Have you joined Save Son of Beast?

savesonofbeastfb

Have you guys heard of or joined the Save Son of Beast facebook page, or followed us on twitter? Please pass the word around we already have over 2,000 likes! Also give us a review on here, we have daily updates and polls almost everyday along with many updates concerning the park and other rides.

http://www.facebook....st/313135991408

http://twitter.com/#.../savesonofbeast

Save Son of Beast!

Join us on facebook and twitter!

You'll find many, many, many of the "naive" posters on Facebook willing to blindly get behind this cause because they want their big, tall, coaster back. Most of the members here are at least somewhat literate in terms of industry players, cost vs. benefit analyses, etc. People here don't just say, "YEAH MAN SAVE SOB SAVE SOB."

It's not that we know everything (because God knows we don't) but we do recognize that there's more to it than just putting the loop back and opening it. There's tens of millions of dollars worth of decisions to make on a ride that's already cost tens of millions of dollars. Then there's opinions of those in charge, the marketability of the ride even after a re-build, the safety of the ride, insurance rates, demolition vs. reconstruction, estimates from manufacturers... Even when we're not privy to the exact information, we're aware that those variables exist and thus look at it much more realistically than just "OMG BEST RIDE EVER OMGOMG YEAH MAN OPEN IT AGAIN."

An actual post from the "Save Son of Beast" Facebook page linked to earlier:

I commented on Cedar Fair's status about "your favorite ride that. Had someone hurt or killed on" or something like that and I said "Son of Beast…it should be fixed" and they said it may return in 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now, Cedar Fair's official Facebook page had a status asking for people to comment on "their favorite ride that [someone had been] hurt or killed on." And when this poster said "Son of Beast," Cedar Fair replied that it may return in 2014...

Is there a quadruple facepalm I can borrow?

This is also why I have often rallied for people here to just stay away from Kings Island's Facebook. It's much, much, much simpler that way. Let them believe what they need to. No reason for us to get bent out of shape trying to fight that. Also, someone suggested that Bluegrass Boardwalk might be in talks to buy Son of Beast from Kings Island. Over and out, guys...

• Like 1

Im not behind this just to say oh this is my favorite ride lets re-open it! Trust me I understand everything concerning the ride and the situation with this, the page has been around for over 2 years. No one knows the fate of the ride, so anything can happen.

The mere thought that a FaceBook page could have even the slightest impact on the fate of the ride is laughable in the extreme. May as well write down one's desires on a small piece of toilet tissue and place it in an open gutter during a violent hail storm.

And yes, someone knows.

• Like 1

Many thanks!

Again, savesonofbeastfb, I don't want to make you feel bad about what you're doing. There was a time when I very seriously started a petition to help improve The Crypt at Kings Island. I even began to get real responses from the park about an idea I had for an official enthusiast-based club. It fizzled out pretty spectacularly. The point is, those who are aware of discussions or decisions about Son of Beast won't be swayed by a fan-run Facebook page (where, observationally, many of the people commenting are people who have been blocked from Kings Island's official page). We're talking tens of millions of dollars no matter which decision is made, and you think 2,000 people on Facebook will be a deciding factor?

It's good that Son of Beast is an interest of yours, and good that you've created a community for that on Facebook. I only mean that I don't think you'll find much support here from people who understand that the $40 million already spent on Son of Beast and the $20 million (or more) additional that you're suggesting could do much better elsewhere... Even at a different Cedar Fair park!

You'd be hard pressed to find any reputable, knowledgable industry fans who would support your Facebook page. The "ignorant masses" are a good audience for entertaining Son of Beast discussions, not people who even marginally understand the many, many factors at work there. :ph34r:

• Like 1

@Matt: We are not sure about it yet, Mr.Dick Kinzel (use to be the president CEO) has trouble signing lots of death warrant, it may or maynot be possible, but if lucky they could leave it there until further notice, other than that, they will destroy it, it injured people with and without the loop, still dont know whats cauing this situation, you'll have to wait until later this summer to find out! You may ask one of the Kings Island employers for further details if you want to know badly!

WTF!!!

Why would the corporate facebook say this?? This almost admits fault for the 2009 incident.

Not to mention that basic common sense would have one believe that someone representing a multi-million dollar corporation would probably use pesky conventions of written language like complete sentences, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar.

But trust me: the people who read that will do as suggested and "ask one of the Kings Island employers for further details if [they] want to know badly!" And you better believe they'll just get more misinformation to continue the cycle.

Again, stay off Kings Island's Facebook. Stay off Facebook altogether, really..