Barefeet...

ZukoGirl

I do not know if this has been asked before on here or not (sorry if it has). I searched and did not find not find anything on it. I am just curious. How come you cannot ride DB barefoot, but the other rides you can? I know why you cannot wear filpflops or other backless shoes.

Most attractions in the hard park require you to have shoes on when riding. Only those without floors (like Invertigo Blue: The Da-Ba-Deexperience and Drop Tower) or ones that run the risk of loose articles falling (Delirium and the former Crypt) are the ones in which riding barefoot/shoeless is optional. Granted, almost everyone I know who rides D-Back (myself included) can't touch the train floor with their feet, but the ride still has a floor.

Guest rcfreak339

I thought it was answered a while back. The reason for this is because the park doesn't want anyone's bare feet slipping into the space between the station floor and the train. The gap is small but someone could easily slip and get caught without shoes. Also in case of an evacuation...obviously you can't walk barefoot along the rock and dirt pathways. Every ride in the park (besides in vertigo, Drop Tower, Delerium and Great Ariel Cahse) requires shoes to ride, including the water rides.

This is why I do not wear shoes that can fly off into parks. Especially for DB. I'm short enough that I KNOW my feet would slip away, even from the 'feet down' position on the restraint. Better to have your shoes than feel a summer's breeze on your toes :P

The manufacture of rides do not say anything about shoes. The reason the park requires you to wear shoes on rides like Diamondback, Beast, Vortex, etc. is because in the event that there is a downtime and you get stuck in the midcourse break and subsequently need to be evacuated, you will be expected to walk down the stairs, then walk back to the ride via the access roads. Same goes with The Beast. How would you like to walk down The Beast's old, splintery lift steps barefoot, then walk the gravel road back to the station?

The ONLY rides that shoes are not required, are those in which there is a significant danger of their falling off during the ride; pretty much anything which dangles your feet.

• 10 years later...