Favorite Ride

Guest thekidwholives

Diamondback then Firehawk/Invertigo/FoF/Vortex/Beast/Racer. I can't choose I really like all of the rides but I would put Diamondback 1st and then the rest of the thrill ride list second. Not a big fan of flats but my goal is to try the ride all of the flats this year!

If we're counting rides that have been removed, then Tomb Raider: The Ride wins, hands down. There was nothing like it when it opened, and there's been nothing like it since. (Y'know, if my username wasn't enough of a giveaway.) When I was younger, I also very much liked the Flying Eagles and Antique Cars.

If not, I've got a very soft spot for Adventure Express and Viking Fury. When The Beast is running well, it's also one of my favorite aspects of Kings Island.

• 2 weeks later...

i have been around KI my whole life.

As a kid my favorite hands down was the hand pedal things you sat on. I remember always racing my cousin on them. A close second would be the big slide.

As a teen the flying Eagles. When that thing would snap and pop it was a big thrill.

Then I was introduced to The Vortex and thrill rides have concord since. This was my sons first big coaster. He was petrified the first time but when we got off he made me ride it 6 more times straight.

Now I have 2 favorites Drop Tower and Diamond Back in the front seat. Why the front seat? Well that is easy, its that first big hill. When you are hanging over the top looking down without being able to see the track there is no feeling like it.

Kings Isand and Miami Valley Railroad for sure. So relaxing. I just wish it got a bit more attention in the themeing department.

It hurts to ride the train anymore. It is just sad to see all that potential and what has happened to it. Looking at that fort with the weeds and trees consuming it is awful. Then the little village is barely a shell of its former self. When I was a kid and that had that guy in a wash tub and the water pouring over him was my favorite followed closely by the blacksmith. Now when you go through the village there is a golf cart thing sitting where the blacksmith was and I find myself telling my kids that this little village used to be so much better and how I wish they would at least try to do something with it.

• 2 weeks later...