Coasting for Kids 2012

jcgoble3

Below is the official announcement from Kings Island pertaining to "Coasting For Kids" at Kings Island.

KINGS ISLAND IS “COASTING FOR KIDS”

Coaster marathon on The Racer June 10 to benefit Give Kids the World

Kings Island, Ohio – The thrill of a roller coaster ride at Kings Island will have a whole new meaning Sunday, June 10, when Kings Island hosts “Coasting for Kids 2012” to raise money for Give Kids the World (GKTW), a Central Florida non-profit resort that provides cost-free, week long vacations to children with life-threatening illnesses and their families.

The fun-filled event is in its third year at Kings Island and a company-wide effort at all eleven Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN) amusement parks. Kings Island fans and roller coaster enthusiasts alike will enjoy a day filled with riding The Racer over and over again from 8:00am until 5:00pm. All participants are encouraged to raise at least $75 for Give Kids the World to take part. Prizes will be given to the top three fundraisers, including a VIP Tour for up to four guests as the grand prize.

All participants receive complimentary admission to Kings Island, a “Coasting for Kids” t-shirt, lunch and unlimited rides on The Racer.

The Racer has given more than 96 million rides since 1972 – the most in park history. In addition to being considered an important part of the coaster renaissance of the 1970’s, The Racer was the site of several world record riding attempts and is notable for its appearance in the “Cincinnati Kids” episode of The Brady Bunch, filmed at the park in 1973.

Anyone interested in participating in the event can go to www.firstgiving.com/gktw/KingsIsland to register. All participants must raise at least $75 by June 9 to take part in the June 10 event. Space is limited.

To learn more, interested participants can call Give Kids the World at (407) 396-1114 ext. 4504, e-mail dream@gktw.org or log on to www.gktw.org.

Kings Island is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded partnership that is listed for trading on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “FUN.” In addition to Kings Island, Cedar Fair owns and operates ten other amusement parks, six water parks, one indoor water park resort and five hotels. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in Gilroy, Calif. under a management contract.

A picture from last years Coasting For Kids event with the participants who raised the most in contributions.in the front seat was sent with this announcement.

0_0_1e6d9c8fcd29e456945ba6ba0f47288f_1.jpg

Got an email from Don saying that registration is open. He confirmed that there will be a behind the scenes tour of The Beast after the event at 5:30 pm, as well as the opportunity to take the last ride of the night on The Beast. My fundraising page is linked in my signature.

Almost a week in and we just about up to $10K! We've already got 11 Kings Island registrants. Let's see if we can get that number to skyrocket! :-)

http://coastingforkids.org/

If you can't or don't want participateate, but would still like to help out, maybe you could make a donation to my page:

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jason-hammond/CedarPoint

Or even one of the Kings Island participants:

https://www.firstgiving.com/gktw/KingsIsland/fundraisers

The KIC team for Coasting for Kids only has 5 members, but we are in 2nd place in donations right now! Here is list of KIC members and their pages if you would like to donate! Any KIC team member would love for a donation for our team. An even better way to help would be to join our team and participate in the event!

http://www.firstgiving.com/process/teamarea/default.asp?did=1785&teamid=182053

Thank you for everyone's support for this awesome event!

• Like 1

My mom is coming to the event with me, but she isn't participating. She would like to know if she will be able to come into the park with me, but she doesn't want to send me in without an adult. She has a Gold Pass but she's worried she won't be able to come in with me since she isn't signed up. Has this been an issue in the past?

My mom is coming to the event with me, but she isn't participating. She would like to know if she will be able to come into the park with me, but she doesn't want to send me in without an adult. She has a Gold Pass but she's worried she won't be able to come in with me since she isn't signed up. Has this been an issue in the past?

As always, call the park in advance for official word...but my guess is the park will totally understand your mother's feelings and let her walk back with you.

We now have 7 members on our KIC Coasting for Kids team! If you can't attend and ride with us, you can help us by re-posting the link we posted on the KIC FB page on your timeline, or the team KIC page link below and ask your FB friends to make a donation to our team! All of the team KIC members thank you for your support!

KIC FB page: http://www.facebook....ral/77137151722

Team KIC Coasting for Kids page: http://www.firstgivi...5&teamid=182053

I want to try and get a team KIC group picture this year and some interviews with KIC members at the event for a video!

Hey guys, I just wanted to say everyone is doing a great job with raising money for the Coasting for Kids event! All the parks combined are almost up to $20,000! We're hoping to raise a lot more. So, if anyone out there would love to get to ride a coaster all day for charity, check out the event page at the link below. If anyone is curious about how the fund raising works, I'd be happy to answer your questions.

http://www.coastingforkids.org/

Hey guys, I just wanted to say everyone is doing a great job with raising money for the Coasting for Kids event! All the parks combined are almost up to $20,000! We're hoping to raise a lot more. So, if anyone out there would love to get to ride a coaster all day for charity, check out the event page at the link below. If anyone is curious about how the fund raising works, I'd be happy to answer your questions.

http://www.coastingforkids.org/

holy crap, you have a lot of money already raised!!!

As always, call the park in advance for official word...but my guess is the park will totally understand your mother's feelings and let her walk back with you.

Thank you, my mom is going to check with the park when we go on opening day.

I'm going to look at doing it but I'm going to have to wait until after opening day to do it... I need to make sure I can ride on The Racer... I don't usually have a problem on it but i may have put on a little more winter weight than usual this year...

once i know i can ride ill be in!