me of KI:

"Learning How to Fly" by the Foo Fighters

"A Baby Changes Everything" by Faith Hill

"Show Me What I'm Looking For" by Carolina Liar

The first two are frequently heard in DB's queue line, while I heard the last one on I-Street one day as I was leaving the park.

^ Are you referring to "Learn to Fly" or do they have another song called learning how to fly also?

Yes, it is "Learn to Fly". I even Googled it first and saw references to a "learning how to fly", so I guess many people get the title mixed up (I'm not that familiar with the band).

• 4 weeks later...

Obviously Van Halen's Right Now after my first ride on DT I kept singing it throughout my day at KI, and when I walk around the park from ride to ride I am the type of person who zones out constantly so I don't hear any music just screams, lifts clanking, and the wind coming down after the people on DT. So if that counts as music then the whole atmosphere of KI!

^^ They played that non stop. It was probably the most annoying thing I've ever heard.

Yes...I mean at least they could have gotten another couple songs to play...

Also, now every time I hear Calendar Girl (not much, hah), it gives me chills...

• Like 1

"Pocketful of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield (played in Nick Universe a few years ago), "Vertigo" by U2 (Invertigo station last season...over and over!), "Use Somebody" by Kings of Leon (Diamondback line a few years ago), and some of the reoccuring background music on Spongebob (the music used in Spongebob 3D - I miss that!). I love how music can make you feel like you are somewhere else completely - especially when it's related to great times at KI! :)