1978 Brochure

standbyme

78a.jpg

I noticed that the "Something fun..." slogan appears to be in the same font as the old Kings Island logo...is it a common/normal font?

78b.jpg

I thought it was odd that the artist chose to accentuate that Scooby was a costumed character and not the "real" Scooby running around.

(I also like seeing Dick Van Dyke on this brochure...it is one of the few things that my hometown has produced that is good.)

78c.jpg

I can't say as I like the outside of The Kings Island Inn better than it looks today.

78d.jpg

"Kings Island's Screamin' Demon- a super fast coaster that shoots you through a loop completely UPSIDE DOWN..." NO! Not upside down...that can't be possible! :P

78e.jpg

The lion in the tree is a cute photo. :)

78f.jpg

Fred & Barney had better talk to their doctors about the medication that they are on...it appears that they are retaining too much water.

78g.jpg

"Listen to a life-like Knute Rockne urging his players to "Win one for The Gipper"...that reminds me of what my grandparents & parents considered a compliment after coming home from a funeral, they would always say "Didn't he/she look so life-like". ;)

78h.jpg

I saw The Rolling Stones from the 11th row in that stadium! (It's only Rock N' Roll...but I like it!)

• Like 1

Loved the early year hours too always till 11pm, gave you more time in the evening, plus the mention of the enchated voyage again! What a ride of some sort and shape should come back maybe the clue would be the big empty shell of a building in River town!

Standbyme does it again. Man, this stuff is great!

I agree that the artist's depiction of the characters is a bit strange. It's almost as if there's no defining line between whether or not Scooby is a costumed character or if he's just put on weight. And the five fingers on a human hand connected to a dog?

Most of the photographs are excellent. I loved how parks like Kings Island used to not only have their own darkrooms, but their own photographers.

Guest TombraiderTy

The characters may look odd, but I enjoy the picture on the page with the park's areas.

Thanks for sharing this and all the others; they're all very interesting to look at :)