Past/Present Owner(s) of Kings Island

BB1

So many people/companies have owned our Kings Island, all making their own distinct "imprint" on Kings Island. Which this leads me to ask Kic this, who do you think did the best job at Owning/Operating Kings Island?

Based on personal preference on the ones I've been alive for, I prefer Paramount. But really, that's due to my own skewed experiences and knowledge of the park at the time. I didn't really care much about ride locations or removals until Cedar Fair.

Realistically, Taft probably did it best. They pretty much made the park into what it is with the individually themed areas and rides like Racer.

• 3 weeks later...

Paramount brought Kings Island into the big time. I'd have to say Paramount made Kings Island competitive with other area parks, like, at that time, SFKK.

They brought so many big-name rides and attractions into Kings Island (Delirium, Drop Zone, SoB, Flight of Fear, TR:TR, FearFest), and only one has been axed so far. Cedar Fair did bring us Firehawk, Diamondback, WindSeeker, and Dinosaurs Alive!, but they don't put the same amount of effort into the theming of the rides as Paramount did.