What was your Expirience on King Cobra?

mccarthysnerd

I know that this is a little bit of a weird coaster to be asking about considering the fact that

it does not exsist it Kings Island anymore but.....

What was your expirience on King Cobra, Kings Island's first and only stand-up coaster?

Did you enjoy it? Was it good enough that KI should add a newer style stand up coaster?

and what was your overall ride expirience from the ride staff to the ride itself?

I loved it, but as a tall person, it was a painful experience. Basically, you "stood" as you sat on a bicycle seat. It would "ride up" so to speak. Then they harness went over your shoulders, forcing you down. Yes, onto the seat even tighter.

There's a joke to be made about all this, and my friends and I make it all the time...but this is a nice, courtesy, familial place, and I shan't make it here. ;)

• Like 1

The ride was one of my favorites - the restraints weren't the easiest to get into, but if you followed the directions, they weren't painful.

The ride had some nice elements

- the drop seemed to whip you upper body over

- the loop put pressure on your legs

- the helix was fun (especially trying to see the water)

- I also enjoyed the bunny hops and where the track leaned to the left the most (something so simple is more effective on a standup)

Wouldn't build another standup today - the novelty is gone and there are other experiences that would be fun to have at KI, but wish KC was still around.

I thought the ride was great, but Togo is gone and I've yet to ride a B&M that didn't suck.

Could not agree more.

King Cobra is still my favorite steel coaster from KI. I just loved going down the drop into that loop, catching crazy airtime over that first hill, the near 90 degree helix, airtime again and trick track. The only somewhat painful part was the last 2 tiny hills prior to the brake run.

Still like Gordon said, I haven't ridden either a B&M, Intamin, or Giovanola stand up coaster that wasn't terrible. Personally, I think stand up coasters are past their prime. I think it's a waste when there are so many other coaster options out there.

• Like 1

I absolutely loved KC, for the same reasons mentioned above. The first drop and the loop were fun, but that airtime hill after the loop was just insane. I remember always going to KC at the end of the day for walk-on rides between 9:30 and 10:00 and just going again and again. Definitely one of my favorite rides ever at Kings Island.

As far as the B&M stand-ups go, I actually like all of them, including Iron Wolf Apocalypse. They may be jerky and induce a lot of G's into your calves, but I like the layouts (especially Riddler's Revenge), and they do some crazy inversions.

• Like 1

I only rode it twice, but I remember enjoying KC (and it also has a special place in my heart as it was my first "real" coaster). I especially remember enjoying the overall theming of the ride/area as well. The only other stand-up I've ridden is Mantis at CP, but I liked that one, too.

I never got the chance to ride KC but I loved watching it as a kid. that was one of my favorite coasters to watch when my parents waked by it. Ive only ridden one stand up and that was mantis and i thought it was pretty fun actually. I know I'd like to see another stand up at KI but I doubt it would ever happen cause I dont know of a lot of people that actually like stand up coasters and the two times I have been to CP it only took me like a max of 10-15 min wait to get on.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved KC. It's by far my favorite stand-up. The front "seat" was the best, watching the track disappear beneath your feet as if you were walking/gliding on the rails. I never rode the clones SkyRider and Shockwave, because when I went to Wonderland and KD, KC was still operating so I just viewed a ride on those as redundant. Just one more reason (among many) to try to get to those parks again.

• 1 month later...

Cobra was my favourite steel coaster as well. In later years, it was always a quick queue and I loved the corkscrews. I remember when it was first built, I thought it was the scariest looking roller coaster I had ever seen and wouldn't ride it for a long time.

I also remember getting stuck on it once and repair guy walking the tracks out to us shaking his head! (we made it back, no probs)

The ride was one of my favorites - the restraints weren't the easiest to get into, but if you followed the directions, they weren't painful.

I think being 6'5" didn't help me! lol

I am 6'5 too, I didn't enjoy it at all. Btw, if, you are 6'5" do you ever get turned away from Delirium? I have rode it over 30 times, every once in a while a ride Op stops me(measures me) and tells me "I cannot ride" I explained, that I had already rode it that morning with no problems. Anyone had a similar experience?

I think being 6'5" didn't help me! lol

I am 6'5 too, I didn't enjoy it at all. Btw, if, you are 6'5" do you ever get turned away from Delirium? I have rode it over 30 times, every once in a while a ride Op stops me(measures me) and tells me "I cannot ride" I explained, that I had already rode it that morning with no problems. Anyone had a similar experience?

Delirium as well as a couple other rides have a max height limit.

Delirium has a 76inch max height limit, since you're 6'5 you go over that.