The 2012 ERT Poll

McSalsa

Someone already mentioned this in the "crowds" topic, but I felt this deserved its own topic...oh heck, let's make a poll! ;)

Kings Island has revealed the "expanded" lineup of rides for Gold Passholder ERT. It's a long list.

Early rides include: Diamondback, Invertigo, Eiffel Tower, Flying Ace Aerial Chase, Woodstock Whirlybirds, Boo Blasters on Boo Hill, Linus’ Launcher, Great Pumpkin Coaster, Charlie Brown’s Wind Up and Surf Dog.

Sadly, a ride that has been ERT for many years now, and in fact is my favorite ride in the park, is no longer on that list...Beast ERT is no more. (A second poll has been added to see the reaction to this) I do like the fact they are giving the kids more rides, though.

What do you think about this "new" ERT lineup?

So, they add Planet Snoopy rides to the ERT? I was so excited to see what they would add. And they add Planet Snoopy RIDES? Also, Invertigo? My weekly plan is always go to Diamondback then go to Beast. Now I would have to walk to the other side of the park to ride something else? This is crap! The point of ERTs is to get onto the major rides at Kings Island before crowds get here. Now it's Planet Snoopy and Invertigo? Say what?

(if I had waited until tomorrow to post this it I wouldn't have yelled but now I have to get it out of my system).

For many years, the before opening ERT rides consisted of.

Then, a to ride Beast, for ACE members was started by the one, the only, the wonderful and incomparable Ruth Voss.

Then Cedar Fair took over and opened the walkback to all coaster club members.

Then, ERT for gold and platinum passholders was added.

It's nice that Cedar Fair does this. Compare Six Flags or even Holiday World. Then, come on, get happy!

I wish the lineup was more along the lines of Cedar Point's. Firehawk has always been a ride that should be open for ERT as it is possibly the longest line at the park most days. While I can understand the reasoning of not opening up the whole park to visitors at once, Cedar Point does it, and from what I know it causes little problems. If DB, Beast, Invertigo, FOF, and Firehawk were all open for ERT, it would be fantastic.

I've cooled down now and I'm now thinking about the positive...they could have taken off Diamondback but at least they kept it. It's just that Invertigo isn't really a favorite ride of mine and it's not one I have to ride when I go to Kings Island for a day. Oh well. Guess I'll go ride Flying Ace Aerial Chase.

Someone already mentioned this in the "crowds" topic, but I felt this deserved its own topic...oh heck, let's make a poll! ;)

Kings Island has revealed the "expanded" lineup of rides for Gold Passholder ERT. It's a long list.

Early rides include: Diamondback, Invertigo, Eiffel Tower, Flying Ace Aerial Chase, Woodstock Whirlybirds, Boo Blasters on Boo Hill, Linus’ Launcher, Great Pumpkin Coaster, Charlie Brown’s Wind Up and Surf Dog.

Sadly, a ride that has been ERT for many years now, and in fact is my favorite ride in the park, is no longer on that list...Beast ERT is no more. (A second poll has been added to see the reaction to this) I do like the fact they are giving the kids more rides, though.

What do you think about this "new" ERT lineup?

That was me who mentioned it, thank you. Overall I'm ok with the ERT rides I still get Diamondback and I like Invertigo just before, the little 5 year olds had nothing to do, now they can do something.

Guest TombraiderTy

If they pointed towards family fun they would add rides like The Racer or Adventure Express.

Both of those have 48" height requirements (same as The Beast), omitting quite a few from the "family fun". The current list of attractions has two 54" rides, two 44" rides, a 42" ride, two 36" rides, and three attractions anyone can ride. That's much more family oriented than before (a 48" and 54" ride).

I'm thrilled with the PS rides! I have never taken advantage of ERTs before because there was nothing my kids could ride. But we'll definitely use them a lot this summer!

Great move and hopefully an indication of where KI is headed in the future. More family stuff!

Didn't the park put the kabosh on Beast ERT last year and replaced it with WS & Vortex?