Holiday World Timberliners

The quote in question from Facebook:

The new Timberliner trains for The Voyage will not be delivered to us in time for pre-opening testing this spring. Unfortunately, that means we will have to wait until the fall for testing. It is our intent to fully test the new trains and have them on the track for the 2013 season.

Am I a little bummed? Sure. Was I hoping this wouldn't be the case? Very much so. But it is what it is, and it's just one more thing to look forward to in 2013. (A trip to Holiday World to experience the Timberliners may now be how I celebrate graduating college. Ironically, experiencing The Voyage for the first time--and believing I'd lucked out to catch it in the weekend or two in 2010 in which it would still run PTCs--was how I celebrated graduating high school. Go figure!)

The Voyage with PTCs, in my opinion, anyway, is still the best wooden coaster I've ever been on (especially in the back seat.) Some of its roughest parts have been completely rebuilt for this season. People like to attribute their distaste for PTC trains to this ride, but it's so insane that PTC cars literally can't handle it. 2012 will be a fantastic year for the ride, and I'd say that, if you want to experience The Voyage in its "original" magnitude before the Timberliners make their debut, this is the year to do it. Get there early, and get there often. (I've heard the coasters run best early in the season, before the new wood has worn... I can't say either way myself, as the latest I've gone in the season is July.)

• Like 1

The ride was incredibly rough last year when I rode it in the early season. And honestly, I`m not sure if I want to make the drive out to Holiday World since the ride will not have the new Timberliners on it for this season.

I wonder why the trains were not delivered on time. The trains have successfully completed a season on two different wooden roller coasters. Maybe there were some unforeseen issues that arose after inspecting those trains at the completion of the 2011 season.

The ride was incredibly rough last year when I rode it in the early season. And honestly, I`m not sure if I want to make the drive out to Holiday World since the ride will not have the new Timberliners on it for this season.

I wonder why the trains were not delivered on time. The trains have successfully completed a season on two different wooden roller coasters. Maybe there were some unforeseen issues that arose after inspecting those trains at the completion of the 2011 season.

It's either a problem with the timber or the liners!

They have done a lot of re-tracking this off season though. It hopefully would be a smoother ride.

I would think so too. Just wonder how much it will effect the way the new tracks "takes" the Timberliners. Meaning, how much it will settle into the wear patterns of the PTC trains and how much that will change the way it settles into the wear patterns of the Timberliners.

That said. I'm pretty glad it will still have PTC's this year. The ride is amazing, rough, but amazing with them. I can't wait to ride that new wood.

It should be mentioned (as I was told by our own Giga2K) antirollbacks were added before the break run because the Timberliners were having trouble clearing it. In the end, I bet it's a better overall ride but I worry it will loose to much of it's edge. It has such an amazing out of control feeling!

• Like 1