Welcome to Kings Island Central Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
standbyme

1999 Brochure

It's not that old of a brochure...but here it is anyway.

a99a.jpg

I still find it amazing that the park got two major rides in one year.

a99b.jpg

Oddly enough, even though I am amazed the park got two major rides in one year...I don't really care for either of them! :lol:

a99c.jpg

"Give Scooby Doo a big hug"...a line that once made me smile now makes me sad. :(

a99d.jpg

I'm guessing The Beast will outlive USAToday.

a99e.jpg

a99f.jpg

a99g.jpg

I like the Yogi, Fred & Scooby shot. :)

a99h.jpg

"Clogging At Paramount's Kings Island"...nowadays when I think of clogging and Kings Island I think of Halloween Haunt. ;)

a99i.jpg

"Most bang for your buck"...I wonder who uses this slogan more, gun sellers, firework manufacturers...or brothels? :rolleyes:

a99j.jpg

Have a great day!

They did that last year too. Doesn`t make much sense, especially with the nice weather we have been enjoying this spring. But I`m sure they have their reasons.

And they didn't even start with Daily Operation till the end of May! Daily Operation starts May 11th this year, so really it ends up to be the same amount of time!

I notice they opened around April 17, why they open so late this year? I don't know.

I'm no marketing expert, but one of the reasons I feel contributes to a late opening is simply not enough employees available for work. The typical pool the park draws employment from is teenagers (there seemed to be more college age in the 90's, however). This was becoming a problem even when I worked at KI from 95 to 98. We struggled to fill spots in the games department and most of us had to pull double duty to keep up. This was especially a problem in post season. At that point, there was no Fear Fest or Halloween Haunt to retain employee interest. I remember when they introduced an incentive program where you would receive a bonus for every weekend you continued employment at the park in post season. We'd get those checks just before Christmas and for those who stuck around to the very last weekend came out with a considerable amount of money (for a minimum wage job anyway).

~Josh