Rocky Mountain Construction

• 7 years later...
  • 3 years later...
20 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

IMG_5462.jpeg

With the tire drives on some sort of lift hill this could suggest a family Ibox coaster. In this photo you can see two different colors of track, a navy blue rail and light blue rail. I would have said it could be T. rex track but there are two rails positioned right next to one another just like Ibox track in this photo.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, disco2000 said:

I wonder if they would go to the expense of taking part of the train to the IAAPA conference (cross threading) ;)

Now why would they do such a thing?  I expect a report on my desk first thing in the morning proving unequivocally the exact ROI which can be expected of such an expense, on my desk, first thing in the morning.

Yes, Saturday morning.

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, ShedTreeBoi1 said:

So is it meant to completely replace an old wild mouse, or would RMC come in and, well, "RMC" it?

Based on this:

"Would you believe us if we said the Wild Moose is also designed to fit on any existing wild mouse coaster location?

RMC is suggesting that parks could remove their existing Wild Mouse ride, and RMC would build a brand new Wild Moose that fits that same plot of land in their park.  They're trying to say that the land you already use for a Wild Mouse is the perfect site for a Wild Moose.  Keep in mind that parks often use the "portable" version, including Cedar Point's new Zamperla Wild Mouse.  That means that they sit on top of a concrete slab.  RMC might even be able to reuse that slab so no site work would be needed, keeping the construction expenses down.  Not 100% sure on that part, though.  Imagine you could take out Cedar Point's Wild Mouse, and RMC brought in a brand new Wild Moose that fit right there, nestled next to Matterhorn and Atomic Scrambler on one side, Grand Pavilion on another, and of course Giant Wheel as well, without disturbing any of those rides.  That's what they're trying to sell, obviously more for parks with older Mice.

No indication that they are looking to "RMC" existing rides.

19 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I get and don’t get their sales pitch. 

I get that they want to let potential customers know that their ride is compact to the footprint to that of a Wild Mouse.

What I don’t get is: do they expect parks to demo their wild mouses in favor or their Wild Moose?

I see it more as a matter of, when your current Mouse comes to the end of its serviceable life, a Moose is basically a drop-in replacement on that site.  See the example of BGT above.  New ride, new experience that is easy to fit in at that point.  Not necessarily a push to remove Mice for parks that weren't already looking to do so.

These are also relatively compact plots of land that, as I noted above, tend to be surrounded by rides and buildings.  It can be hard to repurpose such a site, but RMC has a solution for that.  A replacement coaster that easily fits.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

In theory 

You could fit one next to Diamondback’s transfer track:

IMG_5509.png

IMG_5510.png

That would look terrible...distract from the beauty of the Eiffel Tower and the Grand Carousel.  Plus it would be loud with it being right beside the International Showplace. It would be the equivalent of a new junkyard coaster. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

To bad this was not available before the Vekoma KI just purchased. That would have went over well in Camp Snoopy. 

I personally think the support structure looks ugly as heck and wouldn’t want one unless it’s enclosed. The Vekoma we’re getting looks a lot nicer

And before anyone says anything, it would be too long to fit in the Crypt building….I checked.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I personally think the support structure looks ugly as heck and wouldn’t want one unless it’s enclosed. The Vekoma we’re getting looks a lot nicer

And before anyone says anything, it would be too long to fit in the Crypt building….I checked.

Crypt building expansion 2025!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

Crypt building expansion 2025!

I could definitely see the park doing this if just one side of the Crypt building needed to be expanded. Probably not feasible if two sides need to be extended. Or use the preshow rooms for the queue line and remove the old show building.

2025 would be 8 years after Mystic Timbers so I think that makes it even more possible!

• Like 2