Beach Boys Coming to Riverbend

Oldiesmann

Robby, you'll be happy with this news :)

Riverbend has just announced that The Beach Boys are coming on June 12th. Tickets go on sale March 30th (a week from tomorrow) and are $25 for lawn and $55 and $95 for pavilion. Also note that there's a $10 discount on lawn seats if you buy them the day they go on sale.

I'm hoping to get a ticket for this, as I've never seen them in concert (though I know my dad saw them at least once when they used to play Riverfront Stadium every year).

they are not a good 'live' band in any of their incarnations..i've seen them several times and I wouldn't even spend the $15 on a lawn tix they're hyping for the first day of sales..stay home and listen to "Pet Sounds" :)

Good for you CoastersRZ in going. My family saw them a few years ago and we really enjoyed ourselves. I mean it was not the most exciting or best concert we have attended but the atmosphere was laid back and fun. I think if one goes with family or friends and just goes to enjoy the experience then they will have fun but if they go to be a critic they will be disappointed.

When we saw them one of the band members had their niece there and introduced her, asked the audience if they would mind if she sang one of the songs as her first concert performance. Of course everyone encouraged it and gave her a standing ovation when she was done. It was just a fun show and I am glad we took the time to go. Enjoy yourself.

0_0_d055162d58b36ba424558310f0b60d4a_1.jpg

• Like 1

Just got my ticket :)

It's times like this that remind me why I don't go to more concerts like these...

Ticket price: $51.50

Facility charge: $3.50

Convenience charge: $11.50

Order processing fee: $5.50

So, a ticket with a face value of $51.50 ended up costing me $72. A bit more than I wanted to pay, but it was either that or lawn seats.

I'm still deciding whether I'd like to see Boston and Kansas or the Beach Boys. Hmmmm, this may take a while.....

Boston isn't even Boston. And neither is Kansas. Nothing close to the original lineup. Granted The Beach Boys have lost two, but they have a pretty good representation of the original band. AND you'd get to see Brian Wilson. Who doesn't want that?

The ads I heard for this show on WGRR yesterday were saying that this is the first time all of these musicians have been on stage together in more than 20 years. Not sure if that's actually true or if it's just creative marketing, but I'm not missing out on this opportunity. I never got a chance to see them when they used to play Riverfront every year.