Quick Question

so, i was just wondering why obama is littering the website with campaign ads on the side bars and the bar above the 'KICentral' site banner. i come here to read about Kings Island and other related things, not to see his face.

edit: now there are even ones for santorum, someone else i'd rather not see while visiting the website.

Edited by coaster_junky

I'm not a mod, but I'm assuming that they'll accept ads for the site from any political candidate or organization, so long as said candidate or organization isn't associated with any discriminatory practices.

I'm not familiar with ValueClick, but Google does allow you some control over which ads get displayed on your site - there's a way to block ads from competitors (or other ads that you don't want your users to see, for instance, ads for dating sites on a site that wishes to remain family-friendly), and I believe you can also set it up so you have to approve every ad that gets displayed on the site.

If you don't want ads based on what you've visited, etc., you can opt out of that by clicking the "AdChoices" thing at the top of the ad.