Meal Deal?

FOF1996

I noticed that Carowinds is offering their Easter meal again from April 6-8. If any of you happen to be down there that weekend I'd definitely recommend the meal offering. It's all-you-can-eat (includes soft drinks) and the food items offered on the buffet last year were all outstanding.

I could definitely see a meal plan option available at KI. It seems obvious that this is an area of in park spending that is being targetted for improvement with the moves going on corporately at CF and locally at KI where food is concerned.

It will be very interesting to see how this plays out over the summer as the park is upping its game, but at the same time, there are also many new options that have opened up very close by within the last year or so:

- Blue Ash Chili, Donato's, Penn Station on Western Row

- Chipotle, Jimmy Johns on Kings Island Drive

- Remodeled McDonanalds on 741

There is also a Panda Express and Jack in the Box going in on Tylersville Road near I-75 that is only ~10 minutes from the park

For me, I don't know that I'd use a meal plan, but improved quality food and better allergen options (Gluten Free Pizza is a big step) will help my family enjoy the park more.

There are plenty of great outside-the-park dining options in the area depending on your preferences. My favorite is Culver's on Tylersville (South on KI Drive, hang a right onto Western Row, continue onto Tylersville and keep going for another 2 miles or so).

I am glad to hear that DQ and Chipotle have moved into the area. Anyone want to take bets on how much longer Taco Bell will last with Chipotle nearby?

I am not a big rice and beans fan, so a gargantuan burrito that is mostly rice and beans with a little meat, cheese and lettuce thrown in for 7 bucks has no appeal to me at all.

I always end up asking for lite rice, then i load up on the beans (both types), meat, lettuce (lite cheese), 2 types of salsa.... yummy :)... but I also put everything in a bowl...

If only Chipotle would work on reducing the saltiness of everything on the menu, I might start going there again. Really, Abuelo's isn't much more for lunch and has a better environment with much better tasting food. (Also, chips and salsa are free)

I am glad to hear that DQ and Chipotle have moved into the area. Anyone want to take bets on how much longer Taco Bell will last with Chipotle nearby?

Considering Chipotle closes at 10, right when the park will be closing during most of the summer, and Taco Bell is open until the wee hours of the morning. I don't see them pulling out of that location.