New Kings Island Ticket Printing

kingsrattler

Has anyone else had any issues printing tickets off of Kings Island's new styled website? Whenever I select print, nothing is sent to my printer. One time it sent a weird flash file to my printer that it could not process, but I have yet to have any luck being able to print off my tickets, both from work and from home. It could be that I'm using all networked printers.. haven't tried it from a physically connected printer yet. But its slightly frustrating in the least.

Yes I had the same problem buying my pass on Kings Dominion's website, but you just need a computer with flash. Speaking of season passes, it took me half an hour on Saturday to process my pass at SFOG. Whew! Glad that was fixed! :) You can also use your old pass from last year to renew. To save time, your pic is saved in the system for a few years. So there's no need to print out new passes a new picture when you can use your pass picture from last year!

Edit: Please make an attempt to at least try and follow this TOS rule - Spelling and grammar: You guys know how to write; I have no doubt about that. Please take the time to read over your posts before you post them to ensure that it's not confusing. This includes proper spelling, punctuation, and capitalization mainly. Via: http://www.KICentral...rms-of-service/

The new system for all Cedar Fair parks is Accesso, the same system the Columbus Zoo adopted last year. While it's a very capable system, unfortunately they prefer Flash for the store frontend. Flash seems to inexplicably fail to print on certain systems, and there's really no way to troubleshoot failures. Fortunately, the park can print anything you buy through Accesso at a ticket window - just ensure you have the credit card you paid with.

Hopefully Cedar Fair is able to get a HTML frontend from Accesso soon. I can't imagine that they're happy that people on iOS devices can't buy tickets online. Also, I can't be the only person nervous about typing a credit card number into a flash widget on a non-encrypted page. (Yes, the credit card number is sent to an Accesso server over TLS - but there's no way for the user to verify this through the browser.)

Thanks zzxc. I figured it was connected to the way flash was encapsulating the messages. I guess when i get home tonight, I will try to move my printer and physically hook it up to my computer, and see if its print server has better decryption than my network print server.

The location of the printer (network vs USB) probably won't have an effect here. Which type of printer do you have, and which OS are you using? You may want to email Kings Island and let them know the exact situation that is producing the failure, so they can communicate this to Accesso and/or Cedar Fair's web team. If you have an old or uncommon printer driver, the chance of a malfunction with Flash is greatly increased.

If you can't get it to work after moving the printer and/or updating its driver, an easy trick is to install a 'PDF Printer'. This presents itself to the OS as a printer, but saves the output to a PDF file instead of printing. If you're using Windows, a good, free option is http://www.pdfforge.org/pdfcreator . On Mac or Linux, one is already built-in via CUPS.

Be aware that Flash may block the PDF printer, as Flash printing has historically been used for printing documents like tickets and coupons. To make printing duplicates harder for the average computer user, some applications like to block or silently fail on PDF printers. (Not that printing duplicate tickets would matter for Accesso, as each barcode is good only once)

• Like 1