What to expect?

I know last year I was originally was gonna go to Vegas but with everything that happened with Bonzi's care and paying the bills following his death and what the family went through loosing Troy, Vegas was not a priority and got put on the back burner.

Well, after my solo trip to Cali (I am gonna go on another this year later on), my mom wants to go to Vegas (mostly to see Donny Osmond...) and see the Grand Canyon. I figure while she goes see her favorite teen idol from her childhood, I'll do the rides and go see the dolphins (which I'm actually more interested in than the rides but yeah). Is the Big Shot (I think that was the name) still in operation at Stratosphere? Opinions on the coasters? I'm willing for the credit :P

Sadly, I have not been to Las Vegas but I do know that the Big Shot (you got the name right) is still operating....

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=stratosphere+big+shot&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CFcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stratospherehotel.com%2FTower%2FRides%2FBig-Shot&ei=7-Z0T7GZCqGU2AX548i-DQ&usg=AFQjCNG2t6RIqzHM5y_XU9cNYqV4lhf5GA

And the coaster that used to be on the tower (High Roller) is no longer there and hasn't been for a long time.

As for other coaster's in Las Vegas, I'm not sure...

Sorry if I was'nt much help :(

During the time when Las Vegas was doing the "family" thing, I was in love with the city.

Like one theme park after another... Treasure Island, Caesars Palace, Circus Circus, The Mirage, New York New York... Each one was like a theme park in and of itself, even without rides! But that time has passed. It's a shame, too.

I would love to have seen the MGM Grand Adventures...

When I went out to Vegas in 2002, I had a great time. Saw Star Trek: The Experience, Grand Canyon, and saw my favorite singer Sheena Easton. I stayed at The Sahara and had my picture taken with the Charo and she gave me a huge hug!!! I played the slots and did very good. At the end of the week when it was time for me to go, I was down got my last $50 but I won $800 on the slots!! One thing when I played slots at The Bellagio and had to use the mens room, I was surprised it had an attendant offering fancy cloth towels instead of paper towels, of course tips were expected!