Carowinds 4-1-12

ohiocolts

Hello everyone! I went to Carowinds today and would like to share about the trip. Well I was there from a couple minutes after it opened (10:00) to about 6:30. We started off going to Nighthawk before the line gets long. It was about a 10 min. wait and the line grew to likely an hour or 2 later in the day. Then I decided to take my first ever ride on Intimidator. It was about a 15 min wait and was a great ride. Then I decided to work my way around and hit Hurler. It was a walk on and pretty shaky but for me shaky is good. Then we walked on to Drop Tower and Carolina Cyclone, which were both enjoyable. Then we went to Goldrush, and while in line therecwas a squirrel on the track, so it was about a 5 min wait, and it was a nice relaxing coaster. Then I walked on to Vortex, which was a nice little stand up. Then we waited in a 20 min wait for Richochet, which was a pretty fun wild mouse. Then I waited about 15 min for Carolina Cyclone, which was fun. Then, I got to ride WindSeeker on its 2nd day of operation at Carowijds. It was nice getting a great view of Carowinds. Then I walked on tobSouthern Star, which was fun and thrilling, Iand my dads phone came out of his pocket, and was so close to being doomed. He grabbed it just in time. Then I walked on to Thunder Road in the back row, which was extremely shaky, and had some air time. Then we went to go eat at Country Kitchen, and it was pretty good. Then we went onto the Skytower, which had a nice view. Then I walked on to Afterburn, which was a ton of fun. I also waited about 20 min for the Flying Eagles, which I would like back at KI. Then I rode the shaky thunder road 4 times in a row, which was fun, with no waits. Then I went back to Intimidator and rode it 4 times in a row, with about 15 min waits. Then I rode Hurler 1 more time, and realized storms were coming. So I took one last ride on Intimidator, so I could get a ride photo. Then we went back to our car and it started to rain. Overall, it was a great day and I got a ton of rides in. Also, this is my first trip report, so let me know what I did wrong or do next time. Also, I was typing fast so let me know if there is any spelling errors, and I'll fix that as soon as I can.

"Then I rode Hurled 1 more time, and realized storks were coming. So I took one last ride on Intimidator, so I could get a ride photo. Then we went back to our car and it started to rain. Overall, it was a great dayvand I got a to. of rides in.

got to watch it when those lousy storks approach. they could really kill a day of fun on a coaster.

Their WindSeeker does have onboard audio. I can't be sure if it's the same loop, because I only rode it once. But the music does sound similar, so it very well could be. What did Carowinds do better/worse? Well, the thing I liked about Intimidator much more than Diamondback, is that it is very well themed to Dale Earnhart. Like, they had a "victory lane" at the entrance of the ride, which included checkards on the floor, Dale Earnhart in front if the ride layout, and Dale's car, right in front of a board showing all his wins. There was also racing music that played in the queue, and when the ride started, a voice said "gentleman, start your engines"! KI could have done some sort of thing to theme Diamondback to Diamondback, as the only Diamondback thing there is is the entrance sign. On the bad side, I noticed not very many family flats(except for Planet Snoopy). There was a bit of family coasters though.

I do like at Carowinds how they took something that is big in the city (you have Charlotte Speedway, as well as about 90% of the NASCAR teams based there), and used it as theming for the ride.

Reading your trip report, I can't help but get excited for "that time of year" again. I've been counting down the days until June 1st!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the thing I liked about Intimidator much more than Diamondback, is that it is very well themed to Dale Earnhart. Like, they had a "victory lane" at the entrance of the ride, which included checkards on the floor, Dale Earnhart in front if the ride layout, and Dale's car, right in front of a board showing all his wins. There was also racing music that played in the queue, and when the ride started, a voice said "gentleman, start your engines"! KI could have done some sort of thing to theme Diamondback to Diamondback, as the only Diamondback thing there is is the entrance sign. On the bad side, I noticed not very many family flats(except for Planet Snoopy). There was a bit of family coasters though.

I agree with some of this, when I was at the park in 2010 I think Carowinds as a whole was lacking flat rides. Intimidator is equal with Diamondback in my book because Timmy has all the theming, it feels more varied in elements, but Diamondback is in the woods, has a great station and a splashdown. Also, ther is more theming to Diamondback than you seem to think. Splashdown (snake passing through water, rocks around the water too), a nice wood station (similar to what you would find where a Diamondback is), the epic trains (with a Diamondback head and even fangs), and of course the sign.

• Like 1