What is your Expirience on The BEAST?

mccarthysnerd

Well, 4 years later (since my 1st post here) and with more rides under my belt, I still love Beast but have found some things about it. First up- having now visited the park a few times on far less crowded days, Beast is a ride I actually WANT to see a line for (though not TOO long of one)- when the train isn't full, it just doesn't seem as fast, and I actually was able to notice the trims when this was the case. This was obvious on my most recent trip where I rode Beast twice- first time there was no wait, and it was slower than usual, and later we rode again and there was a decent line and the ride was its normal self. Also during the daylight hours I would say I have been on a few coasters I liked even more (Diamondback, Banshee, and The Legend @ Holiday World and if it is running well and not super rough also The Voyage) but after dark, Beast obliterates everything I have been on so far. Also that final helix is awesome even on the somewhat "meh" rides- I can only imagine how crazy it must have been for those first few riders back in 1979 who rode it before its official debut during testing when it didn't have trims there! Granted the tunnels were not there until 1980...

Even if someday I do find a new favorite coaster (which is possible as I have only been to like 3 parks and KI is the biggest of those), Beast will still be the coaster that got me back into them after 9 years. And for that I will always have a soft spot for it.

• Like 6

I give pitty to the one who marks a 1 to demolish The Beast...The best experience on The Beast would probably be 3 experiences which are 1. riding The Beast 15 times without anyone else in the front seat, during the fall 2. A night ride in the front seat during HH 3. the first time i ever rode The Beast there was a deer right next to the track, which was actually fun

Alright, time to criticize my post and revise my opinions. Front seat rides during the Fall is incredible, I'll give my younger self that. But front seat night rides during HH? No, just no, front seat night rides with a full moon during the Summer is the best night rides period. My first ride did have a deer next to the track and that was pretty cool to have as my first ride on the coaster, but it doesn't make it greater in any retrospect. And to be honest here young BB1, you really didn't answer the whole question, so pitty on you, but I'll answer it for you because I now have more experience than you have.

1. "oh wow, this is actually a pretty cool coaster, I have never experienced anything like this before!"

2. Too many times to count my rides on the coaster, seriously I never did keep track but i'm up there for sure.

3. Of course I would ride it again, I ride it all the time when I am at Kings Island.

4. Legendary, period, no need to elaborate anymore than that.

• Like 1

I have been riding The Beast since 1980. Day and Night rides. But believe it or not my very best experience on The Beast was last year during Halloween Haunt. It was like most night rides on The Beast until we crested the 2nd hill. And I looked out over the park covered in fog from the fog machines. And it was a full moon on top of that.

I have rode this thing at least 1000 times but that one ride last October is the one I will always remember . I don't remember much from my 1st ride because I rode it with my eyes closed. But it still counts LOL.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I believe the POV's from 1979 are from test runs, which will run slower because of the weight of the trains and not being broken in yet. I never rode it until after the changes to the helix, but I imagine it is as or more intense today then it was in 1979. The problem people have with the trims is that they are noticeable if it was a less drastic change in speed then I think people would stop complaining about it.

• Like 2

I know I am in the minority, but I like the brake after the 2nd lift, before the tunnel.  Especially sitting in

front, it seems as if you slow some, but then are sped up right before the tunnel.

The Beast is all about emotions, at least for me.  It is nothing like FURY 325 or TTD as far as stats go, but it is and probably always will be my #1 coaster. 

• Like 2

A very good coaster.  I can only ride it once or twice a trip, as it really seems to rattle my bones something fierce.  The fact that it is still a record holder since 1979 tells a lot about it.

I would also say the best part is the location and atmosphere of the ride.  The mad crazed dash through we woods.  I sincerely hope that this never gets compromised.

About the only thing I recall from riding it in my youth is the long lines, the claws on the ground, and the placement of the drink and pretzel places along the 2 hour+ que route.  My best recent memory was from this year.  My wife, son, and myself all rode.  The weather was not great and I could feel a headache coming.  They wanted to ride again, so I told them to go ahead.  They got in the last car while I was at the exit to get some pictures.  No sooner than they dispatched and started heading up the him, it started to sprinkle.  I watched as the higher they got on the hill, the harder it rained.  I stood there with a huge smile and waited for them to return.  My wife loved it.  My son, not so much.

• Like 2

I remember my first ride. It was spring 1979. I rode it with my cousin Keith, God rest his soul, we rode somewhere near the middle of the train and I remember how our anticipation increased until we were sitting in our seat with the buzz bar pulled down. Then as it crest the hill I was terrified and Keith was whooping it up. I got that rush of adrenaline and about halfway down a second rush with a bit of terror...lol. The train flew into the shelter brake run and I remember the sound o squealing tires to slow us down but It seemed to go straight through and faster and faster. Then we went roaring through two quick back to back tunnels then a run away down hill to the second lift. My cousin was going ape crazy while I was thinking " oh no, there's more". There were skid brakes along the second drop and I distinctly remember slowing two or three times as we went down and about halfway down the brakes ended and took off like a bullet into the double helix. As we went into the final brake run my, cousin was ecstatic! I was shaken up... And then I got the question... "Want to do it again?" I was hooked and have been ever since. I have to thank my cousin for riding it with me for the first time and starting me on a life-long coaster journey... God bless you Keith!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...