old track pieces and zoo cages

Guest thekidwholives

Guest thekidwholives

hi guys, and gals, I wanted to ask whether you guys knew where the tracks for KC were in the park, i was wanting to see them, as long as i am not trespassing, as for the old animal cages, where could those be found?

Guest thekidwholives

Footings for King Cobra remain in the park and can easily be seen. The track and structure are long gone. There is money in metal recycling.

I have no idea what became of any cages for old animals. :)

where can the footlinings be easily seen?

Guest thekidwholives

You can see one of the cages while ridding Adventure Express and some of the footings in line also. While in line for Vortex look to the right just before you get to the buliding you see a footing from The Bat.

so, what part on Adventure Express and where do i need to look in line and on the ride? and ok ill check c:

It's pretty easy to see some of them from Delirium and Adventure Express.

where should i look from both rides?

Delirium occupies only a portion of the coaster site. You can see footings from various places within the park. Some of the remaining footings are quite tall.

what "various" places do you speak of?

^ If you're on Delirium, look at the ground, towards Adventure Express. If you're on Adventure Express, look at the ground in the direction of Delirium. There are several concrete pads as well as square footers on that ground from KC.

If you're in line for AE, there are several tall footers near that area lining a maintenance road. I think those are either from King Cobra or the Wild Animal Safari monorail, but I'm not sure which. I'm sure someone else here can say for sure.

• Like 1

Guest thekidwholives

^ If you're on Delirium, look at the ground, towards Adventure Express. If you're on Adventure Express, look at the ground in the direction of Delirium. There are several concrete pads as well as square footers on that ground from KC.

If you're in line for AE, there are several tall footers near that area lining a maintenance road. I think those are either from King Cobra or the Wild Animal Safari monorail, but I'm not sure which. I'm sure someone else here can say for sure.

this is going to sound dumb, but how do i look torward the ae from Delirium, when im spinning and swinging and screaming like a little girl, and also, on ae, what part of the ride should i start looking.

King Cobra footers from AE queue path:nevermind.

2006-kingcobra1.jpg

the red things to the right of tht building?

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

Do you know what people are talking about when they say footings?

This is what everyone is talking about:

75339311.jpg

kc2p.jpg

What does Mr. Crosby have to do with this?

Terpy, who once yahooed (heck, he Alta Vistaed, excited, and even once saw America online....)

Keyword: Kings Island

• Like 6

Guest thekidwholives

King Cobra footers from AE queue path:nevermind.

2006-kingcobra1.jpg

the red things to the right of tht building?

618px-JeanLucPicardFacepalm.jpg

Do you know what people are talking about when they say footings?

This is what everyone is talking about:

75339311.jpg

kc2p.jpg

What does Mr. Crosby have to do with this?

Terpy, who once yahooed (heck, he Alta Vistaed, excited, and even once saw America online....)

Keyword: Kings Island

two can play that game, next time, open your eyes a little. lololllll.png

...and the trains ended up at Kings Dominion, where parts of them can be found on Shockwave.

I wonder if Canada's Wonderland ever makes a call to them for something they need for Skyrider. I can imagine it would be quite difficult to get NOS Togo parts anymore. I'm sure many of the parts are updated, retrofitted, or re-manufactured, but there are always those select few parts that when yours needs replaced, you know you're in a bind. I know the Disney Parks trade hard to find or expensive parts all the time. I assume it would be the same for other park franchises.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

As of now, there aren't any more King Cobra footers remaining. King Cobra has been completely replaced the new ride "Banshee," at Kings Island.

Also, the trains that belong to King Cobra were moved to Kings Dominion in 2009. They are located behind the Flight of Fear ride. The trains can be seen by Google Earth/Maps, trespassing (Highly not recommended,) or looking towards the back of the Flight of Fear as soon as you exit the launch tunnel in the ride, "Volcano the Blast Coaster."

An update on the trains: From what I've noticed from my last visit to Kings Dominion is that the King Cobra trains look like they do not have their set restraints on. (I saw the trains on the Volcano the Blast Coaster, so it was a bit hard to identify every single detail.) Also, when I got to the ride Shockwave, the restraints were either repainted from yellow to black (With a bit of yellow emphasizing the handlebars,) or the old Shockwave restraints were replaced with King Cobra's. This is a theory. Please don't interpret it as a fact. That's about it with the trains. Also, if you don't know what the ride "Shockwave," is, it is a TOGO stand-up rollercoaster. It looks almost like the King Cobra, but without the banked track part. (Tricktrack.) Look it up yourself for more information.

As for SkyRider at Canada's Wonderland... That ride has been removed from the park. It has been relocated to an amusement park called Cavalinno Matto, in Italy. (You could probably tell by the name.) From what I've heard there is no new name for SkyRider, but it doesn't posses the name "SkyRider" anymore. It was either named after the park or it doesn't have a name as of now. (This is fairly new information, correct me if I'm wrong.)

• Like 4

As of now, there aren't any more King Cobra footers remaining. King Cobra has been completely replaced the new ride "Banshee," at Kings Island.

There actually are still some King Cobra footings. The big ones that formerly bordered the maintenance road are indeed gone, but footings from the turn-around at the top of the lift-hill remain.

dPNo4E0.png

You can see the big rectangular slabs that create a half-circle, between the maintenance road and Adventure Express. Photo courtesy of Bing.

5ZfEGRq.jpg

The footings are not visible with the foliage, but it's clear that area was untouched by Banshee's construction. Photo courtesy of Google Earth.

• Like 4

Also, the trains that belong to King Cobra were moved to Kings Dominion in 2009. They are located behind the Flight of Fear ride. The trains can be seen by Google Earth/Maps, trespassing (Highly not recommended,) or looking towards the back of the Flight of Fear as soon as you exit the launch tunnel in the ride, "Volcano the Blast Coaster."

An update on the trains: From what I've noticed from my last visit to Kings Dominion is that the King Cobra trains look like they do not have their set restraints on. (I saw the trains on the Volcano the Blast Coaster, so it was a bit hard to identify every single detail.) Also, when I got to the ride Shockwave, the restraints were either repainted from yellow to black (With a bit of yellow emphasizing the handlebars,) or the old Shockwave restraints were replaced with King Cobra's. This is a theory. Please don't interpret it as a fact. That's about it with the trains. Also, if you don't know what the ride "Shockwave," is, it is a TOGO stand-up rollercoaster. It looks almost like the King Cobra, but without the banked track part. (Tricktrack.) Look it up yourself for more information.

As for SkyRider at Canada's Wonderland... That ride has been removed from the park. It has been relocated to an amusement park called Cavalinno Matto, in Italy. (You could probably tell by the name.) From what I've heard there is no new name for SkyRider, but it doesn't posses the name "SkyRider" anymore. It was either named after the park or it doesn't have a name as of now. (This is fairly new information, correct me if I'm wrong.

Good explanation. If the restraints are indeed used for Shockwave, it'd be pretty cool to seem them again. (Sigh). As for the satellite image of the trains at the junkyard in KI, why were they outside? Weren't they stored inside the Flight of Fear?

• Like 1