Busch Gardens Tampa

Joncars05

My GF and I are going to Busch Gardens Tampa for the first time in 4 weeks (probably Mon April 2nd or Tues April 3rd) . We are looking for some advice and tips on what to see and do there. What are the possible crowd sizes/crowd problems, queue line lengths for rides, food prices, etc... Our plan is to try and ride every roller coaster at least two times. Other than that we are looking just to explore the park and have a good time. If anyone has advice or tips for us we would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

Crowd wise it should not be too bad.

Make sure you do the All Day Dining deal. Well worth the small upcharge.

Must do rides:

Coasters

Rhino Ralley

Congo River Rapids(If warm)

Round trip on the railroad

Sky Ride

Looping Pirate Ship

Animal Attractions:

Bird Gardens

Edge of Africa

Lory Landing

Myombe Reserve

Seregenti Plain

Walkabout Way

BGT is my favorite park in Florida. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Crowd wise it should not be too bad.

Make sure you do the All Day Dining deal. Well worth the small upcharge.

Must do rides:

Coasters

Rhino Ralley

Congo River Rapids(If warm)

Round trip on the railroad

Sky Ride

Looping Pirate Ship

Animal Attractions:

Bird Gardens

Edge of Africa

Lory Landing

Myombe Reserve

Seregenti Plain

Walkabout Way

BGT is my favorite park in Florida. Enjoy.

Are those animal attractions free? Also do you think its possible to fit all of this into a one day trip?

^To answer the first question, yes. You get to see all the animal attractions with the purchase of admission. Also you could probably do everything that you'd want to in one day if you manage your time well, but for a more relaxed, enjoyable time, two days would definitely be recommended.

Make sure to check out Cheetah Hunt, their new launched Intamin coaster, and let us know how it was!

Make sure to check out Cheetah Hunt, their new launched Intamin coaster, and let us know how it was!

I will certainly will let you know. I think I will write a trip report about our trip to BGT. Also I believe we are buying to two day online pass deal. So we will have the option of going twice when we are down there.

Make sure you do the 4d theater, very cool. I havnt been since 2006, but im pretty sure its still there.

We will look out for that theater. We have never been in a 4d theater before.

Thanks for all the tips so far. My GF and I are super pumped for this trip.

The water section is gone, but I still believe that it's worth a trip if the line isn't too bad. If time is more limited I'd definitely opt to skip it, but if time isn't an issue it's worth a spin IMO.

Busch is usually not terribly busy, but keep in mind that you'll be going during a week that many northern high schools will be on Spring Break. Most college Spring Breaks will be over by that time so that should help, but there's a lot of variability with crowd size there during that time. I checked Busch Gardens Tampa's website for their advance purchase Quick Queue and their rates for that time will be at their highest seasonal rates that week so I think they're forecasting higher numbers that week. Coincidentally I'll also be down there those two days so I'm also hoping that crowds will be at a minimum! Having said that...

As far as the coasters go you'll definitely want to get on Cheetah Hunt first and then Montu. After that it's really what you want to do. The three big B&Ms have good capacity (assuming the operations are good which is very hit or miss), so you may want to opt to do Rhino Rally, Scorpion & Cheetah Chase before those lines get too bad. Honestly though, you can't really go wrong as long as you get Cheetah Hunt out of the way early.

I'm not sure if you have tickets as of yet but here would be my recommendations:

* get your tickets online (or through AAA) no matter what. Admission lines take a while to get through at Busch even when there aren't a lot of people in line, so make sure you have your tickets in hand before you get to the park

* if you're 100% positive your visit is only going to be one day then I'd probably do the Play and Dine option (one day admission plus the All Day Dining deal) for $81.99. As an aside you can get this same ticket through AAA for $73.99

* if you think that you may do a second day your best bet is to do the one day ticket ($71.99) because that option allows you a second day free. You'll need to stop at Guest Relations before you leave the first day so you can re-enter on the same ticket the second day. Keep in mind that the one-day admission ticket for the Play and Dine option above is NOT valid for the second day free offer.