first time trip questions

evilemokid94

hello all!!! iv been to Kings Island 3 times but all where when i was younger, well i have my license now and im wanting to go to Kings Island. my question is this, how much money should i bring for the day? i live 3 hours from Kings Island so im going to have to leave around 5 in the morning to be there when the gates open so im curious as to how much i should need for gas and for the day. im going to bring a cooler for the drive so i wont have to stop and get stuff to drink and im going to fill up my car before i head out, im also taking my girl so im going to have to supple for two. thank you guys!!! btw i love the site!!!!

Whenever I go on long trips I usually bring more money than I think I will spend. Depending on your car, bring around 100 for gas. Depending on if your eating in the park or not another 100. Are you buying your tickets there? Or online? Bring another 100 for tickets. Bringing the total to around 300 bucks give or take. Money you have left over can be used at a gift shop or maybe Fast Lane. Any money not left over, then arn't ya glad you brought extra? :) Hope you have a good time and welcome to KIC!

As I am not sure of the type of car you are driving, the gas mileage you get, or your driving style I would not be willing to speculate how much you would need to bring for gas.

Check the site for ticket prices. Plus I think its 10 for parking.

How much you spend inside the park is completely up to you. If you want to go the cheap route, pack that cooler with a meal or 2 and eat out at your vehicle. If you don't do any of the up charge things or play games you wont spend money inside the park. If you are the type that has to win your lady friend a prize and eat inside the park get the Fast Lane passes buy souvenirs and other things like that you could easily drop another 300 - 500. It is all based on the type of experience you want to have.

a 3 hour drive each way, I'd plan for a tank and a half of gas, ie you're going to fill up on the way home. Of course depending on the car, mileage, driving habits, tank size, etc... you might be able to get there and back on 1 tank. which direction and what time you come could also make a difference. Try sneaking thru northern Kentucky in the morning at rush hour could leave you in a decent size backup.

Parking, plan for 10 (can you come in/out several times a day for 1 price?)

Souveniors, they aren't cheap, from ride pictures to t-shirts, to glasses, or whatever. Personally, I skip all that stuff, maybe a T-shirt, but I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. If you want some ride pictures, a couple of t-shirts, etc... I'd plan on anywhere from $50-$100+ depending on your tastes.

Food isn't cheap either, but you have options. You can pack a lunch in your cooler, leave and come back and eat for pretty darn cheap. You can leave, head to a local sit down place for lunch and come back (do you have to pay for parking again?) and eat at a mcdonalds (are they rebuilding the one they tore down, or is it gone forever, I assume they're rebuilding it, McDonald's don't tend to go out business, but don't know) like place for $12 or so for 2, or go for something a little higher in price scale in the area. There's nothing in the area I'd consider high end in the immediate area, but in addition to the McDonalds that may or may not be there, there's a popeye's chicken, skyline chili, Chipotle, Bob Evans, Perkins, some mexican place I can't remember, Wendy's and a few more. If you're willing to drive 10 minutes or so, your lunch/dinner options open up quite a bit, but would take away from your time in the park.

They talk about upgrading the food in the park; we shall see. Based on last season some stuff is pretty good; some is merely edible, some I wouldn't even try, anyone's guess what new management will bring to food quality, it hasn't been KI strong point in th past. Inside there are several local chains, but their quality isn't as good as what you'd get at an actual restaurant. LaRosa's pizza, Skyline, Subway, chic-fil-a (obviously not on Sunday, I haven't eaten this in the park to know how it compares to regular store). You can buy one of the sovenior cups, and get cheap(er) refills on pop, small cups of water are free all over the park.

I don't think anyone mentioned this, but there are a number of attractions that are upcharges as well. Dinosaurs Alive, the skyswing, the Sling Shot (those names are probably wrong, can't recall their actual names), plus any sort of games that you might play. The swing & slong shot things can be rather pricey ($15-$25 a person IIRC, don't know if the website lists the prices or not) if that is your thing. Dinosaurs Alive was like $10 a person or something, I only did it once, its kind of neat, but I had a kid with me, if I was your age, it would be an easy skip.

All told, you can get by inside the park for $100 or less for 2 people depending on your eating habits and what you like to do. You could also spend upwards of $500 depending on what you by, how many games you play, how many upcharge rides or fast pass purchases.

To answer some of Medfords holes/questions-

You pay for parking once, and can leave and come back.. just make sure you keep your receipt for parking if this is what you choose to do.

The McDonalds has been remodeled to the "new style" McDonalds. And while its not "high end" there is an Outback just off of Kings Island Drive, and also a new DQ, Chipotle, and Jimmy Johns.

Slingshot and Xtreme Flyer can range from 5-20 dollars during the day per person, but are in no way necessary to enjoy your day at Kings Island, and if you are into Dinosaurs, Dinosaurs Alive! is 5 bucks a person.

All in all, tickets online (which are usually the cheapest) run around 40 bucks. If you are driving the car in your display pic, I would plan on 50-60 bucks for gas, then wherever your eating habits would leave you for food is the minimum you would spend. On the other end, well, Kings Island will let you spend as much as you want!

Hey Guys, yes the car in my picture is what I will be driving, it has a 2.8 v6 and I should get around 24 highway. Also iv already bought my tickets and my parking passes online I bought the 2 day tickets so those at out of the way. The only thing I need to get now are gas and food/drinks. And iv read that you can leave the park and come back but I will probably just eat inside the park, ie panda express or subway cause we love Chinese and subway.

^ I thought that car would have a v8

lmao, everyone says that but i opted for the v6 since its my first car and i was learning how to drive with it so i rebuilt the v6 so i have alittle more power but still a v6, but anywho i have a 383 lt1 sitting in my garage waiting for this summer when i can toss it in.

• 1 month later...

Buy your tickets online, then bring 100 bucks to spend in the park. If you plan on staying all day, buying a park cup with cheap refills may be worth it. I wouldn't eat in the park, there's plenty of fast food options near by. Park snacks are one thing, park meals are another. If you insist on eating in the park, then the buffet in Rivertown is your best bet price wise.

Pack the cooler heavy, keep a note coming in where all the fast food restaurants are, and don't plan on eating too much in the park. Those are your best bets for saving money.