Meet Nick Licastro - Soak City Area Manager

IndyGuy4KI

And for anyone wondering, the company that bestowed those safety awards on Kings Island is Jeff Ellis & Associates. They train and certify hundres of lifeguards at parks all across the country. Some of the other parks that use Jeff Ellis and Associates include Hersheypark, Walt Disney World, and Cincinnati`s Coney Island In fact, Coney Island`s lifeguards also just won the Platinum International Aquatic Safety Award as well.

Were some of these questions necessary? Relevant? The idea is cool, but do I really care what he eats for breakfast?

How about:

If Kings Island could do one thing differently, what would it be?

Where do I see myself in 5 years in the company?

What sparked your interest in working for a theme park?

Why did you choose to make a career out of it?

If I could have any other position in the park right now, what would it be?

Do I think the waterpark will see a downward shift in attendance while Ed Alonzo is doing his show?

What's the most exciting thing that Kings Island is doing besides Soak City, in my opinion?

All of these would be VERY interesting questions. Nick would have great answers to them. In their defense, the interns who wrote the questions for this video probably just started with the park, so they'll learn a lot more about the industry and how to connect to people through social media.

Regardless, great job Nick Licastro! His dedication to the park will certainly show through Soak City. The people in his circa-position (Nick, Kosmac, Derek) are some of the people that I respect most in the park. I'm in no position to say that what they do is perfect, but they're a very passionate crew.

Speaking of which, I can not wait to see a video on Brian Kosmac! What a passionate guy! I mean, really, he really cares... he puts his heart and soul into that park. You know the "improvements" that were made to The Crypt last year? That was Kosmac working out of his garage. I'm not kidding.... his garage at home. Same with Flight of Fear having every light working. Yep, Kos. The laser thing-y in the tunnel for FOF? Kos.

I don't want to play down Licastro, though. His work, however, will speak for itself this May. The feedback I've gotten about him is that he's a quality control freak with great attention to detail. When I made my first trip to Boomerang Bay in 5 years this past August, I noticed how clean and attentive the place was. Not bad... not bad at all.

Derailing the Nick thread a bit more:

Speaking of which, I can not wait to see a video on Brian Kosmac! What a passionate guy! ... Same with Flight of Fear having every light working.

Brian Kosmac? That name sounds familiar. When The Beast tunnel lights were constantly on last May/June, I wrote on the KI feedback webpage. Some guy wrote an email back with a significant explanation of what was happening, a mea culpa (that's "dude, my bad" in latin) and promised to fix it. Rechecking that email, it was from Brian.

And for anyone wondering, the company that bestowed those safety awards on Kings Island is Jeff Ellis & Associates. They train and certify hundres of lifeguards at parks all across the country. Some of the other parks that use Jeff Ellis and Associates include Hersheypark, Walt Disney World, and Cincinnati`s Coney Island In fact, Coney Island`s lifeguards also just won the Platinum International Aquatic Safety Award as well.

Coney heard a rumor while working at coco key as a lifeguard that you guys are using a underwater breathing system to alow your lifeguards to be underwater longer.