Where is your Favorite Place to Eat While At KI?

mccarthysnerd

I love Skyline but the park's Skyline isn't the same, in my opinion. So I don't eat there.

But everyday it's something different. Although most of the time I go to Panda Express. I don't care how expensive it is...it's SO good!

The Skyline food served inside the park should be the same as outside. Except the fries are crinkle cut, for whatever reason.

Isn't Oscar's no longer so named?

That would be correct.

The difference is one location uses quality when preparing the food.

The previous CEO was known for saying, among other things, "People gotta eat." He never seemed to realize that food is a part of the experience, that people have choices, and among those choices is leaving the park and spending their food money elsewhere. The entire time they are not in the park, the park is losing spending opportunities.

Mr. Ouimet seems to get that. Better, higher quality food choices are likely coming.

Guest KingsIslandPR

There will be higher quality food choices this year, including fresh never frozen hamburgers in three locations, philly cheese steaks and all-beef hotdogs at Snake Pit, gluten free pizza at LaRosa's, and burritos, burrito bowls, tacos and nachos at Outer Hanks. Items like pretzels and funnel cakes will be higher quality, too.

• Like 8

There will be higher quality food choices this year, including fresh never frozen hamburgers in three locations, philly cheese steaks and all-beef hotdogs at Snake Pit, gluten free pizza at LaRosa's, and burritos, burrito bowls, tacos and nachos at Outer Hanks. Items like pretzels and funnel cakes will be higher quality, too.

Nice, but will we get reasonable prices as well? If the prices stay where they've been at for the past couple years, I will continue eating outside the park. $6 for a six-inch sub and $4 for a large drink is still preposterous (and those are just examples). The prices will need to come down to get me to eat in the park.

• Like 2

Nice, but will we get reasonable prices as well? If the prices stay where they've been at for the past couple years, I will continue eating outside the park. $6 for a six-inch sub and $4 for a large drink is still preposterous (and those are just examples). The prices will need to come down to get me to eat in the park.

If the quality of the food is going up, I would not also expect the price to lower as well!

Everyone who enters the gates should expect prices to be higher inside the park, just like buying things at a ball game or movie theater. I understand they are trying to make money. Hopefully the higher quality will make the extra expense a lot easier to swallow! :lol:

You are partially correct, but you're still missing my point. Paying more for higher quality is one thing, but I still expect to get what I pay for. Can you say with a straight face that a 32 oz. non-refillable soft drink is worth $3.99 + tax? Do you honestly believe that a six-inch Subway sub without half the bread options found in regular stores or the option to have it hot is worth $5.99 + tax? Can you honestly say that a basic hamburger is worth $7, even with fresh never frozen patties? I don't think so.

The point is that while, yes, prices are generally higher inside the amusement park/ballpark/movie theater, that's not a reason to commit felony assault on the money compartment of my fanny pack. They can make money without raising the prices to preposterous levels. If the prices come down to reasonable levels (let's say $2.50, maybe $3 for that 32 oz. drink; $4.50 for the six-inch subs that sell as a $5 footlong outside of the park, which are $3.75 at my local Subway; and $4, maybe $4.50 for the hamburger), then I'd be willing to pay the little bit extra for the convenience of not having to leave the park. Until then, I'll take my money elsewhere.

I usually end up at RJ if open. Then I am right next to DB when done, an't go wrong there!

I am excited about the new food items this year. Everyone's place may change during this season as we experience the new choices throughout the park!

But wouldn't you get full and puke on Diamondback?

Never in the park long enough to eat, maybe a blue ice-cream for me and the boy, a slice of LaRosa's and a MtDew for the wife. Then it's off to Frishe's or Skyline down the street.

How do you pull that off since Mt Dew isn't served at the park? ;)

She brings it in with her, and is another reason to leave the park for food and drink.

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking forward to the higher quality food choices. I understand that the prices are going to be high in an amusement park but the quality was so low I didn't eat in the park very often. I would have a snack or blue ice cream then eat on the way home. I will probably give the new items at Outer Hanks a try on my first visit.

I usually end up at RJ if open. Then I am right next to DB when done, can't go wrong there!

I am excited about the new food items this year. Everyone's place may change during this season as we experience the new choices throughout the park!

But wouldn't you get full and puke on Diamondback?

I have never had a problem with feeling sick on a coaster, whether I am full or on an empty stomach. I find that I have a different ride experience on a full stomach than on an empty one. Although, I think I would be fine I think I would consider waiting a little bit to ride TTD at CP, but that would be about the only exception.

Ruby Tuesdays. I love a good salad bar.

CF has lost a lot of money from food from me and my crew. We did like the sports bar, under Raptor at CP, but had sub par food twice in a row and I don't want to go back. To compare, I assume to get all my food inside Holiday World and love that we never need to leave.

I'm glad CF is loosing the "people gotta eat" mentality.

Example like the fresh pretzel stand they could , if wanted shape pretzels like the eifel tower, something similar to the Mickey pretzels.

But yes Cedar Fair as a whole beside MRS. KNOTTS chicken restraunt, I don't know how good the chicken is at Great America, but mrs. knotts is the best, and the funnel cakes I have tried KNOTTS wins, !

We shall see about this fresh approach;

• 2 weeks later...

that's not a reason to commit felony assault on the money compartment of my fanny pack.

That made me laugh! What a good way to put it! :lol:

My favorite place to eat at KI is the Festhaus, mostly because it's indoors and there aren't many indoor places to eat there. (The building is nice and cool in the summer and nice and warm during Haunt!)

I also absolutely love their pretzels on International Street - the gourmet ones. They taste amazing, just thinking about it is making my mouth water!

And, of course, blue and vanilla twist ice cream cone!

Inside the park-Outer Hanks is slowly growing up my list of places to eat, but my favorites are still Panda Express and those Rivertown Fries!

Outside the park-This is where I usually eat when I go to KI, and it is always, and I do mean ALWAYS Skyline Chili.